Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Green Street

Weak as piss marra! Weak as piss

141943[/snapback]

I thought it was good. :nufc:

141995[/snapback]

Footy Factory all the way :D

My daughter had a day off school today so we watched Back to the Future and then Raiders of the lost ark, it was the first time she had seen either of them, clearly she gained far more from watching those than she could have from being at school today !

141916[/snapback]

Excellent parenting. :D

141991[/snapback]

Aye, Physics and History lessons and some fun too. :nufc:

My daughter had a day off school today so we watched Back to the Future and then Raiders of the lost ark, it was the first time she had seen either of them, clearly she gained far more from watching those than she could have from being at school today !

141916[/snapback]

Excellent parenting. :(

141991[/snapback]

142002[/snapback]

You've got me thinking what films I have to make sure my bairns see while they're young enough to really enjoy them. So far (in addition to those you mention) I've got...

The Kid

Toy Story x 2

The Goonies

The Incredibles

Shaolin Soccer

Rocky

Spirited Away

Star Wars

The Ten Commandments

The Wizard of Oz

Mary Poppins

ET

The Iron Giant

Willy Wonka

Watership Down

Ferris Buellers Day Off

The Champ

I'm sure I'm missing loads though. :D

The Proposition - They don't make enough westerns any more. This is an excellent Aussie film (written by Nick Cave of the Bad Seeds). Some moments of horrible violence, so the sqeamish might want to avoid it, but otherwise I recommend.

141916[/snapback]

Excellent parenting. :D

141991[/snapback]

142002[/snapback]

You've got me thinking what films I have to make sure my bairns see while they're young enough to really enjoy them. So far (in addition to those you mention) I've got...

The Kid

Toy Story x 2

The Goonies

The Incredibles

Shaolin Soccer

Rocky

Spirited Away

Star Wars

The Ten Commandments

The Wizard of Oz

Mary Poppins

ET

The Iron Giant

Willy Wonka

Watership Down

Ferris Buellers Day Off

The Champ

I'm sure I'm missing loads though. :(

The Proposition - They don't make enough westerns any more. This is an excellent Aussie film (written by Nick Cave of the Bad Seeds). Some moments of horrible violence, so the sqeamish might want to avoid it, but otherwise I recommend.

142031[/snapback]

There are a few on your list that I've got for their DVD collection

Others I've got for them are

Jason and the Argonaughts

Moby Dick

Sindbad

peterpan

Can't wait to be able to show them Gladiator

and Die Hard :D

Jeepers Creepers.

What utter shit. I only rented it because I thought it was meant to be shit scary. I've been more scared by Fearne Britton whilst eating me granola in the morning.  :nufc:

142304[/snapback]

I thought that film had potential for the first 45mins and then it went seriously down hill, bit like From Dusk till dawn.

Jeepers Creepers.

What utter shit. I only rented it because I thought it was meant to be shit scary. I've been more scared by Fearne Britton whilst eating me granola in the morning.  :nufc:

142304[/snapback]

I thought that film had potential for the first 45mins and then it went seriously down hill, bit like From Dusk till dawn.

142307[/snapback]

I actually quite enjoyed most of it until he turned into spyro the dragon. :D

Jeepers Creepers.

142304[/snapback]

142307[/snapback]

I actually quite enjoyed most of it until he turned into spyro the dragon. :D

142309[/snapback]

I'd given up after he started snogging the policeman's head.

It wasn't ghastly it was just gay.

Agree it did start well. :(

Guest alex
I was dragged kicking and screaming to see The Da Vinci Code on Saturday. It's better than the book, which really isn't saying much. Good performance by Ian Mckellan though.

142407[/snapback]

Fans of the book have slated it, which really isn't saying much :nufc:

Advent Children.

I'm a big fan of FF7 so when me mate said "you wanna watch Advent Children" last night I was all for it. I thought it was great, the fight scenes were breathtaking and to think it's all CGI is astounding! :nufc:

Only gripe though was Cait Sith. 1) Where was his mog? 2) Why was he SCOTTISH????? :D

I was dragged kicking and screaming to see The Da Vinci Code on Saturday. It's better than the book, which really isn't saying much. Good performance by Ian Mckellan though.

142407[/snapback]

142663[/snapback]

I haven't found a film so unintentionally humerous since The Day After Tomorrrow. The highlight was my girlfriend shitting herself when the albino twatted the nun, the bloke behind us as pissing himself.

Don't the think the cleaners were pleased like. :D

Boogie Nights the first?

142750[/snapback]

Exactamundo.

Apparently Superman returns has a CGI groin so I look forward to seeing where that stands in the proud tradition of fake genitalia films.

142407[/snapback]

142663[/snapback]

I haven't found a film so unintentionally humerous since The Day After Tomorrrow. The highlight was my girlfriend shitting herself when the albino twatted the nun, the bloke behind us as pissing himself.

Don't the think the cleaners were pleased like. :D

142752[/snapback]

Replace humourous with bored shitless and I will agree with you...

United 93: Really good. :lol:

Scary Movie 4: Really fuckin' bad. :lol:

When a Stranger Calls: Reasonable (not as bad as some of the reviews I've read) but left with far too many questions at the end, none of them ones that you really care to know the answer to.. but shey should've included it in the film.

United 93: Really good. :lol:

I'm quite looking forward to seeing this having read lots of differing reviews/opinions of it.

Oh and Scary Movie 4 was so bad it was good! :lol:

just finished watching the da vinci code.

pretty good stuff - must be identical to the book, scene by scene, paragraph by paragraph

144836[/snapback]

While not quite as bad as people would have me think, it wasn't that great either. At least it had a sense of humour about itself. I'm paraphrasing lines here, but near the end characters saying things like "this is getting ridiculously absurd now", and "when will this shit end" struck me as quite hilarious. It had more endings than Return of the King and gave audience assistance no-one needed (once we've seen them in the back of the car, who couldn't work out they got out of the plane and into the car?). It seemed a lot longer than it's unnecessary 2 hours 40 minutes.

Unlike Barry Lyndon which flew by. Amazing that it's 20 minutes longer than Da Vinci and I was never bored once.

just finished watching the da vinci code.

pretty good stuff - must be identical to the book, scene by scene, paragraph by paragraph

144836[/snapback]

It's very different to the book in numerous places actually.