Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

The Fa have announced no replays in the FA Cup next season.

Terrible news for the lower leagues.

Where the fuck were you yesterday with this? I had a whole weekend planned safe in the knowledge that there would be replays in the FA cup next season. Weekend's ruined now.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

The Fa have announced no replays in the FA Cup next season.

Terrible news for the lower leagues.

And television fans. So we're only allowed to see a goal once now?

• Haha 8

Just now, ewerk said:

And television fans. So we're only allowed to see a goal once now?

Aye, now we have to buy mini-fridges for the living room because god forbid we go to the kitchen for a fresh can. That extra £100m better be coming back to us armchair fans to invest in the proper kit.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fair play. 

I can't bear listening to him and his co-commentators on TNT but he's to be applauded for that little speech. 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I can't bear listening to him and his co-commentators on TNT but he's to be applauded for that little speech. 

Aye, particularly seeing as he largely makes his living commentating on the competition that he's strongly criticising. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, particularly seeing as he largely makes his living commentating on the competition that he's strongly criticising. 

bit bemused by the one bit where he was on about var.... was he suggesting it was being applied better in CL than the PL?

wasn't our experience in paris sadly.

Aye I do wonder whether he's not just basing that on the far fewer games there are in the CL too. But VAR is definitely not "a thing" every week in the CL like it is in the PL. It's on average two game changing stinkers a week in the PL these days. 

• Like 1

Seems like the games where VAR is active, it’s really fucking active. Look at that Man United/Bournemouth game. It’s not just one contentious decision, it’s one on top of another until it’s a lasagne of dogshit

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

bit bemused by the one bit where he was on about var.... was he suggesting it was being applied better in CL than the PL?

Perhaps he's specifically referring to the improved offside mechanism in the CL as opposed to the car crash "let me try and draw some straight lines and figure this out" bullshit in the PL.

20 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Seems like the games where VAR is active, it’s really fucking active. Look at that Man United/Bournemouth game. It’s not just one contentious decision, it’s one on top of another until it’s a lasagne of dogshit

😂😂😂😂

21 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

Was it really VAR where the problem lay? I thought we were fucked by a different interpretation of the handball law?

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Was it really VAR where the problem lay? I thought we were fucked by a different interpretation of the handball law?

I'd put it down to var, a penalty wouldn't have been awarded without it...

The VAR who awarded Paris Saint-Germain's controversial added-time penalty against Newcastle United in the Champions League has been removed from duty by UEFA on a game on Wednesday night.

Polish VAR Tomasz Kwiatkowski sent referee Szymon Marciniak to the pitchside monitor in the 96th minute of Tuesday's match after the ball struck the arm of Tino Livramento, which was judged to be making his body bigger and creating a barrier

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

for all those wondering who's behind the owner investment malarkey, not the headed paper on this letter to the FA

1000014706.jpg

It’s fake