Newcastle United vs Spurs 13/08/2017

Final Score  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Noelie said:

Shelvey should be tied to a lamppost and all the male neighbourhood dogs invited to cock their legs and piss on him.

A bit sexist there Noelie. Tut tut.

Aye I saw a fair amount of positives today. This one was always going to be an uphill battle but I thought our lot did well at the back and thought it was somewhat even until Shelvey decided to be a total fucking bellend. Their first goal was quality, we can blame the defenders for missing Alli but his movement was class in the build up. I was really hoping we'd get a goal when our lot had that spell just for the confidence if anything, Merino looked a touch of class in his 20 minutes and the rest of the side seemed to play with a bit more expansive play after he came on which was good to see.

Manquillo had a good game which was nice to see, Lejeune looks like a player so hopefully he's not badly hurt. It'd be class if this Merino lad had a quality 3 games in dickheads absence so we don't have to depend on Shelvey anymore, he's proven he'll never fucking learn today and the worst bit was Alli had barely even done anything other than petulantly kick the ball away, if that's all it takes then we're fucked :lol:.  

Oh aye, also Atsu had a good game. No idea how Kyle Walker #2 was given man of the match, he was lucky offside was given against Gayle as he gave away a stone wall pen, he looked weak as piss all match as Atsu manhandled him. The lad might be decent but I thought Eriksen and Alli were head and shoulders above the rest today.

Edited by Howay

1 minute ago, Noelie said:

Shelvey should be tied to a lamppost and all the male neighbourhood dogs invited to cock their legs and piss on him.

Why just neighborhood dogs? With the donger you've got I'm sure you can pee on him for days.

9 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

In spite of the injuries and the red card, there have been some positives.

We've looked fairly solidand Atsu looks like he is continuing where he left off at the back end of last season.

Also, if we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot in the most Newcastle of manners, we might as well do it against a team (who have arguably been the best team in the league over the the past two seasons) we wouldn't really have expected to get anything against in the first place.

Appreciate the positivity in that. In the same vein this may give Merino a chance to impress.

After all that I'm most disappointed that Lejeune is injured. Hopefully it wasn't a bad one.

Far point from Souness on Manquillo, switching off for the two goals. Maybe that is why Benitez shifted him to right wing after. 

Who would have though that a lad, who couldn't get in one of the worst teams in Premier League history, would prove to be a bit of a liability.

He looked decent going forward though.

7 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Why just neighborhood dogs? With the donger you've got I'm sure you can pee on him for days.

Aye, but a bit of a stretch from California Looney Toony.

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

Their first goal was quality, we can blame the defenders for missing Alli but his movement was class in the build up.

Yep, the way he moved towards Lascelles then changed his angle to run goalside of Manquillo hitting full speed as he did was exceptional. Absolutely no chance for Manquillo to react. To top it off he finished like a world class striker. Takes having confidence in not only your own ability but also that of your team to makr a run like that with such conviction. Despite a relatively poor game that was the moment when Tottenham's class shone through.

Atsu was ironically head and shoulders above the rest of our outfield players today, outstanding effort.

8 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Not really OTF, female dogs are not known to cock their legs to pee at a lamppost

I'll let you off on a technicality this time you wily fox, but let it be known that I'm watching you.

6 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Far point from Souness on Manquillo, switching off for the two goals. Maybe that is why Benitez shifted him to right wing after. 

Who would have though that a lad, who couldn't get in one of the worst teams in Premier League history, would prove to be a bit of a liability.

Rafa will sort him out defensively

4 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Far point from Souness on Manquillo, switching off for the two goals.

Harsh I reckon. Alli's run was class and for the second their fullback basically kicked it off their forwards foot, very hard to defend against that.

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Yep, the way he moved towards Lascelles then changed his angle to run goalside of Manquillo hitting full speed as he did was exceptional. Absolutely no chance for Manquillo to react. To top it off he finished like a world class striker. Takes having confidence in not only your own ability but also that of your team to makr a run like that with such conviction. Despite a relatively poor game that was the moment when Tottenham's class shone through.

Atsu was ironically head and shoulders above the rest of our outfield players today, outstanding effort.

Agreed, I'm also happier to place more blame on Shelvey than the defenders as that pass would have been harder to make if there was another Newcastle player helping in the area of the pitch it came from...

41 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

The first was more down to Lascelles dropping 5 yards deeper by himself than holding the line with the other 3 defenders.

before the kick off i had this down as 0-3 but at half time i thought we just might get something out of this. Then 2 minutes into the 2nd half Shelvey pulls that stunt we already had 2 enforced subs. He could now miss between 3 & 5 games depending on how the FA see fit. It's Shelvey's fault we lost today because before the red card we were doing well it completley changed the game.It's a big game next week away to Huddersfield now.

It looked like he was struggling to put any weight on it before he went off down the tunnel. 

Its frustrating that Kane will face no punishment for what was a terrible and malicious tackle. It's going to be a massive blow if Lejeune has broke his foot. 

I expected DeJong to get some playing time but he wasn't even on the bench; is he hurt again?

Manquillo looked decent, in fact in the last 15 minutes he looked very good, got forward and put some good balls in.

Atsu looked good throughout the game.

Last 15 minutes our 10 men played some good stuff and had their keeper work a bit.

First 45 were a bit disappointing I thought, I had hoped we would have looked better than we did.