Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

On 8/15/2020 at 11:32, Isegrim said:

It’s been over before it started because the league never wanted it happen.

I don't think that's true. I think the PL would have allowed it if they could get Saudi Arabia to end piracy and be satisfied that there was sufficient separation between MBS and the PIF.

The first bit is difficult to prove, but the second bit is just a bit of restructuring of the entity that buys Newcastle.

On 8/18/2020 at 08:35, trooper said:

Extracts from The Mail report on Monday:

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Up to 50 enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapse.

Mike Ashley will only negotiate with proposed buyers of Newcastle United once his lawyers have convinced him they are genuine.

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for all those who express an interest in buying the club and sources claim up to 50 such enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapsed two weeks ago.

Ashley and his trusted lieutenant Justin Barnes will only get involved if Dentons advise that an approach is serious and those interested have the financial backing to complete a deal.

That means the owner has not yet had any contact with the Singapore group [BNG] who submitted a £280million offer over the weekend.

But the offer is below the £300m asking price and there is caution given the investor group have released a statement confirming their offer, raising the suspicion of this being an easy publicity grab.

50 enquires :razz:

That extract is an affront on Journalism.

How many different ways could they find to repeat the "Ashley is using his lawyers to filter out time wasters" message across?

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The first bit is difficult to prove, but the second bit is just a bit of restructuring of the entity that buys Newcastle.

'Here lads, you wouldn't do us a wee favour and remove the totalitarian head of state as chairman of your £400 billion investment fund so we can let you buy this football club?'

Just now, ewerk said:

'Here lads, you wouldn't do us a wee favour and remove the totalitarian head of state as chairman of your £400 billion investment fund so we can let you buy this football club?'

Yup.

Or create a new division of PIF with a focus on Sports and name one of MBS' brothers as Chairman of that?

'Hello good sir, my name is Mohammed Bin Salman, head of PFI, and I'd like to buy this football club.'

'No, no. I'm very much different to Mohammad Bin Salman, head of PIF. I've barely spoken to him in years.'

I can't see how it fails.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

'Hello good sir, my name is Mohammed Bin Salman, head of PFI, and I'd like to buy this football club.'

'No, no. I'm very much different to Mohammad Bin Salman, head of PIF. I've barely spoken to him in years.'

I can't see how it fails.

Bohammed Sin Malman?

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There we go, that's the sort of thinking that's going to see this takeover through.

One thing I was thinking, would you be surprised if a restructured PIF came back for us in 2021. When the MENA region is up for tender, and all that?

I'm not sure they'd fancy going another round with the PL when they could just go and buy a French/German/Italian club without any hassle at all.

The PIF will buy a football club make that club successful, invest in the area & make the league the club play in stronger.

I doubt they are that arsed about it being us particularly.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

One thing I was thinking, would you be surprised if a restructured PIF came back for us in 2021. When the MENA region is up for tender, and all that?

I'm not sure they'd fancy going another round with the PL when they could just go and buy a French/German/Italian club without any hassle at all.

Sports Direct United will be in the Championship then. The club will be half price 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

PIF were never buying us directly. It was always going to be done through a subsidiary. What the PL are looking for is who ultimately owns the subsidiary. PIF can restructure whatever way they want but as long as the Saudis are involved then the PL are going to come to the same conclusion i.e. that MBS calls that shots and will want to make him subject to the Directors Test. The only way it looks like this will change is if we see a change at the top of the PL or legal action by one of the involved parties.

• Like 1