Huddersfield v Newcastle United 04/03/2017

The Fish

HTFC v NUFC  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol:

The best team that didn't create a single clear cut chance. As someone said it was like Swansea a few years ago (one of Pardews best tactical games), they just had 70% of the ball in the middle of the pitch while a goal down why the fuck would we chase them up and open ourselves up? (I know you're not saying they were the best btw Strawb).

It's doing my box in mate, we are top of the league by a mile. Best defence and best attack records in the league and people still find a way to have a whinge.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewerk really?

When they cut it down to 2-1 it never crossed your mind that they might score some stupid goal off someone's penis?

They never looked like scoring from open play.

See fishes bed wetting on Twitter.

It's doing my box in mate, we are top of the league by a mile. Best defence and best attack records in the league and people still find a way to have a whinge.

Agree fully, the last two games have honestly been some of the most impressive I've seen from NUFC sides in fucking years. Rafa got his tactics spot on in both games, I agree with what ewerk is saying in all once we took the lead I was never particularly worried about losing it as we controlled the game without having the ball. We directed everything down the flanks and their only chances were 25 yarders from wingers cutting inside out of frustration, Darlow saw every chance a mile off and there was no danger. We've proven to everyone we're the best in the league with these two performances tbh.

Honestly when was the last time any of us have watched an NUFC side look that fucking comfortable under pressure? Their back ups got a goal against Man City but couldn't buy a goal today against our lot (soft pen aside).

Okay okay. You guys win. We should play exactly like this every game.

Alternatively we could have tried to outpass probably the best passing and pressing sides in the league with Jack Colback, Dummett, Anita, Diame, etc. you have to pick your battles on a game by game basis which is what Rafa did today, we let them have the ball and showed incredible patience under pressure, then showed complete composure in the attack scoring 3 times with the few chances we got. Impressive imo.

NUFC to Score

0 -

1 - The Fish, Park Life, Rayvin, Renton, David Kelly, OTF, Holden McGroin, Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, tooner, Kitman, acrossthepond, barnabox, @yourservice, Happy Face

2 - rogerbarton, TheGingerQuiff, MiddleAgeCool, StoneColdStephenIreland, Lackie92, strawb, ohhh_yeah, Ant, LooneyToony, Tom, ewerk

3 - Dr Gloom, Howay, Andrew, zico martin, Anorthernsoul, Dougle, scoobos

4+ -

NUFC to Concede

0 - rogerbarton, Howay, David Kelly, OTF, StoneColdStephenIreland, Holden McGroin, Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, Ant, Happy Face, Tom, scoobos, ewerk

1 - The Fish, Park Life, Dr Gloom, Andrew, TheGingerQuiff, zico martin, Lackie92, tooner, strawb, Kitman, acrossthepond, Dougle, LooneyToony

2 - Rayvin, Renton, Anorthernsoul, ohhh_yeah, barnabox, @yourservice

3 -

4+ - MiddleAgeCool

Agree fully, the last two games have honestly been some of the most impressive I've seen from NUFC sides in fucking years. Rafa got his tactics spot on in both games, I agree with what ewerk is saying in all once we took the lead I was never particularly worried about losing it as we controlled the game without having the ball. We directed everything down the flanks and their only chances were 25 yarders from wingers cutting inside out of frustration, Darlow saw every chance a mile off and there was no danger. We've proven to everyone we're the best in the league with these two performances tbh.

Honestly when was the last time any of us have watched an NUFC side look that fucking comfortable under pressure? Their back ups got a goal against Man City but couldn't buy a goal today against our lot (soft pen aside).

Completely agree with you mate.

We played both games absolutely perfectly and it's testiment to Rafa tbh, he understands that you can't play the same in every game and have to play the circumstances. If some had their way we would be fucking Brazil 1970 and while that would be nice, it's not realistic.

We played both games absolutely perfectly and it's testiment to Rafa tbh, he understands that you can't play the same in every game and have to play the circumstances. If some had their way we would be fucking Brazil 1970 and while that would be nice, it's not realistic.

Basically how McClaren tried to have us playing. Not realistic.

Aye that's it like, with the clip of some of the players we've got we're never going to look amazing. It's also simply not Benitez's style, he looks to counter what the opposition likes to do and as you say the last two games he's done that perfectly. I think when we go up (hoying away the false modesty of saying if now) we'll see our lot open up a bit more and play some "better" stuff, as I think we'll buy some canny players if Benitez hangs about, and perhaps more importantly teams will give us more space to operate as they wont be looking to put 11 behind the ball and shut us down like they have the majority of games.

However we're never going to look like Brazil 1970 or Pep's Barca, we'll always be pragmatic and look to be solid defensively first, but as I said earlier it's honestly fucking brilliant to watch an NUFC team not look like they're in full on panic mode when under heavy pressure like that. 

Bloody love Rafa, hope he stays on past this season as it's going to be a real punch to the cock if he walks out and we get some absolute slug like Kinnear in again and we go back to watching a disorganized mess every week. Regardless of how much of been enjoying our lot recently, it is still exceedingly difficult to watch Colback try and play football :lol: honestly man the lad is an utter disgrace, even Dummett and Anita have parts of their game they do well but he seems to struggle in every aspect. Rafa's subs were good again today in all.

Edited by Howay

Basically how McClaren tried to have us playing. Not realistic.

:lol: They reminded me slightly of us (at times) under McClaren, passing the ball around aimlessly causing no threat whatsoever. The funny part about people moaning about us effectively "hanging on" against Huddersfield today is that if it was the other way round and we watched our side spend 94 minutes controlling all of the ball and creating no clear cut chances whatsoever there would be a massive amount of frustration about it but when the other side is doing it we were just luckily hanging on. They were crap tbh, and we allowed them to have the ball in nonthreatening areas while sitting on a lead.

Edited by Howay

:lol: They reminded me slightly of us (at times) under McClaren, passing the ball around aimlessly causing no threat whatsoever. The funny part about people moaning about us effectively "hanging on" against Huddersfield today is that if it was the other way round and we watched our side spend 94 minutes controlling all of the ball and creating no clear cut chances whatsoever there would be a massive amount of frustration about it but when the other side is doing it we were just luckily hanging on. They were crap tbh, and we allowed them to have the ball in nonthreatening areas while sitting on a lead.

Tbh mate its literally unreal how some people have managed to find negatives in what is practically speaking our promotion. I loved the way we controlled this game and ultimately won the Brighton game. We are

evidently the best team in the league, if you can't enjoy this moment then, seriously, what's the point?

Tbh mate its literally unreal how some people have managed to find negatives in what is practically speaking our promotion. I loved the way we controlled this game and ultimately won the Brighton game. We are

evidently the best team in the league, if you can't enjoy this moment then, seriously, what's the point?

Spot on, as I said earlier to Strawb the last two performances have given me more enjoyment than many in a long time. I even had a feeling of nervous excitement leading up to today's game, something I've not had about a toon game in absolute years and the lads on the pitch and the coaching staff didn't disappoint me at all today.

As you say, we're the best team in the league it's been a quality season imo.

11 points clear of the playoffs and Mackems 6 points clear of safety. It's a good day :D

Hadn't even looked at the Premiership yet today, that's made my day.   :lol:

They've got an expected return of ~0.05 points from their game in hand too.

Edited by adios

Can only really fully remember the goals and the drunken celebrations that followed  :whistling:

But it was the perfect away performance, they never troubled us apart from long range efforts which Darlow had comfortably. Can't believe after watching them (Huddersfield) that this was the team that so many of our lot were scared of regarding catching us, they were fucking shit. Their fans going on about how they were the better side, they can't simply grasp the basic concept of having loads of the ball means absolutely fuck all; we seen it under McClaren, the Sheff Wed cup game being a perfect example. Huddersfield were garbage, are a tinpot club and I hope they don't go up in the play offs, get Sheff Wed or Leeds up instead.

Anyway, think we're pretty much up now tbh.

As it stands

25 more points & Huddersfield can't catch us.

28 more points & we go up as League winners

Obviously that will change if Brighton & Huddersfield drop points ( we'll need less ) but that's how it looks today if my arithmetic is right

Feels to me like we dealt Brighton a lethal blow on Tuesday and Huddersfield yesterday. Brighton being stuffed by Forest seems to bear this out, much like Norwich had a huge drop in form when we reversed them in extra time. The Gods have spoken.

Edited by Renton

I read a bit of match thread from a Huddrersfield forum linked on N-O and apart from being hilariously clueless, I was struck by a few comments which I've read elsewhere that the refs are favouring us.

I know I'm biased but I think the opposite with Fulham being the starting point and the nadir abviously being that cunt at Forest.

Can ayone think of any games where we have been favoured in a game changing manner? - I rememeber bullshit whinges from Monk at Leeds and Lambert at Wolves but overall I think we've been fucked over quite a few times - and we're still fucking top.