Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Gran torino - reputedly Eastwood's swan song. This being the case I can't help feeling disappointed. It's a good film but is just too predictable and didn't really connect with me on an emotional or intellectual level. I know I'll forget it in no time.

7/10.

Gran torino - reputedly Eastwood's swan song. This being the case I can't help feeling disappointed. It's a good film but is just too predictable and didn't really connect with me on an emotional or intellectual level. I know I'll forget it in no time.

7/10.

I'm glad I saw it before the hype started, I really enjoyed it but fell short of being great.

Love Actually

Collection of short stories about love in different guises. Unrequited, platonic, burgeoning, dwindling, young, familial, fantasy....

Far too many stories in the end though. That wifey whose brother was hospitalised. Her story didn't relate to anyone else's whatsoever and she must have got a total of 3 minutes screen time.

As much of a christmas cash in as the novelty single it's built around.

In my favourite top 10 films of all time and a family "must watch" every christmas.

How many films you seen? 9? :baby:

Love Actually

Collection of short stories about love in different guises. Unrequited, platonic, burgeoning, dwindling, young, familial, fantasy....

Far too many stories in the end though. That wifey whose brother was hospitalised. Her story didn't relate to anyone else's whatsoever and she must have got a total of 3 minutes screen time.

In my favourite top 10 films of all time and a family "must watch" every christmas.

How many films you seen? 9? :baby:

He must be to busy taxing people about that he only gets to watch one every other x-mas.

Love Actually

In my favourite top 10 films of all time and a family "must watch" every christmas. One of Richard Curtis's finest moments.

Still a virgin then?

Love Actually

In my favourite top 10 films of all time and a family "must watch" every christmas. One of Richard Curtis's finest moments.

Hey, I'll stick up for Love Actually too. Lols... it's one of the few movies my wife breaks out when it's her turn to pick that doesn't make me die inside. I mean, it's a rom-com, so guys aren't supposed to like it, but it does have some pretty hilarious moments in it.

Would I rather watch Memento or something? Sure, but if I have to watch a rom-com, it'd be that one before anything else. You want to talk about an entire genre of film that is at least 99% shite? Rom-coms. American action movies are a close second.

Love Actually

Hey, I'll stick up for Love Actually too. Lols... it's one of the few movies my wife breaks out when it's her turn to pick that doesn't make me die inside. I mean, it's a rom-com, so guys aren't supposed to like it, but it does have some pretty hilarious moments in it.

Would I rather watch Memento or something? Sure, but if I have to watch a rom-com, it'd be that one before anything else. You want to talk about an entire genre of film that is at least 99% shite? Rom-coms. American action movies are a close second.

B)

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

I'm amazed anyone would consider Love Actually before any of those.

Edited by Happy Face

Love Actually

B)

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

OOooo that's a nice list. Take the third and last one out and we're talking.

Love Actually

B)

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

True Romance is a romantic comedy? True Romance as in Clarence and Alabama? True Romance as in, "It's better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it?" True Romance? That's not a fucking romantic comedy.

I don't think Princess Bride or Groundhog Day is either really, I'd say they're just comedy, personally.

Rest of that list- fuck off Woody Allen. Lols. :angry: Tootsie? Christ.

Love Actually

:angry:

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

Eternal Sunshine isn't a rom com like. B)

Love Actually

B)

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

True Romance is a romantic comedy? True Romance as in Clarence and Alabama? True Romance as in, "It's better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it?" True Romance? That's not a fucking romantic comedy.

I don't think Princess Bride or Groundhog Day is either really, I'd say they're just comedy, personally.

Rest of that list- fuck off Woody Allen. Lols. :angry: Tootsie? Christ.

They're funny and they're based around romance.

Love Actually

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

Hated that film along with my all time worst ever movie, open water

I'd expect nothing more from a Love Actually fan.

Love Actually

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

Pipe down rub-a-dub.

They're all funny films about romance.

Watched the John Lennon: Imagine DVD earlier on today. Absolutely fantastic, loved how they had Lennon narrating it using old voice clips of his that were relevant to certain periods in his life.

Was almost in tears when this bit came on like. :lol:

Love Actually

:lol:

Rom Coms are great.

The Apartment

Groundhog Day

Tootsie

Eternal Sunshine

His Girl Friday

Annie Hall

Manhattan

My Sassy Girl

True Romance

Princess Bride

etc.

Rest of that list- fuck off Woody Allen. Lols. :lol: Tootsie? Christ.

Manhattan and Annie Hall are two of the greatest romantic comedies ever made.

Nosferatu The Vampire 5/10. Not getting the Herzog love at all after this and Fitzcarraldo. Far too plodding for a Dracula film but at least the Kinski and Hitler were good in it. TBF there were some good scenes but just too intermitant.

Killer Of Sheep 6/10. Don't really go for films with no narrative and films about the drudgery of everyday life are always going to stuggle to be thrilling but this was pretty well done considering it was made by amateurs.

Edited by David Kelly

Having a Tarantino day.

Just watched Reservoir dogs and about to watch Dusk til Dawn.

The guy is a genius and his scripts are just delicious. "Somebody's shoved a red-hot poker up our ass, and I want to know whose name is on the handle!"

Hadnt watched this for about 4 or 5 years and its strange with truly great films how you think you know them, yet theres so much you forget. For example I tottaly forgot who the rat was and all about the four cops in the netty.

Highly reccomended

Most of his stuff is highly derivative and shit.

Having a Tarantino day.

Just watched Reservoir dogs and about to watch Dusk til Dawn.

The guy is a genius and his scripts are just delicious. "Somebody's shoved a red-hot poker up our ass, and I want to know whose name is on the handle!"

Hadnt watched this for about 4 or 5 years and its strange with truly great films how you think you know them, yet theres so much you forget. For example I tottaly forgot who the rat was and all about the four cops in the netty.

Highly reccomended

Most of his stuff is highly derivative and shit.

Aren't you a Guy Ritchie fan? :lol: