Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

18 hours ago, Tom said:

Who was talking about teeth girl on here a few weeks or months back? SHE LIVES (and it’s her birthday)

Fuck me! Can she not just tweet herself, she’s got the gob of a parrot

:lol: That’s mental. I can see what the mackem owners are doing with Keane, in that they don’t know what they’re doing so they’re just placating the fans with Defoe and Keane to avoid any possible blame when it goes tits up, but what the fuck are WBA doing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Cabbage heed in advanced talks with WBA evidently 😱

They've just said on the radio 😂

Gaffer at NUFC and Sunderland 

Gaffer at both Sheffield clubs

Gaffer at Villa and Birmingham 

Fuck me thick skin or wha

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wykiki’s Boss- “ Wahkehkeh, come int’office please”

Wykiki- “ Oh fuck…*call HR”

Wykiki’s Boss- “ Tha knows why for tha’s bin called in, does tha?”

Wykiki- “ No Boss”

Wykiki’s Boss-“ Tha’s bin laughin’ at t’Mentals again lad!”

Wykiki- “Sorry Boss”

Wykiki’s Boss- “ The father sent me a complaint from his home in Clitheroe!”

Wykiki-“ Sorry Boss, I’ll pack my stuff “

Wykiki’s Boss- “ Nay lad, crack on-fuck the red rose Lancashire cunt”. 

Read this about four times now and it’s still funny 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wykiki- “ No Boss”

Wykiki- “Sorry Boss”

Im collecting an armchair from Clitheroe on Sunday

25 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: That’s mental. I can see what the mackem owners are doing with Keane, in that they don’t know what they’re doing so they’re just placating the fans with Defoe and Keane to avoid any possible blame when it goes tits up, but what the fuck are WBA doing?

Andy Carroll will be ower the knot 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wykiki- “ No Boss”

Wykiki- “Sorry Boss”

Crying at that 😂🤣😂

• Haha 3

Wykiki blatantly would've let the two lads walk out of the 'Slaughtered Lamb' on a full moon night with only a scant 'Stay on road, lads, keep off the moors' bit of advice for their troubles. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Im collecting an armchair from Clitheroe on Sunday

Of all the places I would never have expected to get a mention on here

• Haha 2

Spurs :lol: the "big 6" stabbing each other in the back.

I'm sure their "no sale to newcastle" policy will stand the test of time though :razz:

https://theathletic.com/3104063/2022/02/02/tottenhams-transfer-window-signed-agreement-for-diaz-interest-in-dembele-and-jury-out-on-paratici/

The closest and most significant of the latter was Luis Diaz, whom The Athletic can reveal Tottenham had a signed agreement in place with Porto for him to join. The deal was believed to be for €45 million (£37.6 million) plus €15 million (£12.5 million) in add-ons, with terms also agreed with Diaz himself.

However, Diaz being away on international duty meant that the agreement wasn’t yet signed by the time it was essentially thought to have been vetoed by his Colombian agent. The representative in question is said by sources to have objected when it became apparent that Jorge Mendes had the mandate from Porto to oversee the Tottenham move. Liverpool, who were not using Mendes as an intermediary, pounced and agreed a deal at more or less the same price. The Athletic has contacted the Colombian agent for comment.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who did everything he could to pull off the deal, was raging at the turn of events. Diaz had been enthusiastic at the prospect of joining Spurs, and some believe it would have been a better move for him given the stage of his career, but ultimately, he too was seduced by the prospect of Champions League football and working with Jurgen Klopp.

But this was the point at which Diaz’s agent intervened. Porto, who needed the money, were very wary of the deal being scuppered and so welcomed Liverpool’s interest. Liverpool meanwhile were delighted that Spurs had effectively negotiated the price down to a fee they were willing to pay, having baulked at Diaz’s €80 million (£66.8 million) release clause earlier in the window. 

Levy was left so furious that the cordial relations he has enjoyed with Liverpool’s owners may have been seriously damaged. Some sources close to the situation believe it could lead to a period of hostility between the two clubs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Didn’t he have the most expensively assembled squad in Championship history at Villa? Iirc that was the case, he then fell out with half of them and tried to swap Jack Grealish for Jordan Rhodes or something. The fucking idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Yeah think so. Had likes of Terry, Hutton, Jedinak, Whealan, Snodgrass playing for him who wouldn't have been cheap for Championship.

Looking through his squad list and transfers for his 18months he brought in a lot of random shite you'd have never heard of, or heard of since. Stinks of him having control on transfers and agent backhanding to me. Like fuck Bruce has heard of some random keeper from Hungary.

Seems he had a fetish for Goalkeepers - Sam Johnson, Mark Bunn, Jed Steer, Orjan Nyland, Lovre Kalinic, Matija Sarkic, Akos Onodi

Highlights of the squad for me included.... 

- Having two international keepers - Nyland, Kalinic

- Tuanzabe, Mings (future England International) in defence

- John McGinn, Jack Grealish (future England International and £100M player) in midfield, El Ghazi (62 PL apperances for Smith)

- Bolasie (above that standard back then), Tammy Abraham (future England International, played for Chelsea/Roma).

What always sticks out to me from that period, and why I always remember the prick spent a fortune is they basically priced us out of moves for Hourihane and Hogan, think they both commanded fees near 20m. He also had Kodjia who they got for about 15m. Then they come 13th while we come top, think he had a nightmare with Ross McCormack as well. 

• Like 1