2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

To sum up,

The Tory party is at the fag end of talent. They have no one to match Corbyns campaign persona and Boris I think, while jovial, has worn thin with most voters. That won't stop all the plotting for her job which in turn will spread a cancer of deceit and desperation within the party.

In the coming weeks May will be bent over a desk in Brussels and sent on her way home with laughter ringing in her ears. At the same time she will be humiliated at PMQ's, destroyed in the press and no doubt subject to very harmful finger pointing from the fallout of the terror attacks. Police federations, NHS staff, etc will all raise the volume of descent and the Tories will go into panic mode.

She'll get the heave ho in less than 3 weeks and the fag ends will spend several indulgent weeks selecting a new leader. This won't change anything, the EU will play hardball (blaming the Tories) and a general election will be called.

Corbyn will this time romp home. Given the rise of the youth and the a lot of leave voters appeased by the money tree, It would not surprise me to see Labour going into that election offering to reverse Brexit.

Labour will then bankrupt the country and we'll be back to austerity. ;)

Might just be tiredness, but I'm finding it difficult to really become enthused about all of this in the end. The Tories will hang on with everything they've got in my opinion, and May certainly won't be around if they go back to the electorate again. Labour need to start working immediately on improving their campaigning and setting things in motion to capture the necessary votes to throw them back next time. Personally, I would target Scotland.

There is just no way the Tories will go back to the electorate against a resurgent Corbyn. They have far, far too much to lose. It's not a standard Labour party they're facing with Corbyn.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

There is just no way the Tories will go back to the electorate against a resurgent Corbyn. They have far, far too much to lose. It's not a standard Labour party they're facing with Corbyn.

They won't have a choice. They still don't have a mandate or much of a working majority. And we're looking a second unelected leader year in 18 months who will also struggle with a lack of legitimacy.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

They won't have a choice. They still don't have a mandate or much of a working majority. And we're looking a second unelected leader year in 18 months who will also struggle with a lack of legitimacy.

Man I hope you're right.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Nice piece on the fall of dacre

https://www.byline.com/column/68/article/1721

one of the best things to come out of this was how young people were galvanised and hopefully that means the end of the mail editor thinking he's running the country 

I hate to say it mate, but the same trend that will put paid to Dacre will effect the press on the whole - and indeed is doing so. Even the left wing outlets like the Guardian are struggling now. So yes, it's good for breaking the strangehold that the media have of information, and it may finally smite the Heil, but we'll lose some decent sources along the way too.

Just now, Rayvin said:

I hate to say it mate, but the same trend that will put paid to Dacre will effect the press on the whole - and indeed is doing so. Even the left wing outlets like the Guardian are struggling now. So yes, it's good for breaking the strangehold that the media have of information, and it may finally smite the Heil, but we'll lose some decent sources along the way too.

You don't need to tell me I work in a dying industry :lol:

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

You don't need to tell me I work in a dying industry :lol:

I mean, frankly, we're all working in dying industries. That's one of the great challenges of the modern age :D

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean, frankly, we're all working in dying industries. That's one of the great challenges of the modern age :D

If my industry dies, we are all fucked!

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

That arsehole Farage will be banging on and on about Brexit even more now

Farage is becoming something of a cult hero to the Alt-Right, which I find fascinating because the guy is an intellectual pygmy (which is important to the Alt-Right because they consider themselves to be hyper-rational, free thinkers. Like Wolfy).

So yes, he's going to come back and, I expect, paint himself as some sort of Trump figure.

Edited by Rayvin