Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Howe wouldn't leave here for Chelsea, I don't think. Sounds daft but I think he knows he's valued here. Chelsea fans would think they were better than him and there'd he a target on his back from day one. 

I don't think he would either but it crossed my mind that for the first time in 20 years we have a manager who could seem appealing to the clubs who think they have some level of entitlement. I'm not used to that I have to admit.

My point was more about Chelsea, and more like the media sniffing him out rather than Howe being interested. I think he'd give a similar response to how Keegan responded when Liverpool sacked Souness and apparently he was a 'shoe-in'.

So that's now two managers who have delivered a Champions League for Chelsea within 4 months of taking over only to be sacked within the following 18 months. 

36 minutes ago, Craig said:

I don't think he would either but it crossed my mind that for the first time in 20 years we have a manager who could seem appealing to the clubs who think they have some level of entitlement. I'm not used to that I have to admit.

If he’s okayed then signing of Aubamayang I’ll eat my fuckin hat :lol:

Who gives a manager 300mill to invest then sacks him a month into the project in any sector? 

Edited by PaddockLad

Hopefully he tells them to stick it. Would be a massive wake up call to Chelsea and the media. They seem to be of the belief that no-one can turn down Chelsea. 

Remember from us getting Ashworth as well that Brighton have a blanket policy of letting their employees speak to suitors. They don't want to keep anyone against their will. 

Also I very much doubt that Hamish's story is true. 

I googled "site:ft.com Hamish Constantinople" and there are NO results with that name returned. 

Also if you look through his other tweets, he's an Everton fan with a fixation on trying to wind Newcastle fans up. 

Stand down lads. 

• Thanks 1