Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

just finished watching the da vinci code.

pretty good stuff - must be identical to the book, scene by scene, paragraph by paragraph

144836[/snapback]

It's very different to the book in numerous places actually.

144847[/snapback]

its been a while since i read the book tbh :lol:

The goonies - fave film ever, seen it silly amount of times

UFC - not strictly a film but been watching Ian Freeman of Sunderland fighting. Looks like a born nutcase if i ever saw one!

V, The mini series - classic show

Perfect Storm - Tonight on TV, quite like it for some reason, dont know why!

pretty good stuff - must be identical to the book, scene by scene, paragraph by paragraph

144836[/snapback]

144847[/snapback]

Not different enough for my liking.

My highlight (apart from the obvious 'we need to find a library - and fast') was the bits where he'd stare at a phrase and the letters would light up. Is he one of the X-Men or something? "Quick Bobby, use your crypto-vision to solve it". :lol:

144836[/snapback]

144847[/snapback]

Not different enough for my liking.

My highlight (apart from the obvious 'we need to find a library - and fast') was the bits where he'd stare at a phrase and the letters would light up. Is he one of the X-Men or something? "Quick Bobby, use your crypto-vision to solve it". :lol:

144863[/snapback]

:lol:

That was mint, as was the idea that he could use a phone web browser to find where they needed to be. If it's anything like mine, they'd still be trying now, those things are beyond shite. :rolleyes:

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

Fan-bloody-tastic. Even though it's won a shitload of awards and is probably the best film of last year, still it gets very limited coverage because it wasn't nominated for any oscars.

Set on the Texas/Mexico border, Tommy Lee Jones is a farmer. When one of his illegal immigrant workers gets unintentionally killed by a border patrol no-one is willing to do anything about it. Jones gets justice his own way on behalf of Melquiades.

Cross Unforgiven with Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia and you get something approximating the tone of this film. The fact that Tommy Lee Jones is a better actor than Clint Eastwood and a better director than Sam Pekinpah elevates it above both.

Guest alex

Versus. I'm a fan of Japanese films often but this was shite. It had some entertainment value in that it was so cheesy but basically it was cheap, muddled, badly acted and just plain daft. It got a few laughs but I can't help thinking the joke was on me for renting it.

Versus. I'm a fan of Japanese films often but this was shite. It had some entertainment value in that it was so cheesy but basically it was cheap, muddled, badly acted and just plain daft. It got a few laughs but I can't help thinking the joke was on me for renting it.

145269[/snapback]

That the one with the vampires in trench coats?

A Jap film fan I know keeps telling me to watch it but I've always thought it looked shite.

Wossy waves about it though.

Guest alex

145269[/snapback]

:blink:

That the one with the vampires in trench coats?

A Jap film fan I know keeps telling me to watch it but I've always thought it looked shite.

Wossy waves about it though.

145275[/snapback]

Aye, that's the one. It could have been good but it so cheap man. Some cheap films have a lot of charm but this one didn't really. Like I said though, it's canny funny and the two hours only dragged a bit. Not one I'd recommend though. A mate told me to get it out and the same lad had the cheek to tell me he thought 'Old Boy' was crap. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Cradle of Fear

Fuck me, look past the terrible camera and first anthology, then you have a rather chilling horror flick!

Not meant to be taken seriously obviously, but "The Sick Room" skit is vile!

If you're a Cradle of Filth fan, or want to watch one of those movies that are so shite they're brilliant, then it's a must see!

The last movie in which i seen was Hostel and I must say it was fucking awful. Really woeful and bland story backed up by really poor acting. I would be ashamed if my name was put on the movie; especially Quentin Tarantino.

Constantine -Not great, but if you have a 8 hour bus journey it helps pass the time...

I-Robot - Quite good i thought. All ways been a fan of Will Smith though.

Hostage - I thought it was really good, but I was not sure if this was in comparison to having just seen Constantine or not. Plus Bruce Willis never jumped over a table.

Well Ive been to see that Hard Candy at the cinema today...

Not fantastic but ok, as for you fellas out there though it could be uncomfortable to watch in bits....quite literally !

Well Ive been to see that Hard Candy at the cinema today...

Not fantastic but ok, as for you fellas out there though it could be uncomfortable to watch in bits....quite literally !

:D

151921[/snapback]

My girlfriend wants to go see that, she better not get any ideas. :lol:

The Goonies, quality, they certainly don't make them like they used to

152509[/snapback]

Pirates of the Carribean?

Did you get the DVD? The scene they cut with the octopus was dire. I've never cringed so much.

• 2 weeks later...

The New World

Fantastic cinematography, but dreadfuly boring, with boringly sentimental monologues, Colin Farrell once again demonstrates his ability to do any accent as long as it's Irish.

He's not even particularly good at that.

155466[/snapback]

When it comes to accent's he's fast becoming the new Sean Connery.

The New World

Fantastic cinematography, but dreadfuly boring, with boringly sentimental monologues, Colin Farrell once again demonstrates his ability to do any accent as long as it's Irish.

155464[/snapback]

How embarassing was it that when he was playing Alexander the great that they made all the macedonians talk with Irish accents to match him. One of the stupidest decisions i've seen in films, alogn with actually releasing Alexander at all as it was a dull pile of shite!

with Alexander, did you not feel that they rammed the fact that he was gay down your throat (no pun intended) at every opportunity?

I also thought Alexander was supposed to be a charismatic leader... Farrel was anything but.