2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I hate to say it mate, but the same trend that will put paid to Dacre will effect the press on the whole - and indeed is doing so. Even the left wing outlets like the Guardian are struggling now. So yes, it's good for breaking the strangehold that the media have of information, and it may finally smite the Heil, but we'll lose some decent sources along the way too.

Social media will create more problems than it solves. 

Just now, Renton said:

Social media will create more problems than it solves. 

Aye but it's done now. One thing that consistently infuriates me is facebook's stupid fucking algorithm that prevents you from seeing dissenting politics posts in your news feed or even on other people's profiles. Prevents discussion, review, any form of conversation. Similarly, when I post things, I'm just hurling them into an echo chamber of people who facebook thinks will agree with me.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Farage is becoming something of a cult hero to the Alt-Right, which I find fascinating because the guy is an intellectual pygmy (which is important to the Alt-Right because they consider themselves to be hyper-rational, free thinkers. Like Wolfy).

So yes, he's going to come back and, I expect, paint himself as some sort of Trump figure.

Yeah but he smokes tabs and drinks so he's mint

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Farage is becoming something of a cult hero to the Alt-Right, which I find fascinating because the guy is an intellectual pygmy (which is important to the Alt-Right because they consider themselves to be hyper-rational, free thinkers. Like Wolfy).

So yes, he's going to come back and, I expect, paint himself as some sort of Trump figure.

I think he does alright in face to face interviews personally. I don't recognise that description of "Alt-right" either. The problem with Farage is he's a lying racist cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think he does alright in face to face interviews personally. I don't recognise that description of "Alt-right" either. The problem with Farage is he's a lying racist cunt. 

What do you mean the description of Alt-Right? I'm not sure Farage identifies as such, although if he had any savvy, he probably would do. The Alt-Right themselves definitely see themselves intellectuals. Believe it or not.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The DUP now saying they haven't agreed to anything :lol: What the fuck is going on Theresa?

Has the cunt lied to the Queen? 

To the tower it is. 

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The DUP now saying they haven't agreed to anything :lol: What the fuck is going on Theresa?

They are "supporting a minority conservative government" apparently.

Mays even fucking this up terribly.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Highlights how badly Milliband did as well. Don't mean that as a dig at Corbyn though.

It does, I agree - the increase is only relevant in context to the person who came before.

I dunno, I'm wondering if this is all normal as the press don't appear to be making a huge fuss about it. Maybe it's just the way she's wording things that's making it look as though she's rushed in to form a government without actually talking about it...

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I dunno, I'm wondering if this is all normal as the press don't appear to be making a huge fuss about it. Maybe it's just the way she's wording things that's making it look as though she's rushed in to form a government without actually talking about it...

I wonder if anyone outside of the DUP and upper conservative party even knows what the fuck is happening to be honest.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I wonder if anyone outside of the DUP and upper conservative party even knows what the fuck is happening to be honest.

I'm not especially convinced that  May has much of a clue.

The DUP have made a statement saying that there's been a preliminary discussion and that an agreement will be reached later, so that sounds as if they're heading the right way, but surely May would need to have done all of this before getting the Queen's permission to proceed? I'm sure that's how it's meant to work. I do actually think she has done this ass backwards.

Worth reading this chap's assessment of the early days of the Brexit negotiations - he's the Brexit correspondent for the Guardian - read the chain: