Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

It's classic whataboutism, and a very poor example of it to boot, with regard to US, Saudi judicial comparisons.

It’s not though. Whataboutism implies the Saudi’s are getting unjust criticism. They aren’t. They deserve all the criticism they get.

My point, supported with evidence, is that the media pick and choose their narrative from a fake position of virtue when, as coherently pointed out by Fist, Boris and Trump are on the same spectrum of cuntishness yet escape criticism by vast swathes of the media 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

On the positive, absolutely none of the above sounds like a bunch of Newcastle fans trying to defend Saudi Arabia.

Think we'll be fine on the sportswashing front tbh :cuppa: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It’a not though. Whataboutism implies the Saudi’s are getting unjust criticism. They aren’t. They deserve all the criticism they get.

My point, supported with evidence, is that the media pick and choose their narrative from a fake position of virtue when, as coherently pointed out but Fist, Boris and Trump are on the same spectrum of cuntishness yet escape criticism by vast swathes of the media 

Well said, fancy a pint?  :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It’s not though. Whataboutism implies the Saudi’s are getting unjust criticism. They aren’t. They deserve all the criticism they get.

My point, supported with evidence, is that the media pick and choose their narrative from a fake position of virtue when, as coherently pointed out by Fist, Boris and Trump are on the same spectrum of cuntishness yet escape criticism by vast swathes of the media 

It's the definition of whataboutism, as in focusing on someone else’s misconduct implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely blameless. And I'd like to see where you'd place Saudi on this spectrum, who are literally still medieval in comparison to the west, to admittedly flawed Western democracies.  

Edited by Polarboy

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

It's the definition of whataboutism, as in focusing on someone else’s misconduct implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely blameless. And I'd like to see where you'd place Saudi who are literally still medieval in comparison to the west, to admittedly flawed Western democracies.  

You need to check your definitions 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

It's the definition of whataboutism, as in focusing on someone else’s misconduct implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely blameless. And I'd like to see where you'd place Saudi who are literally still medieval in comparison to the west, to admittedly flawed Western democracies.  

Top of the League. 

I like the sound of that :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

That isn't what happening.

The post you've quoted literally says

Whataboutism implies the Saudi’s are getting unjust criticism. They aren’t. They deserve all the criticism they get.

Anyway....

Are there any suggestions as to how we make the Saudi’s fall in love with the region and use that influence to put political pressure on the Saudi government to stop murdering journalists and the like?

Edited by Kid Dynamite

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Anyway....

Are there any suggestions as to how we make the Saudi’s fall in love with the region and use that influence to put political pressure on the Saudi government to stop murdering journalists and the like?

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And I’ve said that all criticism of Saudi Arabia is invalid where...? :lol:

My comment was in response to however many posts there were from you and others trying to draw false equivalences between the US and Saudi. And if you read my comment properly you'd see that the logical fallacy you were trying to bring people to was that because "no one is blameless" we're all in the muck. So yes you didn't say criticism was invalid, but that doesn't refute my point on the basis of whataboutism's definition.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Imagine riding a camel across that fucker 

In the interest of science, and lolz, I now have the phrase “camel on the tyne bridge” in my search history :lol:

Far from the worst thing in there, but cheers :lol:

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

In the interest of science, and lolz, I now have the phrase “camel on the tyne bridge” in my search history :lol:

Far from the worst thing in there, but cheers :lol:

Google: ‘Did you mean ‘camel toe on the Tyne’? You filthy pervert’

• Haha 1

Pochettino is a very good manager who's great at developing young players, but if we're going for the best I'd be a bit worried about how his tenure at Spurs ended. I mean maybe it was more a case of him not being given the funds needed to take them to the next level, and it going stale with certain players trying to jump ship. And perhaps he was a victim of his success in terms of getting very close to winning things and not, but I do have a slight doubt about his temperament.

Edited by Polarboy

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

file-20181009-72130-o0aczy.jpg

Every time i see a picture of the Tyne Bridge my heart just beats that little bit faster

It makes me so proud to be a Geordie 

Arab owners of our club or not, I love Newcastle, the city the people, the buildings the culture the way we talk...and well just every thing about the place. It is with out doubt the best place in the world to be from.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Google: ‘Did you mean ‘camel toe on the Tyne’? You filthy pervert’

:lol:
That’d be ancient history for my interwebs searches, tbh.

I like a far more sophisticated ( depraved) type of grot these days :lol:

Anyway, all this talk of medieval regimes killing people has got me quite stressed- I’m off to relax by killing the absolute fuck out of anything that moves in Assassins Creed Odyssey. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Pochetoono, more like.

"Uncertain future" :lol:

Steve bruces future is probably the most certain thing in the world in its current state.

• Haha 4

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official