Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Blade : Trinity

Wank, utter fucking wank.

157952[/snapback]

but sometimes wank is good.

for example, you come in from a hard day, you're too tired/drained to do anything, you look at your dvd collection and the good films seem to much effort so you look for a film with little or no plot, maybe some chop-socky and hopefully a laugh or two.

I think Blade trinity, rush hour, shanghai noon, among others.. fall into this category

Blade : Trinity

Wank, utter fucking wank.

157952[/snapback]

but sometimes wank is good.

for example, you come in from a hard day, you're too tired/drained to do anything, you look at your dvd collection and the good films seem to much effort so you look for a film with little or no plot, maybe some chop-socky and hopefully a laugh or two.

I think Blade trinity, rush hour, shanghai noon, among others.. fall into this category

157987[/snapback]

There are no-brainers then there is Blade Trinitiy. Horrific movie.

I just feel guilty after a wank. I think it's evil of me to lay waste to so many of my guys. A moist toilette is their Flanders Field tbh

oh and Blade: Trinity has the most ominous DVD Extras ever... a splinter film about the bloke off Van Wilder and that bird with the Bow in the making... :lol:

United 93, not for the faint hearted but it's the best film I've seen this year.

158184[/snapback]

Really don't think I can watch that film. I put it in the similar category to people who go and take photos of their family in front of Ground Zero, or the war memorials in Washington.. or the people who want to raise the Titanic.

Don't think people who will watch it are insensitive ghouls, but I couldn't bring myself to do it

'Happiness' - Basically a series of interlocking stories that are about lust, perversion, middle America, loneliness, coming of age (excuse the pun, if you've seen it) and paedophilia! Phillip Seymour Hoffman is class, as always as a bloke who rings up random lasses in the phonebook to knock one off while asking them what they're wearing. It's a funny film (in both senses of the word) and I would definitely recommend it. I thought the way the paedophile was portrayed as a seemingly normal middle class dad was both scary and (probably) as realistic as the media stereotypes of these people. Luckily there are no actual scenes of child abuse taking place.

United 93, not for the faint hearted but it's the best film I've seen this year.

158184[/snapback]

Saw it a few weeks ago. Difficult to watch but very well done I thought.

'Happiness' - Basically a series of interlocking stories that are about lust, perversion, middle America, loneliness, coming of age (excuse the pun, if you've seen it) and paedophilia! Phillip Seymour Hoffman is class, as always as a bloke who rings up random lasses in the phonebook to knock one off while asking them what they're wearing. It's a funny film (in both senses of the word) and I would definitely recommend it. I thought the way the paedophile was portrayed as a seemingly normal middle class dad was both scary and (probably) as realistic as the media stereotypes of these people. Luckily there are no actual scenes of child abuse taking place.

158374[/snapback]

Got it on DVD... weirdest fim i've ever seen :lol:

158374[/snapback]

The Russian singing in his brown underpants is hilarious.

Storytelling is another hilarious Todd Solondz film you might want to try. I still haven't seen welcome to the Dollhouse which is meant to be his best.

x-men 3.

the juggernaut character that headbutts everything in his path seems very familiar  :lol:

158559[/snapback]

I enjoyed X3: The Last Stand. Don't think it was as good as either of the first films, but I blame the director swap they played. Singer went off to do Superman Returns, I really think they should have fought tooth and nail to keep him.

Worried that the "Superhero" films are returning to the popcorn camp-fest we suffered before XMen came out.

Still looking forward to Superman, Spidey 3, Batman 2, Transformers though

Rumours about a Deadpool film gets me a little excited though as long as they can get an actor with comedy timing.

Superman Returns - 4/10.

Needlessly long considering hardly anything happens, me and my girlfriend lost the will to live by the end of it. Could have been about an hour shorter if everytime something fell or flew we didn't get about 5 minutes of slow motion close-up footage of it, and if there wasn't a 20 second reaction shot after everything anyone said or did (Along with people standing around at the end of each scene like they left the camera rolling by accident) . Also, Superman came across as being a bit of a bellend.

The drawn-out, pointless meandering reminded me of The Hulk quite a bit. There were a few highlights, like how they work in the manditory "It's a bird! It's a plane!" line, and some of Kevin Spacy's moments (Like his Kenneth Williams style exclaimation of "Krrrryptonite!"), but overall, mediocre.

Edited by BlueStar

158184[/snapback]

158380[/snapback]

My girlfriend found it even more upsetting as she thought before the film that the passengers managed to regain control and everyone survived. :(

158184[/snapback]

158380[/snapback]

My girlfriend found it even more upsetting as she thought before the film that the passengers managed to regain control and everyone survived. :(

158732[/snapback]

Let me guess, she thinks the twin towers did this too?

perfect7yr.gif

Superman Returns - 4/10.

Needlessly long considering hardly anything happens, me and my girlfriend lost the will to live by the end of it. Could have been about an hour shorter if everytime something fell or flew we didn't get about 5 minutes of slow motion close-up footage of it, and if there wasn't a 20 second reaction shot after everything anyone said or did (Along with people standing around at the end of each scene like they left the camera rolling by accident) . Also, Superman came across as being a bit of a bellend.

The drawn-out, pointless meandering reminded me of The Hulk quite a bit.  There were a few highlights, like how they work in the manditory "It's a bird! It's a plane!" line, and some of Kevin Spacy's moments (Like his Kenneth Williams style exclaimation of "Krrrryptonite!"), but overall, mediocre.

158730[/snapback]

:(

158184[/snapback]

158380[/snapback]

My girlfriend found it even more upsetting as she thought before the film that the passengers managed to regain control and everyone survived. :o

158732[/snapback]

Let me guess, she thinks the twin towers did this too?

perfect7yr.gif

158741[/snapback]

It wouldn't surprise me tbh. :(

Apparently so - I'm sure some comic geek can correct me here, but I think certain comics superman appeared in were a bit more tounge in cheek than others, like the Lois Lane comics.

Edited by BlueStar

and a lot of the covers will be designed to make you go "Huh? Superman wouldn't do that, I wonder what that's all about"

and seeing as Superman is basically invulnerable they have to make him weak some other way, i.e. making posessed, or brain washed etc. hence a lot of the covers.