Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, the thing we're missing is even more games for clubs. I hope the European teams tell him to fuck off.

They'll sack off the domestic cups chasing the global exposure $$$$$$$$$'s

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

You’ll be singing a different tune when we win it 

And then watch the salty fuckers say we've still not won anything as it's not established.

are cardiff being cunts here?

I seem to recall there was issues with whether the pilot should've been flying or not, but even so, the poor kid wouldn't have been in the air had a transfer not been agreed between the clubs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64011483

Cardiff were told to pay the first instalment of £5.3m to Nantes.

"We haven't paid and at the moment have no intention of paying," Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman told BBC Radio Wales Sport

22 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

are cardiff being cunts here?

I seem to recall there was issues with whether the pilot should've been flying or not, but even so, the poor kid wouldn't have been in the air had a transfer not been agreed between the clubs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64011483

Cardiff were told to pay the first instalment of £5.3m to Nantes.

"We haven't paid and at the moment have no intention of paying," Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman told BBC Radio Wales Sport

Really tough, and probably unique situation tbh. 
I can see the case for both clubs. 

If you put the fact that you’re dealing in humans to one side momentarily , then you basically have a case of a seller and buyer making a transaction and the “goods” have been lost in transit, as brutal as it sounds. 

The responsibility should then rest with the “courier” of the transaction, and I guess it’s down to Cardiff to show that they had no say in the decisions made by that party? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you put the fact that you’re dealing in humans to one side momentarily , then you basically have a case of a seller and buyer making a transaction and the “goods” have been lost in transit, as brutal as it sounds. 

The responsibility should then rest with the “courier” of the transaction, and I guess it’s down to Cardiff to show that they had no say in the decisions made by that party? 

:(

aye, probably the harsh reality of it..

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The responsibility lies with whoever enlisted the "courier", which is usually the seller.

I doubt that either club was responsible in this case. I refer you back to Meenzer’s comment. The agent is probably culpable.

• Like 1

Aye, this is on McKay’s wiki page

”had played a central role in the transfer, including arranging meetings between the involved parties and generating fake interest in the player, and was responsible for arranging the fatal flight. He was given an official police warning for his conduct towards Cardiff members of staff in the aftermath of the transfer.”

Lovely bloke. 

The bolded bit says it all, really. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig said:

The responsibility lies with whoever enlisted the "courier", which is usually the seller.

I doubt that either club was responsible in this case. I refer you back to Meenzer’s comment. The agent is probably culpable.

Possibly for eBay but I would've thought more likely the buyer for player transfers. 

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, this is on McKay’s wiki page

”had played a central role in the transfer, including arranging meetings between the involved parties and generating fake interest in the player, and was responsible for arranging the fatal flight. He was given an official police warning for his conduct towards Cardiff members of staff in the aftermath of the transfer.”

Lovely bloke. 

The bolded bit says it all, really. 

Whats the worse crime? Arranging a flight in a plane that was practically falling apart or arranging Boumsong’s signing? Hard one to call

• Haha 4