2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Problem is there's a disconnect with the past when people were members of unions so sort of knew who would look after them. Not knowing history or having that association makes it easier to be influenced by the sun and the mail and sadly the BBC and think things are okay at best or think things can't really get better.

Edited by NJS

If you took patriotism out of it, I wonder what the landscape would look like. I'm just struggling to think of any actual positives the Tories are even offering these people, and maybe that's literally the only one.

I think Brexit has been a facilitator in people switching to the Tories. Almost like an excuse for doing the unthinkable. May being a lot more relatable than most of their past leaders also helps.

It's Corbyn iyam.

My mother doesn't read any newspapers.

She's basically housebound. On disability, jumping through hoops to get signed off a year from retirement age.

Since the Tories got in she's lost the home she owned, built debts she can't pay and complains bitterly about the wait for her hospital appointments and the lack of diagnosis and treatment and home care she gets.

I asked who she was planning on voting for at the weekend.

Tory.

I can't get my head around it. I Asked what she was thinking, she said she like May because she's a woman and will be a calmer head when Donald Trump wants to start wars.

Unfuckingbeleivable. Corbyn can't even win the pacifist vote.

I might be different as I was brought up properly (imo) but as a relatively old cunt I find it surprising how people only ten or fifteen years older than me can seem so alien and almost like my parents generation. These would be people who were kids in the 60s and young adults in the 70s - how they ended up as such narrow minded people is beyond me.

Aye, even my mam who's basically the most artsy liberal person going (and has that background you allude to - she even moved from small-town Sweden to London in the mid-60s for the sex and drugs and rock 'n' roll of it) quite likes May because she gives the impression of having a calm head and knowing what she's doing, apparently. She'll not vote for her (I assume) but any of the arguments against her are too intricate for her to want to bother with.

Corbyn can't even win the pacifist vote.

That's about the height of it. :lol::jesuswept:

Sorry to hear about your mother's troubles, @@Happy Face. :(  That's shocking though (or is it really anymore?).

Was talking to my brother about turkeys voting for Christmas recently, and he said the more charity work he does for people in need, the less inclined he is to help them.

And he's more empathic than most.

71% of people back his minimum wage policy :lol:

I bet when it comes down to it, hardly any of those people actually vote Labour. The rest will conclude that leaving the EU will do more for their financial wellbeing than a literal payrise.

There's a good chunk of the population that would rather earn less in real terms than hear a foreign language being spoken when they're out in public. DAS IST DIE WAHRHEIT.

:jesuswept:

This country is fucked, how can so many people be so easily manipulated into thinking the tories wil be in anyway a good thing? absolute insanity.

Because 80% of the media in this country is owned by 5 billionaires

May is absolutely fucking useless. It's why she's not allowed out to talk to the general public.

Aye, the way that she is being protected from any open questioning or scrutiny is ridiculous. If any of the media had a backbone they'd entirely refuse to cover any of these pep rallies that she's doing around the country.