Jump to content
Anorthernsoul

The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

 

Literally only have Hayden as back up in that position 

 

Colback :lol:

 

 

To be fair Ki is a tidy player, likes to move the ball around and keep possession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Underwhelmed but it’s what we’ve come to expect. Hopefully he exceeds expectations and is s solid signing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

Colback :lol:

 

 

To be fair Ki is a tidy player, likes to move the ball around and keep possession.

 

Not better than Diame, no way! <_<

 

Anyway, we should be moving hard for a striker as soon as possible instead of midfielders or defenders, or we'll end up with another Joselu-type signing late in the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:


we'll end up with another Joselu-type signing late in the window.

 

Streamlined your post

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ant said:

 

 he's an ok cm, not brilliant at anything but solid enough being a pain/breaking up play

Interesting, I guess other than Diame we don’t really have anyone that’s a bit more defensive. I may be being harsh on Hayden but I’ve written him off at this level tbh. 

 

Also, has the kit Ki is pictured in been actually unveiled yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like this one bit.  It's the same formula we have followed since signing Jack Colback.  The club is at best moving sideways not forwards.  

 

We must move forward not backward.  Upward not forward.  And always twirling, twirling, twirling

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ewerk said:

When’s he due to do his national service?

I was thinking similar, when they were talking about Son’s they said it’s 21 months before 28 and Ki is 29, maybe he has an exemption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money's on it starting next week and Charnley not doing his due diligence.  

Edited by adios
didn't do my due diligence on this fucking post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Currently ALL South Korean men are required to serve two years in the military between the ages of 19 and 35. 

So he may already be done with it or can put it off for longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

I don't like this one bit.  It's the same formula we have followed since signing Jack Colback.  The club is at best moving sideways not forwards.  

 

We must move forward not backward.  Upward not forward.  And always twirling, twirling, twirling

 

Last season we finished 10th in the premier league, the season before we were a league lower.  We have actually moved forward.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he's a got a decent pass on him and he's hard working, looks a Rafa sort of player really he's probably more a replacement for Merino more than anything else 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 247 said:

Looks like he's a got a decent pass on him and he's hard working, looks a Rafa sort of player really he's probably more a replacement for Merino more than anything else 

Hard working..yes

Good enough better than merino..no

cheap..yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Last season we finished 10th in the premier league, the season before we were a league lower.  We have actually moved forward.

 

 

TD, I'll let MA's record over his tenure support my concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LooneyToony said:

 

TD, I'll let MA's record over his tenure support my concern.

Your concern is of course correct.

But the last few years under Rafa we have actually moved forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Hard working..yes

Good enough better than merino..no

cheap..yes

merino was good for a couple of months early in season but after being out he looked shaky to me. Giving ball away, knocked over easy.. maybe Rafa thought the PL was too much of a step for him? seemsas if the Bundesliga was too or he’d still be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zerosum said:

merino was good for a couple of months early in season but after being out he looked shaky to me. Giving ball away, knocked over easy.. maybe Rafa thought the PL was too much of a step for him? seemsas if the Bundesliga was too or he’d still be there.

he looked a class act for me, i think his injuries have cost him his future here. Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Howay said:

I was thinking similar, when they were talking about Son’s they said it’s 21 months before 28 and Ki is 29, maybe he has an exemption?

Turns out he did get a kind of exemption. He only had to do four weeks after winning bronze in the 2012 Olympics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Howay said:

Interesting, I guess other than Diame we don’t really have anyone that’s a bit more defensive. I may be being harsh on Hayden but I’ve written him off at this level tbh. 

 

Also, has the kit Ki is pictured in been actually unveiled yet? 

Completely agree regarding Hayden btw. Seems a lovely kid etc but I inwardly groan when he comes off the bench or starts. Definitely not PL level from his time here so far. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt Toon shirts will sell in there millions now in Korea. Free transfer + millions of tops sold in Korea it's double bubble for Ashley.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trooper said:

No doubt Toon shirts will sell in there millions now in Korea. Free transfer + millions of tops sold in Korea it's double bubble for Ashley.

:lol:

 

You'll be lucky if they sell in their hundreds, man troops. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×