The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

I understand Ashley's been away, but what the hell have Rafa and Charnley's conversations been like?! Do we mean to say that Charnley is so out of the loop that he can't even get basic essential information out of the owner?

I get that we're waiting on Premier League money to come in, but the nonsense about breaking our wage structure is what I can't understand. If it's a six month loan for, say, Daniel Sturridge, surely here's what happens: say he's here for 16 weeks til the end of the season, we pay £120k per week x 16 = £1.92m. It's paid in 16 installments, it's not a massive amount, and it could keep us in the Premier League. Just can't get my head around that.

I don't know why you're all torturing yourselves :lol:

If we bring anyone in, treat it as a mildly diverting surprise. But I personally don't expect anything to happen. If that is the case then whether Rafa can be arsed to try to keep us up after January 31st am not too sure...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's a wank excuse by Ashley and Co that he's on holiday. It's 2018 Ffs. He's got mobiles and laptops and people in place to support him

yeahbtheres skype video link conferences electronic signatures there's no excuse

Rafa will probably manage to get two from a GK/Target man/#10 on a shoestring and just about survive.

He's too honourable to walk pre-Summer regardless but will be gone if no takeover materialises by then, I'm almost certain.

Nah, he and us are being strung along by Charnley. As I said in the week  "Rafa doesn't know his transfer budget " is code for "it doesn't exist". If someone was knowingly taking the piss out if me that much at work I'd jack. Same as when KK left. Rafa appears to be a bit more tolerant and less emotional than Keegan but he's about to be shafted in precisely the same way. 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Nah, he and us are being strung along by Charnley. As I said in the week  "Rafa doesn't know his transfer budget " is code for "it doesn't exist". If someone was knowingly taking the piss out if me that much at work I'd jack. Same as when KK left. Rafa appears to be a bit more tolerant and less emotional than Keegan but he's about to be shafted in precisely the same way. 

You don't even think he'll get a striker in on loan?

That's bleaker than anything I've heard thus far. :lol: 

Rafa's being made to look silly at the pressers now. He knows he'll be asked about the budget &  for new playersI believe he's being totally honest when he says "i dontvknow what the budget is" It's Ashley's payback for Rafa calling him out. i.e. the 15th & 20th deadlines. 

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I presume he knows all this but is banking on a takeover between now and summer to give him a chance to take the club forward.

if he gets an owner that matches up to his ambition in that time he’ll be well justified in sticking out this one last crap transfer window.

45 minutes ago, adios said:

You don't even think he'll get a striker in on loan?

That's bleaker than anything I've heard thus far. :lol: 

Theres literally been nothing that gives me any sense that we''re even prepared to do that this month

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ll worry about it on 1st February.

Strange thing is am not that worried. A relegation this season hurts Ashley a lot more than it hurts the supporters. There's a buyer out there with a fair offer on the table. That offer disappears if we're relegated. Another gamble, another possible loss of millions of pounds, for MASH Holdimgs Ltd and Newcastle United FC. Not me. The supporters don't get to "enjoy" the visits of Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Big fuckin deal. The rest, as we're proving this season, isn't much different to the top of the championship. Loss of prestige? and this is basically the key to all of the above,  for the third time in a decade am becoming immune to it. 

I'm already i'm prepared for the worse case scenario as long as it involves Ashley losing lots of money. I cant think of anything positive he's done for the club since he bought it.I look forward to the day he sods off the fat slug.

Edited by trooper

The starting XI yesterday included XI players from the squad that started last season in the championship. Our new striker cost 1/3 of Britt Assonbalonga. We are literally trying to stay in the premier league with a championship squad 

43 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The starting XI yesterday included XI players from the squad that started last season in the championship. Our new striker cost 1/3 of Britt Assonbalonga. We are literally trying to stay in the premier league with a championship squad 

It'll be one of Rafa’s finest achievements as manager, keeping a squad as poor on quality as ours is in the premier league. 

7 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Linked with Roma defender Emerson Palmieri on loan, can't see us getting him tbh. But it would be nice.

Pepe Reina also been linked again.

Mr Smith linked with, looking at, thinking about, very close. All phrases you should watch for this window.

5 hours ago, trooper said:

yeahbtheres skype video link conferences electronic signatures there's no excuse

"You can reach me by railway
You can reach me by trail-way
You can reach me on an airplane
You can reach me with your mind
You can reach me by caravan
Cross the desert like an Arab man
I don't care how you get here,

Cos you're still getting fuck all to spend.

You can reach me by sailboat
Climb a tree and swing rope to rope
Take a sled and slide down slow, into these arms of mine
You can jump on a speedy colt
Cross the border in a blaze of hope
I don't care how you get here,

Cos you're still getting fuck all to spend"

I'm told from reliable sources this is the answer phone message on Mike Ashley's phone whilst he's up to his eyes in pina coladas and all inclusive scran.

• Haha 1

Rafa Benitez has revealed that Newcastle United are not close to signing anyone during the transfer window and will have to get the best out of the players he currently has.o

The Spaniard was speaking after the Magpies’ 1-1 draw with Swansea City at St. James’ Park on Saturday 

We are no closer to signing anyone,” he told the Daily Mirror.

“So we must look at the players who are here and who are playing.”

Edited by trooper