Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: :lol: 

So big Dunc gets the job twice as stand-in knowing he gets a virtually guaranteed coaching job no matter what, they actively want to interview Rooney whose been managing for two seconds, the home fans are either silent or booing most games, accosting their owners, threatening their managers saying they know where they live but when it comes to NUFC we're too expectant and always wanted a Geordie/Alan Shearer to manage us? :lol: Up until the internet age I'd no beef whatsoever with Everton but some of their fans can be a bit precious, (we've all got them I suppose), but I genuinely can't remember, ever, their fans being shot at whatsoever, whether correctly or incorrectly? It's a puzzler? 

• Like 4

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

So big Dunc gets the job twice as stand-in knowing he gets a virtually guaranteed coaching job no matter what, they actively want to interview Rooney whose been managing for two seconds, the home fans are either silent or booing most games, accosting their owners, threatening their managers saying they know where they live but when it comes to NUFC we're too expectant and always wanted a Geordie/Alan Shearer to manage us? :lol: Up until the internet age I'd no beef whatsoever with Everton but some of their fans can be a bit precious, (we've all got them I suppose), but I genuinely can't remember, ever, their fans being shot at whatsoever, whether correctly or incorrectly? It's a puzzler? 

Fair comment but I reckon it's in part down to the fact that half the time most of the league barely remembers they're even in it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

They're given a free pass somehow by the cunts in the media.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Spot on. I also find it weird that they’ve always been promoted as this side that are always pushing the top sides, yet the reality is Shola Ameobi has more CL goals than them. They’re one of the most mid table clubs around but they’re constantly built up as pushing the “top 6” (which in itself is a ridiculous media concept since they have too many darlings to fit into 4). I saw somewhere on twitter that they even had a banner at a game saying “we demand the best” while ours was “we only demand a club that tries” :lol: the narrative about us seems to apply more to their fan base tbh. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Howay said:

Spot on. I also find it weird that they’ve always been promoted as this side that are always pushing the top sides, yet the reality is Shola Ameobi has more CL goals than them. They’re one of the most mid table clubs around but they’re constantly built up as pushing the “top 6” (which in itself is a ridiculous media concept since they have too many darlings to fit into 4). I saw somewhere on twitter that they even had a banner at a game saying “we demand the best”  while ours was “we only demand a club that tries” :lol: the narrative about us seems to apply more to their fan base tbh. 

Apparently that's a famous evertonian quote from a director or something in the past so I'll give them a pass on that one as if you can't celebrate your past when your shit then whaddya gonna do? As Big T would say. :lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Howay said:

Spot on. I also find it weird that they’ve always been promoted as this side that are always pushing the top sides, yet the reality is Shola Ameobi has more CL goals than them. They’re one of the most mid table clubs around but they’re constantly built up as pushing the “top 6” (which in itself is a ridiculous media concept since they have too many darlings to fit into 4). I saw somewhere on twitter that they even had a banner at a game saying “we demand the best” while ours was “we only demand a club that tries” :lol: the narrative about us seems to apply more to their fan base tbh. 

To be fair, the banner probably said "Nothing but the best is good enough". Whilst that might come across as supreme arrogance, it is the translation of 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum', which is the club moto.

• Like 1

They definitely get less stick for their fans’ perception of themselves as a massive club though. They’ve obviously won stuff more recently than us but even then it’s just the one fa cup since their glory days of the 80s and even that cup win was getting on for 30 years ago. Meanwhile we were being told to suck it up and think ourselves lucky we had Mike Ashley and his ‘financial stability’ because we’re not a big club 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

They definitely get less stick for their fans’ perception of themselves as a massive club though. They’ve obviously won stuff more recently than us but even then it’s just the one fa cup since their glory days of the 80s and even that cup win was getting on for 30 years ago. Meanwhile we were being told to suck it up and think ourselves lucky we had Mike Ashley and his ‘financial stability’ because we’re not a big club 

I think the issue is less about their fans not getting enough stick and more about ours getting too much if I'm completely honest.

They've won the title 9 times, have been in the same number of FA Cup finals as us (5 wins to our 6) and won 1 European trophy.  At 116 years, they've spent more season in the top flight of English football than any other club. If I look at it objectively, they're comparable to us - I'd stick Villa in a similar bracket too. I'd stick all 3 clubs ahead of Spurs who are considered to be a 'bigger club' in modern day football.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to happen. There's sense of entitlement because they've only been relegated twice in their history, and not for over 70 years. Arsenal are exactly the same mind you. Arrogant fucks.

One team always sinks like a stone the 2nd half of the season. Would love it to be Everton.

Just now, Craig said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to happen. There's sense of entitlement because they've only been relegated twice in their history, and not for over 70 years. Arsenal are exactly the same mind you. Arrogant fucks.

One team always sinks like a stone the 2nd half of the season. Would love it to be Everton.

Gemmill’s predicted it’ll be this season, hence his comment 

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I hope he knows not to put the tea in before the milk. 

Clearly learned all he knows from Kath the tea lady.

• Haha 1