Newcastle United v Sheff Weds

wykikitoon

Whats the score like?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owls fans going in like they've reached Wembley fucking ducks

Aye bunch of softies were utterly shitting it after we scored in all. All 12 of them acting like they've won the league now.

I must say I've no idea what game this ref is watching. Lets them get away with a foul and then 30 seconds later gives them a free kick for an identical foul. Done that numerous times today.

I get this "it's a rougher league" shite but they've been short pulling all day the fucking tarts.

I think they deserved to win on boxing day but they did get away with murder then as well.

Might have been different if Bannan had walked.

Very disappointed with the players today, let the same tactics beat us both games against these and then their heads dropped. Shelvey kept driving and after we scored it was as if they remembered they're better than Sheffield but it was too late really.

Ah well still a massive gap over 3rd place, players showed a bit of lack of desire today and it'll likely cost them the title if they keep this up but not an auto spot.

I think they deserved to win on boxing day but they did get away with murder then as well.

Might have been different if Bannan had walked.

They were the "better side" on Boxing Day but to be fair anytime any of our lot crossed the half way line they got fucking leveled and the ref never bothered booking for it until the 80th minute. That CB Hutchinson must have committed about 8 fouls alone.

Dummett, Perez, Lascelles, M'Bemba, Perez, Diame, Perez, Gouffran, Ritchie and Perez all utter shite today.

Still, Huddersfield lost, so we are going up, even if we lose our last 5 games (not that we will, of course). I can't even see Huddersfield getting 11 points in their last 6 games.

Rafa has worked absolute wonders with this squad, if he doesn't get at least 4 new premier league players the he should quit and go to a team he deserves.

NUFC To Score

0 - 

1 - wykikitoon, Holden McGroin, The Fish, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Graing, tooner, Happy Face, rogerbarton

2 - ewerk, Rayvin, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, barnabox, Kitman, strawb, LooneyToony, Tom, Ant, TheGingerQuiff

3 - OTF, Andrew, acrossthepond, Howay, Dougle, scoobos, ohhh_yeah

4+ - adios

NUFC To Concede

0 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, OTF, Andrew, Howay, LooneyToony, Happy Face, Tom, rogerbarton, scoobos

1 - wykikitoon, ewerk, Rayvin, Holden McGroin, The Fish, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, acrossthepond, Graing, tooner, Dougle, Kitman, strawb, Ant, TheGingerQuiff, ohhh_yeah

2 - barnabox, adios

3 - 

4+ - 

Had enough of Lascelles now like, going to take something very special from Rafa to fix him.

On the plus side, Shelvey is classy as fuck.  There was a point where he feinted to shoot, I think with the intention of putting Perez(?) through, saw he'd strayed offside and decided to shoot himself instead.  All in about half a second.

99% of players couldn't do that.

I said I had a bad feeling about this game,  lo and behold.

Plan A.....no worky

Plan B.....no worky

Plan C.....no worky

After the first 5 minutes it looked like Sheffield were destined to win, they played better football, kept procession better, and looked dangerous from the get-go.

We are beginning to go downhill when we should be climbing up. We are getting worse when we should be getting better.

I was dismayed to see Gouffran in the starting line-up.

D is for dreadful and also Diame.

S is for super and also Shelvey.

I now have badder feelings about the Leeds match.

All this shite I read on Twitter about hash tag #nufc can fuck off, calm down well get promotion etc.

So what, we're supposed to accept shite and the only player that grafted today was Jonjo? Oh OK.

:lol: What happens if we batter Leeds, will these same players be class? No because we know full well most of them are poor players, the people on Twitter are rightly trying to go against an over reaction to the result like Noelies. We're 10 points clear of Huddersfield, even if we lose all our remaining games they will need to win 4 out of 6, that's how big the margin is man.

We know we need an improvement in the summer but there's no point whining on now, players like Anita, Gouff etc will more than likely be gone. Teams have off games and as usual it's been jumped on by some as if it's an example of some over arching theme that we are utter shite. We have won as many games as 4 out of the last 5 champions with 5 left to play, we are a team with a top manager and a few classy players with a good heap of average championship talent but we're far from poor and we're far from being at a stage where worrying about automatic promotion is anything but bed wetting.

It's also worth remembering the team are shattered by this point. Liverpool started Coutinho and Firminho on the bench today because they were too tired to start, our lot have played more games than them.

Edited by Howay

I didn't see a lack of graft, I saw a lack of class and a lack of decent defenders more than anything.

The list of players who can make the step up does seem to be shrinking though.

Darlow, Yedlin, Clark, Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Gayle.  Three or four needed for the first eleven alone.

Been dubious about Lacelles for a long time, but today cemented my feelings. He should have easily out-jumped Fletcher to stop him scoring.

When you see Nitro winning head balls, chesting the ball then taking a shot from which Shelvey scored the rebound, I have to wonder why Rafa has not been giving him game-time. The last time I saw Nitro on the pitch he was scoring a good goal for Serbia.

I would like to see Haidara given a go at left-back in place of Dummett....... maybe even Lazar.

And I'd like to see Gamez given a run of games at right-back in place of Anita.

Anita might do better in mid-field in place of Diame.

I'd like to see us play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, I don't like this lone striker thingy.

Are you listening to me Rafa??

Been dubious about Lacelles for a long time, but today cemented my feelings. He should have easily out-jumped Fletcher to stop him scoring.

When you see Nitro winning head balls, chesting the ball then taking a shot from which Shelvey scored the rebound, I have to wonder why Rafa has not been giving him game-time. The last time I saw Nitro on the pitch he was scoring a good goal for Serbia.

I would like to see Haidara given a go at left-back in place of Dummett....... maybe even Lazar.

And I'd like to see Gamez given a run of games at right-back in place of Anita.

Anita might do better in mid-field in place of Diame.

I'd like to see us play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, I don't like this lone striker thingy.

Are you listening to me Rafa??

Agree with most of that tbf.

I didn't see a lack of graft, I saw a lack of class and a lack of decent defenders more than anything.

The list of players who can make the step up does seem to be shrinking though.

Darlow, Yedlin, Clark, Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Gayle. Three or four needed for the first eleven alone.

I still think it was a lack of grit and determination, when they started applying themselves (after the Jonjo goal) we were in full control of the match.

I think those have been the players most of the season, players like Lascelles were always going to be risky project imo as a lot of his faults are very hard to fix.

We do have a lot of cloggers in the squad but it was the exact same last time we went up, we had players like Fitz Hall, Marlon Harewood, etc in the team, that's just part of having a squad big enough to do the job down here. The summer is a big question obviously and that's the only thing I'm nervous about.

Honestly man, anyone who spends time on #nufc, I don't know whether to show utmost respect or tell you to cop the fuck on.

First thing I see:

Wncx7mE.png

Trolling or functioning stillborn.  Why would you put yourself through that?

I still think it was a lack of grit and determination, when they started applying themselves (after the Jonjo goal) we were in full control of the match.

I think those have been the players most of the season, players like Lascelles were always going to be risky project imo as a lot of his faults are very hard to fix.

We do have a lot of cloggers in the squad but it was the exact same last time we went up, we had players like Fitz Hall, Marlon Harewood, etc in the team, that's just part of having a squad big enough to do the job down here. The summer is a big question obviously and that's the only thing I'm nervous about.

Do you not think it's nerves for half that game, though?  It's not laziness for me, it's anxiety.  Actually the laziest player on the pitch, world-class or pedestrian, is Shelvey. ;)

Like Howman said earlier, the single focus for me right now (other than a slightly nervous look at Huddersfield) is keeping Rafa.  I feel like I can deal with pretty much anything if he's in for the long-haul.