Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

only a very sporadic visitor to truefaith these days however I really quite enjoyed this article...

https://true-faith.co.uk/fanfare-for-the-common-mag-a-new-anthem-for-newcastle-united/

any ideas for a tune which could used or adapted as an anthem?

I can't help but feel us lads on here have an advantage on coming up with something bearing in mind we have a lyrical genius in our midst.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

only a very sporadic visitor to truefaith these days however I really quite enjoyed this article...

https://true-faith.co.uk/fanfare-for-the-common-mag-a-new-anthem-for-newcastle-united/

any ideas for a tune which could used or adapted as an anthem?

I can't help but feel us lads on here have an advantage on coming up with something bearing in mind we have a lyrical genius in our midst.

Has to be a contender. :lol:

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1483138124242989063?t=ngtxjC4o_2iVwGMuV3NS3Q&s=19

Our fans hold this moment dear in their hearts, but when I celebrated in similar fashion after scoring in a match raising funds for the charity 'Refuge' I was chastised for it.

It's one rule for the multi-millionaire footballers and another for the rest of us.

27 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1483138124242989063?t=ngtxjC4o_2iVwGMuV3NS3Q&s=19

Our fans hold this moment dear in their hearts, but when I celebrated in similar fashion after scoring in a match raising funds for the charity 'Refuge' I was chastised for it.

It's one rule for the multi-millionaire footballers and another for the rest of us.

I don't hold that moment dear in my heart at all. :lol:

• Haha 2

On 17/01/2022 at 15:24, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Desperately trying to get a new striker in. 

Is it right btw that only Odegaard had covid for Arsenal's postponement at the weekend? Cos if so that is total bullshit. 

Not as bullshit as Klopp saying Liverpool had a load of false positives in the camp after having the Arsenal game cancelled, when something like 1/100,000 LFTs give a false positive :lol: 

• Like 2

On 18/01/2022 at 04:24, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Desperately trying to get a new striker in. 

Is it right btw that only Odegaard had covid for Arsenal's postponement at the weekend? Cos if so that is total bullshit. 

And Arsenal have just released Sead kolasinac from his contract and sent Pablo Mari out on loan.

The bigger teams are absolutely taking the piss with this ruling

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And Arsenal have just released Sead kolasinac from his contract and sent Pablo Mari out on loan.

The bigger teams are absolutely taking the piss with this ruling

Aye they are. I’m getting a bit fed up of hearing the pundits yell about how youth players should make up the difference, ignoring the fact that just further favors the top sides who have the best academy’s. I think in cases like Arsenals where they’re sending people out on loan the youth players should have to be temporarily registered to bring the squad up to 25, but asking Burnley to field whatever fucking crap is in their academy is harsh. 

• Like 1

Good stuff on the Athletic Football Podcast today talking about the rise of NFTs. 

Specifically in one segment about John Terry and how he now has an affiliation with an NFT business which is clearly aimed at kids called Ape Kids Club. They were making the point that, it's one thing young players in their early 20s buying these things, but this is a bloke who wants to be a manager joining forces with a company that's advertising these things to kids. 

Just in case anyone had forgotten about the how much of a prick John Terry is. Hopefully it costs him management job opportunities. 

• Like 1

Yeah, he comes across as an awful person. Remember when him and his dad got stung organising unofficial tours of the Chelsea ground? At the same time Terry’s dad told the undercover reporter he could obtain cocaine for him iirc. And how fucking greedy to you have to be try and get money out of kids when you have his bank balance? Especially for a racket like that 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Good stuff on the Athletic Football Podcast today talking about the rise of NFTs. 

Specifically in one segment about John Terry and how he now has an affiliation with an NFT business which is clearly aimed at kids called Ape Kids Club. They were making the point that, it's one thing young players in their early 20s buying these things, but this is a bloke who wants to be a manager joining forces with a company that's advertising these things to kids. 

Just in case anyone had forgotten about the how much of a prick John Terry is. Hopefully it costs him management job opportunities. 

He's think as mince. He wouldn't have thought of any of the ramifications beyond his bank balance 

• Like 2