Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Does it say how much they are over? Surely it's just a case of selling one of their main players really like Ramsay or Watkins - I couldn't imagine they are miles over the threshold.

Cunts should have sold us Ramsay when we asked for him

Nah I guess no one will know atm cos the extent of the issue will be hidden in their unpublished accounts for the current financial year.

Be a bit of a blow for them if they need to sell Watkins mind. I'd have him here.

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks like Villa need to sell some players by the end of June to meet PSR and have extended their accounting period by a month so those sales can be captured in their accounts.

Weren't we linked with Ramsey from them?

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://theathletic.com/5290018/2024/02/22/chelsea-ffp-psr-carabao-boehly-clearlake/

Screenshot_20240229-120447.thumb.png.4d3da93f6ea139bded1b490cad879cec.png

Chelsea seem in dreadful PSR / FSR shape. They've got until the end of June to pull a rabbit out of the hat, or they might have to do what Villa are doing and give themselves a further month.

He has links with Saudi Pro League. Expect to see 40 year old Thiago Silva go for £30m in the summer.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Pogba suspended for 4 years for doping. He's 30, so that's him finished.

Luckily he retired about 5 years ago 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Now, if he was doping while at Man Utd he needs to get his supplier done for false advertising

• Haha 6

https://theathletic.com/5290018/2024/02/22/chelsea-ffp-psr-carabao-boehly-clearlake/

Screenshot_20240229-120447.thumb.png.4d3da93f6ea139bded1b490cad879cec.png

Chelsea seem in dreadful PSR / FSR shape. They've got until the end of June to pull a rabbit out of the hat, or they might have to do what Villa are doing and give themselves a further month.

With this, Everton, Forest, and Villa I don't know which side of this I'm falling on; Are the FFP/PSR rules finally holding reckless spending to account or, Are ambitious clubs having their growth limited?

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Now, if he was doping while at Man Utd he needs to get his supplier done for false advertising

Football action graeme souness hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

With this, Everton, Forest, and Villa I don't know which side of this I'm falling on; Are the FFP/PSR rules finally holding reckless spending to account or, Are ambitious clubs having their growth limited?

Ambitious clubs are having their growth limited AND some clubs are sailing far too close to the wind.

Chelsea can get fucked though cos they've already admitted to breaking the rules on spending when Abramovich was in charge (of which more in the tweet below) and what they've done since Boehly arrived has been fucking ludicrous, and but for a very convenient bailing out by Saudi they'd be in an even worse spot.

Sounds like they did a lot more shady shit than they admitted to.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ambitious clubs are having their growth limited AND some clubs are sailing far too close to the wind.

Chelsea can get fucked though cos they've already admitted to breaking the rules on spending when Abramovich was in charge (of which more in the tweet below) and what they've done since Boehly arrived has been fucking ludicrous, and but for a very convenient bailing out by Saudi they'd be in an even worse spot.

Can't wait to see Man City and Chelsea competing in the final of the FA Vase after each win the Conference North and South, respectively.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Just been reading up on this as I knew he was facing a ban but hadn't been arsed enough to pay much attention. So they find testosterone metabolites in his system and provisionally suspend him - he then calls bullshit and demands a counter-test - which also returns a positive result :lol:

I think he's probably been done over by someone here, as he's had every opportunity to come clean and have a more lenient punishment but has fought it (despite knowing he was facing a four year ban) which I can only think he's done because he had no idea he was ingesting PEDs - I wonder if any other Juve players were tested, as let's be honest, it's not like they aren't the most corrupt and devious club to ever grace the game.

I think this is part of that investigation

Roman Abramovich bankrolled major Dutch club while Chelsea owner — The Bureau of Investigative Journalism (en-GB) (thebureauinvestigates.com)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Can't wait to see Man City and Chelsea competing in the final of the FA Vase after each win the Conference North and South, respectively.

It would be the FA Trophy at that level 👍🏻 ;) 

• Haha 2

Conor Gallagher is homegrown, so pure profit if they sell him. He's got to be worth £40-50mil (judging by how much we spent on Barnes).

Wouldn't be surprised if Cucurella, Broja, Fofana end up Saudi bound too, to balance the books. 

£300mil on Caicedo, Fernandez and Mudryk is fucking mental though :lol: They'd have been better off sticking with Gallagher and Loftus-Cheek in the middle 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Just been reading up on this as I knew he was facing a ban but hadn't been arsed enough to pay much attention. So they find testosterone metabolites in his system and provisionally suspend him - he then calls bullshit and demands a counter-test - which also returns a positive result :lol:

I think he's probably been done over by someone here, as he's had every opportunity to come clean and have a more lenient punishment but has fought it (despite knowing he was facing a four year ban) which I can only think he's done because he had no idea he was ingesting PEDs - I wonder if any other Juve players were tested, as let's be honest, it's not like they aren't the most corrupt and devious club to ever grace the game.

Testosterone is my favourite PED. It's the desperate man's final gambit. See Floyd Landis. In yellow in TdF, dropped on stage 16, loses 10 minutes. Next day, stage 17, queen stage. He straps seventeen testosterone patches to himself like ASM applying bandages, and rides away from the entire field. He gains back the 10 minutes and an extra 3-4 minutes for good measure. He was glowing like Hale Bob. Promptly caught. Denies everything. Said his T-levels were elevated because he had a beer the night before. A single beer. His A-sample would've burnt a hole in the test tube. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

100% Pogba has been done over to get him out of the contract 

maxresdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCIAKENAF8q

"Ain't no doubt it's plain to see...."

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I've no problem with manager's sticking up for their players, but there are times when this is better

Top Boy Say Less GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 4