Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Tyson

An outstanding documentary, a 90 minute monologue where Tyson bares his soul and inner demons in amazing frankness.

Watchmen

Was dreading the length of it, but was shuffling in my seat a lot less than I thought I would be.

A cross between V for Vendetta and The Incredibles, it's far better than 300. The proper 80's sex scene was hilarious, never seen owt like that for twenty years.

Caught Shaun of the Dead on Comedy Central over the weekend. I had forgotten how funny that movie is.

Also caught Pitch Black on SciFi. Not nearly as good as I'd remembered it.

Dusted down my old VHS copy of Little Shop Of Horrors the other night (the 1986 musical version). It's still a great watch, a tongue-in-cheek delight from start to finish. The Steve Martin/Bill Murray dentist scene is one of my favourite bits of any film ever. Superb casting, especially Levi Stubbs as the voice of Audrey II (an ever-expanding man-eating alien plant, for anyone who's not seen it :mellow:)

Any of you young 'uns who've not seen this gem should get it watched.

Stage musicals are not my thing. It's one of those shows that's just become a staple down the years. The version I mention is brilliant as much for the performances as anything else (Ellen Greene, Rick Moranis, Steve Martin, John Candy, John Belushi, Levi Stubbs and that brilliant three-girl soul chorus that runs right through it). This touring version might be alright for some I guess but I'd probably hate it.

Tyson

n2lwli.jpg

A very frank, honest and moving portray of the man, by the man. Not some heavy on actual boxing footage, but more so Tyson speaking of the events througout his life in chronological order. Something which I found quite fortifying, simply because we've all seen the footage several times before and it was good to see this documentaries take on things from a different perspective.

I must admit I found his honesty very forthcoming, in particular saying how he just kept on fighting for the money, his take on the Holyfield fight, and particular how he hadn't actually enjoyed fighting since 1991. Plus his insistence to this day that he's still innocent, and never actually committed the rape he was locked away for. Also he has a vocabulary that Alex would be proud of. :lol:

Plus it was good to see him call Don King a wretched, reptilian motherfucker! :lol:

I just watched Tyson last night in all, quality.

The Don King bit was ace he also seemed to refuse to say that diseree washington's name can't remember what he called her :lol: like 2J says he was completely frank and open about his life.

I loved the Tyson movie, can't wait to watch it again, I put the Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits DVD on last night for a bit of nostalgia.

The Player 9/10. I watched it years ago when I was about fifteen and didn't really think much of it. What a tit I was as this is an absolutely brilliant film. I'm not a massive fan of Altman but this probably just beats out The Long Goodbye as my favourite of his. Great stuff.

Monsters vs Aliens 7.5/10. Thoroughly enjoyable although not as much fun as Bolt for me. Seth Rogans B.O.B. was class though.

The Greatest Story Ever Told is on 4. Worth watching just for John Wayne as the Centurion.

Nice ava.

My favourite Bergmnan :lol:

Only watched it for the first time recently. I loved it.

I've been given a copy of The Eye and I don't know whether to watch it or not. Just sounds like a fairly average thriller/horror.

Anyone seen it?

The one with Jessica Alba or Asian one? Saw the Asian one a few years back... It was aiight. If you like asian horror movies, you'll dig it.

I've been given a copy of The Eye and I don't know whether to watch it or not. Just sounds like a fairly average thriller/horror.

Anyone seen it?

The one with Jessica Alba or Asian one? Saw the Asian one a few years back... It was aiight. If you like asian horror movies, you'll dig it.

Aye, the Jessica Alba one. I'm not that big of a horror fan anyways so I'll probably give it a miss

Withnail and I

Really fancy a Camberwell Carrot now.

I'd be worried if you said you fancied drinking lighter fuel

:lol: