Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye, haven't watched Twilight either but I read somewhere it was fan fiction from that. She's made plenty money out of it like so fair play I suppose. As an aside, I did English for my degree and we once had to read a Mills and Boon book, 'Fuck me gently' :lol:

I can't remember my old dear reading that one, mind?

Never quite understood how 50 Shades of Grey is Twilight fan fiction? There's no vampires in 5sog is there? Mind, saying that, there's no fucking vampires in Twilight either.

I can barely put up with people trying to re-write classic myths "Oooh, these vampires are actually infected with some kind of pathogen", but making them sparkly and vegetarian is just bullshit.

Apparently Universal have the rights for the classic monsters and are re-booting them the first being The Mummy.

Split.  I'm in two minds about it.  Good performance by McEvoy and a nice little bit at the end but I didn't really get into it.

Thought it was complete tosh. Don't understand how M.Night continues to get money to make films. Everything he makes loses money now. Last Airbender cost the studio hundreds of millions in losses.

Sixth Sense and Signs were the last two to make a decent profit and they were ages ago.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-death-spiral-of-m-night-shyamalans-career/

Edited by Park Life

Thought it was complete tosh. Don't understand how M.Night continues to get money to make films. Everything he makes loses money now. Last Airbender cost the studio hundreds of millions in losses.

Sixth Sense and Signs were the last two to make a decent profit and they were ages ago.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-death-spiral-of-m-night-shyamalans-career/

I really like Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs but he's really gone downhill since then.  I didn't mind the Lady In The Water, The Village or The Happening despite their massive flaws.  But the drop off from the three before was huge.

I really like Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs but he's really gone downhill since then. I didn't mind the Lady In The Water, The Village or The Happening despite their massive flaws. But the drop off from the three before was huge.

Signs was utter dogshit. Aliens who are fatally allergic to water decide to invade a planet where it literally falls out of the sky. I bet they didn't come to Glasgow

Don't understand how M.Night continues to get money to make films. Everything he makes loses money now. Last Airbender cost the studio hundreds of millions in losses.

Or, if you want to get bogged down in facts, more than doubled the studio's money for them...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Airbender?wprov=sfla1

Watched I, Daniel blake last night. Excellent stuff from Loach and as depressing and shocking as I expected. Not sure if it was just me but i thought a lot of the acting (apart from the leads) was really poor and distracting though. Unless it's just as I'm a geordie in exile that made the accent just feels forced?

Edited by zico martin

Whoa whoa whoa, they were the first application forms that the careers centre got in at uni, and I happened to possess the intelligence levels AND winning charm to secure a job in my second year at uni, so stopped looking.

At no point did I EVER want to be an accountant.

Allied.  Not a story about the carpet shop although that might have been better.  Really obvious plot, iffy acting (although I did like Marion Cotillard) and some of the worst looking sets I've seen in a long time.  Pitt and Zemekis can do so much better (although in the case of Forrest Gump, Zemeckis can do so much worse too).