Newcastle United to pick up 3 points away at Ipswich tomorrow. 15:00.

Andrew

Predict the score  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be fair the players left in were poor - especially Shelvey in the second half though he wasn't helped one iota by Diame.

I think it was the "front" two change that cost us the most for what its worth - though Atsu was abysmal as well.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair the players left in were poor - especially Shelvey in the second half though he wasn't helped one iota by Diame.

I think it was the "front" two change that cost us the most for what its worth - though Atsu was abysmal as well.

We rely entirely on the Trinity of Ritchie, Shelvey and Gayle. The only real quality we have.

If the first two are playing well the team does. If one of the three is up for it we can still get a result, but if none are available or performing we rely on the opposition rolling over.

The latter is mercifully rare.

Rafa gets some blame but when he wanted a player in January all he got was Sammy fucking Ameobi. We regularly have to play Jack walking freekick Colback, a broken Perez and a 6 foot sloth with a 2nd and 3rd touch even worse than his 1st in Diame. Murphy is a standard championship player and Mitrovic, despite fish's claims, is pretty average to be kind. Gayle is De Jong's slightly healthier brother, Lascelles might come good but I've big doubts, Dummett is a steady kid and that's about the best thing I can say about him, Anita is another who is no better than average on a good day, Darlow can pull some saves off but can drop some major bollocks, Atsu is the epitome of all fart and no shite and so on, and so forth.

So.....Rafa gets some blame, but I'd be a bit hesitant to go overboard on him considering the turnaround in players and getting some knackers to be a unit and grind 85 points out. The officials have also been a fucking joke and have cost us a good few points as well. Anyway, a win out of Preston, Cardiff or Barnsley should be enough. Two wins definitely will. It's a pity it wasn't a procession, but tbh, it still could be a procession with two games spare. I absolutely dread to think what would have happened with a donkey like McClaren in charge of the same players, tbqfh. :lol:

:lol: you massive fanny. "he's shite and he's shite and he's shite and everyone's shite"

Harsh that like.

Match

Training

Travel

Match

Rafa had to make changes.

Traveling soon after a home game is always harder than going home soon after an away game and Ipswich travelled half the distance we did over the weekend.

If he'd played the same 11 and we looked lethargic I'd wonder why he wasn't using the squad. It's not as if the likes of Mitro, Anita and Mbemba have been lavished with praise all season and demand a starting place.

I only listened to the radio so maybe not my place to comment, but Anderson sounded like a disgruntled fan throughout. Moaning that it had been this bad all season and Friday was a one off. I've found that sort of criticism OTT when I have seen the games myself though.

Since we've not lost more than 2 in a row all year, I'll not concern myself that this is any more than another temporary lapse.

No problem with bringing, say, Yedlin in for Anita or Diame for Perez. But Mitrovic and Mbemba had their best games for ages against Leeds. Neither looked particularly knackered at the end of the game, nor did they pick up knocks. So I can't work out why they were amongst the rotated players.

I agree that even though that was a shitshow, the reaction has been OTT. People talking about dropping into the Play Offs and of course if we do that, we'll not go up because we're always shit in finals etc. 

3 games left, 6pts (7 inc GD) ahead of 3rd. Reading will need 7pts from their final games and for us to pick up 0pts. 0pts from Preston who've nothing to play for, Cardiff who've nothing to play for and Barnsley who've nothing to play for. I'm convinced this performance will be a rocket up the arse of the players and Rafa. That rocket will see us get ≥5pts from the next 3 games. Especially if Clark returns to the squad.

One thing we can all agree on, @@Andrew is not allowed to ever make a match-thread again. 

:lol: you massive fanny. "he's shite and he's shite and he's shite and everyone's shite"

No problem with bringing, say, Yedlin in for Anita or Diame for Perez. But Mitrovic and Mbemba had their best games for ages against Leeds. Neither looked particularly knackered at the end of the game, nor did they pick up knocks. So I can't work out why they were amongst the rotated players.

I agree that even though that was a shitshow, the reaction has been OTT. People talking about dropping into the Play Offs and of course if we do that, we'll not go up because we're always shit in finals etc. 

3 games left, 6pts (7 inc GD) ahead of 3rd. Reading will need 7pts from their final games and for us to pick up 0pts. 0pts from Preston who've nothing to play for, Cardiff who've nothing to play for and Barnsley who've nothing to play for. I'm convinced this performance will be a rocket up the arse of the players and Rafa. That rocket will see us get ≥5pts from the next 3 games. Especially if Clark returns to the squad.

One thing we can all agree on, @@Andrew is not allowed to ever make a match-thread again. 

What did Ipswich have to play for?

I think we'll do it but its been too much of a dreary struggle to engender any enthusiasm or celebration.

Never again. Worse than HF. Deserves a week in the crèche for failing to change the mid game too. It's blatantly his fault we lost.

I think we'll do it but its been too much of a dreary struggle to engender any enthusiasm or celebration.

Bollocks, I'll be heartily celebrating when we finally confirm we're out of this god forsaken league - no matter what style we do it in.

They had nowt to play for, but we were obviously resting on our laurels. I don't think we'll do that again until promotion is secured.

I'll celebrate like lottery winner when we get out of this frustrating fucking league.

Never again. Worse than HF. Deserves a week in the crèche for failing to change the mid game too. It's blatantly his fault we lost.

Of course he'll blame others for not starting it, but he chose the title specifically to anger the football gods and refused to change it when we could all see what was coming. Staggering arrogance.

Harsh that like.

Match

Training

Travel

Match

Rafa had to make changes.

Traveling soon after a home game is always harder than going home soon after an away game and Ipswich travelled half the distance we did over the weekend.

If he'd played the same 11 and we looked lethargic I'd wonder why he wasn't using the squad. It's not as if the likes of Mitro, Anita and Mbemba have been lavished with praise all season and demand a starting place.

I only listened to the radio so maybe not my place to comment, but Anderson sounded like a disgruntled fan throughout. Moaning that it had been this bad all season and Friday was a one off. I've found that sort of criticism OTT when I have seen the games myself though.

Since we've not lost more than 2 in a row all year, I'll not concern myself that this is any more than another temporary lapse.

Isn't this the first game we've lost with Gayle not playing?

Diame as been shocking this season. Not productive enough for a number 10. 

:lol:

Sometimes I actually start believing that you guys think the title makes a difference...

:o 

You go outside, turn round three times, curse and spit. And do it tout suite!

Do it your fucking self in future then! You were all given the chance http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/36100-other-games-1617/page-58#entry1464888

I haven't started one all season. I'm not about to risk jinxing us by doing so now. But even if I did, I wouldn't create one so clearly doomed to disappointment like Andrew did. Whoever has the best win record should do start the next one, with the most offensive thread title conceivable.

Do it your fucking self in future then! You were all given the chance http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/36100-other-games-1617/page-58#entry1464888

See I've got a bad record, my jinxery is confirmed :(  

But starting a cockily titled thread... that way madness lies Andrew.

Isn't this the first game we've lost with Gayle not playing?

Gayle can't impact games he doesn't play.  In those games, Shelvey and Richie might perform as well as usual, or other players might have a rare good game.  He's in the trinity because when he does play, he's proven to be the a match winner time and again.  The team can have a lethargic off day on the whole, then lump it forward for Gayle to run on to and we run away with 3 points.  Murphy and Mitro don't have that in them at any sustained level.

I'm tempering the Rafa finger pointing by pointing out that quite a few of the players we've got aren't much cop and yet we're still looking good for promotion. :good:

Sometimes I actually start believing that you guys think the title makes a difference...

As a supposedly rational person, I legitimately won't play PES vs the team Newcastle are playing before the match.

As a supposedly rational person, I legitimately won't play PES vs the team Newcastle are playing before the match.

I clearly missed this sort of superstitious upbringing. Probably stamped down by Catholicism.