Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Loans from 777 are the only thing that is keeping the club afloat. They can't make their commitments without these loans landing every month. 

If they suddenly dry up cos 777 is in difficulty of its own, then they're in major shit. 

I don't understand how they've been allowed to continue to be run like this by the PL. They can't meet their operating costs without a monthly bailout from this third party, who has only continued to lend them cash cos it had designs on buying them. 

For an organisation that likes to talk about sustainability, this is the definition of unsustainable. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Loans from 777 are the only thing that is keeping the club afloat. They can't make their commitments without these loans landing every month. 

If they suddenly dry up cos 777 is in difficulty of its own, then they're in major shit. 

I don't understand how they've been allowed to continue to be run like this by the PL. They can't meet their operating costs without a monthly bailout from this third party, who has only continued to lend them cash cos it had designs on buying them. 

For an organisation that likes to talk about sustainability, this is the definition of unsustainable. 

You make some good points here, but I’m curious- should we deduct or add said points? 

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Any points I make are always additive.

you definitely helped everton add a few more points every season 

It's the 30th of the month BTW. I wonder if they've been able to make their payroll cos that's what the loans from 777 were allowing. 

I think a failure to pay people is a fairly significant breach, it certainly is in the EFL. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you definitely helped everton add a few more points every season 

I'm simply Everton's reverse Hype Man. And... 

hype-train.gif

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Loans from 777 are the only thing that is keeping the club afloat.

Moshiri is a billionaire. Is he just refusing to put any more of this own money into the club? If so then that really is tremendous work by the Everton fans.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Moshiri is a billionaire. Is he just refusing to put any more of this own money into the club? If so then that really is tremendous work by the Everton fans.

Yeah he's long since stopped giving them operating cash, so 777 are keeping them afloat pending PL approval of a deal, and the longer that process has gone on, the more dodgy 777 have appeared. 

I can't see the deal being allowed to go through now with all the other bother 777 is in, so fuck knows what happens. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah he's long since stopped giving them operating cash, so 777 are keeping them afloat pending PL approval of a deal, and the longer that process has gone on, the more dodgy 777 have appeared. 

I can't see the deal being allowed to go through now with all the other bother 777 is in, so fuck knows what happens. 

If you were to make a prediction, what would it be ?

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My take on this new financial nonsense is that we wouldn’t have floated it and voted for it if it wasn’t going to help us bridge the gap 

that's a reasonable view. i'd counter that with Everton being an example of a turkey that voted for Christmas

On 29/04/2024 at 15:29, Dazzler said:

The spending cap has been voted in. man city, man utd and villa all voted against it and chelsea abstained. Fuck know what it all means but there's going to be a spending cap now.

pretty sure it hasn't been voted in yet. they've voted to produce spending cap models. if the models are ready then they may get voted in at the June AGM. the shape of the model could change dramatically in that time. 

i get the feeling that in the longer term this will be an own goal by the PL. As it may mean fewer superstars are likely to come to the PL. it might also lead to the gap between english teams and overseas teams moving in the wrong direction.

i'd feel better lobbying UEFA for this to be a european wide rule. PSG being linked to Claremont would be funny as! as would Real Madrid being anchored by Almeria.

one thing is for sure. once the spending cap is introduced it will be here to stay. and likely as not it will be tightened not relaxed.

really unsure of the need for any of this. just the americans trying to get american style rules.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i'd feel better lobbying UEFA for this to be a european wide rule. PSG being linked to Claremont would be funny as!

Remind me again who is the head of the European Clubs Association.

• Haha 1