Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

We seriously need to get manc-mag back on here. He's never come across as the most heterosexual male on here but his penchant for musicals and period dramas surpasses me by a mile.

And still a 10/10?

Interesting. Think I'm going to have to try to catch this while its still at the cinema. The 3D version is supposed to be ridiculously good.

Having watched I can imagine it would be. Though it was good enough that you jump quite a bit anyway so god knows what you'll do in 3D !

Went to see Les Mis today, thought it was brilliant. Got some major Hugh Jackman bromance going on

You're not wrong. Need to add him to the Belta Cock thread actually.

He's not looking so hot right a the beginning though :lol:

You're not wrong. Need to add him to the Belta Cock thread actually.

He's not looking so hot right a the beginning though :lol:

I went with the Mrs and her Gran. Her gran afterwards said 'what was all that about with the prisoner at the start?'. Clearly either slept all the way through or was waiting for some dialogue in between songs to get her back on track :lol:

Wreck It Ralph

Wreck-It-Ralph-Posters.jpg

Ralph (John C. Reilly) is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix (Jack McBrayer), the "good guy" star of their game who always gets to save the day. But after decades doing the same thing and seeing all the glory go to Felix, Ralph decides he's tired of playing the role of a bad guy. He takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a game-hopping journey across the arcade through every generation of video games to prove he's got what it takes to be a hero. On his quest, he meets the tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch) from the first-person action game Hero's Duty. But it's the feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (Sarah Silverman) from the candy-coated cart racing game, Sugar Rush, whose world is threatened when Ralph accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens the entire arcade. Will Ralph realize his dream and save the day before it's too late?

I must say I absolutely loved this. It had all of the feeling that it could've been a Pixar production as it was that good.

Kids will love it, but people my age and a bit older will love it too due to the many video game references from the 80's and beyond. The Bad Anon scene is absolutely fantastically done and another one that makes you feel totally nostalgic, so if you get those references you'll be in stitches for a lot of it.

As you would expect there's stories built around friendships being formed and broken that are designed to get you and they really did. As I've alluded to it's full of humour that was really quite clever, some total laugh out loud moments but other ones that are really subtle and clever. If you are a fan of this sort of animation like I am then you will love it. :up:

8.5/10