Newcastle United to pick up 3 points away at Ipswich tomorrow. 15:00.

Andrew

Predict the score  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I must say though I'm really looking forward to the inspiring message the club will put up from Yedlin, or Murphy, etc shortly about how they are "looking forward to bouncing back" and how they're "going to give it their all for promotion", before they run out and not bother their arses at all again.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa identified who he needed back in October for the January window. He gave the list to Charnley whom along with Ashley ensured we signed nobody. I tell a lie we got Sammy back off loan.

Not enough players joining the attack. Trying to get fiddly little wins and taking as few risks as possible. This has caught up with us. You only have to look at the tempo we've played at recently bar the odd game. When the ball goes wide the mf should move up 20 yards and most of the time they don't. It looks like a side that thought the league was done and dusted a few weeks ago and is struggling to get back on the train.

Yup, can only hope today's result really puts some fire in them (and Rafa) and that they really go for it over the next couple of weeks.

I hope they were seething in the dressing room and at each other's throats. I hope some of them stood up and actually showed some fucking leadership.

I really do think we'll see a reaction against Preston (even if there's unbearable pressure on the players to produce a result), but even that might not be enough as we can play well and still drop points due to defensive mistakes. If we don't go up my mind will always jump straight to the QPR and Leeds home games and how we managed to somehow let 4 point slip.

Aye that defensive performance was among the worst I've seen in years. Ipswich didn't even do anything particularly well but you could see from the start of each of the moves that it would result in a goal. 

I still think we're going up but fuck me, we're not helping ourselves, said for ages that the FCB is my biggest worry in the summer, he's already decided everything was cushty in January and a similar attitude will kill the club next window. I thought we'd at least have an enjoyable run in rather than a nervous one before Rafa v Ashley.

Aye that defensive performance was among the worst I've seen in years. Ipswich didn't even do anything particularly well but you could see from the start of each of the moves that it would result in a goal.

Lascelles needs to be dropped, it's like watching a Titus Bramble tribute act. I hope to fuck that Clark is back for the Preston match.

Why bring Ashley into this, we had a good first-half season and more with the players we've got. Ashley has got nothing to do with the way we are losing and dropping unnecessary points. We would have beaten Leeds had it not been for a poor defensive mistake which cost us 2 points.

Blame Ashley all you want for being a tight-arsed dick-head, but don't hold him responsible for piss-poor performances, and losing points we should be getting.

I've got this awful sinking feeling that if we don't start getting points in our last 3 games, Huddersfield will leapfrog us into 2nd place and we'll be faced with the play-offs which might spell a death note for us.

We had a massive goal difference over everyone and look at us now, tied at 37 with Brighton. Not Ashley's fault, we've had multiple  chances galore  but we haven't put them in.

Lascelles needs to be dropped, it's like watching a Titus Bramble tribute act. I hope to fuck that Clark is back for the Preston match.

Agree fully, the bloke just makes clanger after clanger and has all season. I'm not sure what he has done to be undroppable, anytime the ball is in the box and he's defending he just sticks his hands up and starts putting his toe in absolutely terrified of conceding a pen, no confidence in his own ability and no defensive instinct or timing. Clark has been head and shoulders above everything else at CB this season as you say, really hope he's back.

Bramble >>> Lascelles for me.

Bramble could look dominant for 89 minutes before the inevitable.  Lascelles looks pretty pedestrian before the inevitable.

Why bring Ashley into this, we had a good first-half season and more with the players we've got. Ashley has got nothing to do with the way we are losing and dropping unnecessary points. We would have beaten Leeds had it not been for a poor defensive mistake which cost us 2 points.

Blame Ashley all you want for being a tight-arsed dick-head, but don't hold him responsible for piss-poor performances, and losing points we should be getting.

I've got this awful sinking feeling that if we don't start getting points in our last 3 games, Huddersfield will leapfrog us into 2nd place and we'll be faced with the play-offs which might spell a death note for us.

We had a massive goal difference over everyone and look at us now, tied at 37 with Brighton. Not Ashley's fault, we've had multiple  chances galore  but we haven't put them in.

You've already answered it though. Those defensive frailties were there before January, they're not a shock. We were stopped from bolstering the defence and it is now costing us as our only good defender has been injured. Same with the attack, we were winning games but we could have always done with more creative talent as we were relying on Shelvey and Ritchie, Rafa attempted to bring in Townsend to alleviate that but was blocked, Shelvey had to serve his ban which we all knew he was going to have to do and we were left with a stretch depending on Ritchie to do it all with Hayden and Colback as the CMs.

Not sure why you're wanting to spare Ashley any of the blame here like, you can still have a pop at Rafa and blame Ashley at the same time. 

You've already answered it though. Those defensive frailties were there before January, they're not a shock. We were stopped from bolstering the defence and it is now costing us as our only good defender has been injured. Same with the attack, we were winning games but we could have always done with more creative talent as we were relying on Shelvey and Ritchie, Rafa attempted to bring in Townsend to alleviate that but was blocked, Shelvey had to serve his ban which we all knew he was going to have to do and we were left with a stretch depending on Ritchie to do it all with Hayden and Colback as the CMs.

Not sure why you're wanting to spare Ashley any of the blame here like, you can still have a pop at Rafa and blame Ashley at the same time.

Can't remember any defenders being linked in January.

A midfielder would have made a big difference as would Townsend but as Noelie says, it's tactics, performances and in my opinion too much rotation that's cost us. That game at home again Blackburn where he made six changes and today's shitshow being the pick of the bunch.

Can't remember any defenders being linked in January.

A midfielder would have made a big difference as would Townsend but as Noelie says, it's tactics, performances and in my opinion too much rotation that's cost us. That game at home again Blackburn where he made six changes and today's shitshow being the pick of the bunch.

I know we didn't really see any linked but I don't doubt some were being targeted. Those things have cost us aye but as I say some of the blame always lies at fat boys door, if he had allowed Rafa to spend people like me wouldn't have been watching Derby v Huddersfield, I blame all of them for me watching that horror show of a football match and all includes Ashley. I do agree that Rafa deserves pelters for today, the same as he deserved credit for big wins over Huddersfield and Brighton etc.

Wait just a second...we have 3 games left, right? ESPN is showing us and everyone else with 2 games left. (except for Huddersfield with 3 left)

Aye we've played 43 out of 46, Hudds have played 42. Is it adding a game to those? It must have mixed up when they were updating it.

Aye we've played 43 out of 46, Hudds have played 42. Is it adding a game to those? It must have mixed up when they were updating it.

Nope it has today's games included. They show two games remaining versus Preston April 24th, and last game against Cardiff Friday, April 28th. :wacko:

I let it go for a while there's reasons id rather it didn't happen so its not

Shared hosting or worried about scaring the VCs away. :razz:

It wasn't supposed to be like this. We're limping over the finish line: I hate that phrase but it's true, and we should be sprinting, ahead of anyone else, but Brighton have beaten us to it. No matter, promotion is far more important but the fact the some are contemplating/getting nervous about whether we get promoted is an absolute sham.

The players haven't been performing since Huddersfield away, Leeds aside. Whether that is due to something going on behind the scenes, Rafa's goose being cooked re: his future, players getting complacent, I don't know.

The squad is on the bones of its arse, though. January was the opportunity to address this issue, it was blatant it was needed at the turn of the year that some new blood was required​ to guarantee promotion, but instead the fuckknuckles in charge though they knew better, and could've been costly if not for Derby's goal a while ago.