Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

It's a family curse, on top of an absolutely insane set of work circumstances at the minute. My wake up time actually started with a 3 today. 😭 

There's a high price to be paid for having such a creative, sexy, super active mind. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's a family curse, on top of an absolutely insane set of work circumstances at the minute. My wake up time actually started with a 3 today. 😭 

There's a high price to be paid for having such a creative, sexy, super active mind. 

I had work problem at other end of the clock, with damned yanks, no respect for time difference, they have learned though, after 11:00 am Texas time if they call/text me they will either be blanked (ladies) or told to fuck off (blokes).

Meetings scheduled approaching similar times receive similar rebuffs.

• Like 1

Yanks are relentless about work. Career is everything to them, they need to get a grip. 

We've got a dev team working in India. There's not really pressure coming from them cos they're working for us, but when you know that if you answer an email at 5am, the work will be done by 9am, there's this temptation to check in on emails early doors. 

The waking up early thing for me is just an accepted curse though. Maybe twice a year I wake up at a time that starts with a 6 and consider it a lie-in. The rest of the time it's 4 something or 5 something with the odd very unwelcome 3 something chucked in. It's the purest of bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Yanks are relentless about work. Career is everything to them, they need to get a grip. 

We've got a dev team working in India. There's not really pressure coming from them cos they're working for us, but when you know that if you answer an email at 5am, the work will be done by 9am, there's this temptation to check in on emails early doors. 

The waking up early thing for me is just an accepted curse though. Maybe twice a year I wake up at a time that starts with a 6 and consider it a lie-in. The rest of the time it's 4 something or 5 something with the odd very unwelcome 3 something chucked in. It's the purest of bullshit. 

Aye Yanks I work with have Indian sub contractors, those poor bastards are permanently online/working, it's madness. 

When I first joined and was taking my first summer holiday, was talking to my new yank boss about it and I said "I've prepared a full briefing note with everything that needs to happen when I'm away so who do I talk to about it, who's covering for me?", he said "what" I repeated it, he said "oh, most of the guys take their laptops away with them" I just laughed my tits off "I'm in Europe mate, we don't do that shit, off is off". I have sent them links to the working time directive as many times on behalf of my UK guys. 

Also "Can you get in touch with the customer (European) and ask him to xyz" me "No, he's on holiday" them "yeah I know but you have his number" me "yes I do but he's on holiday (and his out of office stresses that)" (Continental europeans holidays are sacrosanct)

Typical -Yank out of office:

"I'm sorry but I am undergoing life saving surgery at the moment, so my access to email is limited so there will be a delay in my reply, but if your request is urgent, please call or message my cell"

Edited by Toonpack

He just wants C. Ronaldo to join Arsenal so he can another one of his sleb mates. Who, incidentally, couldn’t actually give a fuck about him beyond using him to further boost their huge ego 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Very :lol:

It was Chesapeake Bay bridge in Virginia that was did dehumidification works on.

You didn’t moonlight at the Walmart by any chance?  

• Haha 3