2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

'Normally we only allow one question'

tumblr_inline_nbp4x7EXSf1s5jo86.gif

She was being serious then tried to play it off as banter when she got a "weeeyyyy". Her smug face afterwards deserves a smack with a spade 

I see the right-wing rags are, as expected, stepping up their campaign to steal the election just like they stole the EU referendum. Who wouldn't be proud to be British? :lol:

Him wanting her to be straight with people, after talking so  much bollocks during the EU referendum. Prick. 

Edited by Bizza

7 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I see the right-wing rags are, as expected, stepping up their campaign to steal the election just like they stole the EU referendum. Who wouldn't be proud to be British? :lol:

Its basically state manipulation of the press. And the enquiry set up to hold the press to task is being whitewashed in return for the favour 

The irony is the Mail and Sun headlines are sensational bullshit but a large chunk of people will lap it up. The Suns headline basically says Corbyn did a public speech years ago and some undesirables turned up :lol:

51 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Its basically state manipulation of the press. And the enquiry set up to hold the press to task is being whitewashed in return for the favour 

The irony is the Mail and Sun headlines are sensational bullshit but a large chunk of people will lap it up. The Suns headline basically says Corbyn did a public speech years ago and some undesirables turned up :lol:

Tory voter on my Facebook has been posting shite about Corbyn for weeks, just this morning he's posted about a Palestine rally Corbyn spoke at years ago where alleged terrorists attended. 

It's not though. In the UK certain parts of the press influence and control government policy. It's not that the government are telling the press what to print. 

Just now, ewerk said:

It's not though. In the UK certain parts of the press influence and control government policy. It's not that the government are telling the press what to print. 

Its a mutually beneficial arrangement in the same way it happens in the states with billionaire backers of presidential campaigns. May invited Dacre to a private dinner. I've no doubt that May and her spin team have had discussions with Dacre and Murdoch about derailing the Labour resurgence. 

Youre being a pedant

I'm not being a pedant at all. I'm stating the opposite to what you are. The North Korean media aren't in a mutually beneficial arrangement with the state, they're entirely controlled by it. Nothing like the UK.

You said that the state manipulated the press and I'm saying that's not true. That's not being pedantic, it's disagreeing entirely.

Edited by ewerk

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not being a pedant at all. I'm stating the opposite to what you are. The North Korean media aren't in a mutually beneficial arrangement with the state, they're entirely controlled by it. Nothing like the UK.

You said that the state manipulated the press and I'm saying that's not true. That's not being pedantic, it's disagreeing entirely.

Im prone to exaggeration 

I'm glad we could meet in the middle and agree that it's a mutually beneficial arrangement though. 

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Steady now, that sounds like an allusion to the MSM. Not a popular concept in these parts ;)

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You know what I mean, it's the same shit that happens in North Korea and Russia

Howay man, no it isn't :lol:

In the UK the government just send the police around to smash up journalists laptops.

It's not state dictated reporting, but there's valid  reasons we're falling down the press freedom table.

• Like 1