The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

three things were different then:

1 we weren't in a relegation battle

2 carroll wasn't sold to a relegation rival

3 ashley wasn't in the middle of a takeover, with PL survival crucial to the money he'd receive 

k

Those 3 things wont make any difference to Ashley if he smells the money & sticks it to Rafa its double bubble for him the mans a cnut he'll never change

Edited by trooper

19 minutes ago, trooper said:

Those 3 things wont make any difference to Ashley if he smells the money & sticks it to Rafa its double bubble for him the mans a cnut he'll never change

Of course those things will be factored in by Ashley. I fucking hate the bloke but our position in the league etc. will be taken into consideration

Charnleys been on the phone to Ashley ...

LC "Your royal highness sir West Ham want to buy Shelvey"

MA "What does the spanish bloke want to do"

LC "Keep him your majesty"

MA "Well sell the fucker as quick as you can use the helicopter"

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Troops is absolutely convinced that Ashley is trying to force Rafa out here :lol:

Ashley didnt back him last January. Lied to Rafa in the summer ( "he knows what he told me") allowing him to spend only £11+ million. We are now lead to believe Rafa has no budget this window he has to sell to buy. The clubs in a relegation fight & you wonder why i think Ashley's trying to get rid of Rafa. The bloke wants 4 new players he ideally wants them in 5 days time yet there's nobody even knocking on the door. 

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Ashley didnt back him last January. Lied to Rafa in the summer ( "he knows what he told me") allowing him to spend only £11+ million. We are now lead to believe Rafa has no budget this window he has to sell to buy. The clubs in a relegation fight & you wonder why i think Ashley's trying to get rid of Rafa. The bloke wants 4 new players he ideally wants them in 5 days time yet there's nobody even knocking on the door. 

we all agree ashley is a cunt, but why would he want rid of the manager, who has a better shot of keeping us up compared with any other manager, which in turn would ensure ashley gets as close to his asking price as possible? 

i fully expect ashley to give rafa next to nowt to spend, and if the takeover doesn't happen, rafa would probably walk in the summer. i just don't get why you think rafa would walk now, or why ashley would try to force him out. rafa is too honourable a man to walk away mid-season, and it isn't in ashley's interests for him to go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't think that's him wanting rid of the guy, I think that's just him doing it his way without any compromise. 

He's underminingbthe guy promising him things then not fullfilling those promises. Rafa's doing what he can with what he's got but it's not enough. Ashleys taking a lot of risks here

1.) Rafa could walk

2.) Rafa walks Stavely will walk away

3.) We could be relegated thus devaluing the club

IAfter over 10 years i still dont understand Ashley's man childishness

I hear you, troops.  I think he's just a simpleton; he got lucky doing business one way and will never learn after that positive reinforcement of his methods.

He does have a thought process, and it's not malicious particularly, it's just very simple penny-pinching.

The only positive thing I could say about him is I don't think he really wants to take profit out of the club (right now).

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we all agree ashley is a cunt, but why would he want rid of the manager, who has a better shot of keeping us up compared with any other manager, which in turn would ensure ashley gets as close to his asking price as possible? 

i fully expect ashley to give rafa next to nowt to spend, and if the takeover doesn't happen, rafa would probably walk in the summer. i just don't get why you think rafa would walk now, or why ashley would try to force him out. rafa is too honourable a man to walk away mid-season, and it isn't in ashley's interests for him to go. 

I agree Rafa's a very honourable man but Ashley's undermining Rafa's good honour. He did the same with Keegan. Sacked Hughton for dareing to ask about the players bonuses. Blanked Shearer cokpletley. All good men the same as Rafa who only wanted the best forvthe club & the fans all gone & i honestly think Rafa will go the same way. He'll be seething about this window.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yes, he's been a cunt in the past, no doubt, but there isn't a coherent argument to make for ashley forcing rafa out, given our current situation. 

Well why isnt he backing him in the transfer windows then ?

34 minutes ago, trooper said:

Well why isnt he backing him in the transfer windows then ?

for the same reason he didn't in the summer. he wants to spend as little as he can get away with. we know he is a gambler by nature, and he might be gambling on rafa's coaching skills, and a few bargain basement buys, to ensure survival - and the sale of the club. high stakes when you think it could jeopardise the sale, but that's ashley. i don't think he's deliberately trying to force rafa out. 

Not a very good anology i know but.The club is like a car thats just got through añ MOT with loads of advisorys. You either spend if you want it through an MOT or risk it failing then you have something thats worth only scrap value 

• Jaysus... 1

7 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Can you not get a car that's failed it's mot repaired and re tested?  I know you said that it wasn't a good analogy but that really is awful :D

You can if you spend money on it :razz:

They are but it doesn't work so well. Actually it's graphite and clay (I think) which is how you get the different types (i.e. 2B is soft, 2H is hard, etc.) for drawing different shades. More clay = harder the 'lead'. Fascinating stuff, I know.