Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Metropolis 9/10. Easily the best silent film I've seen with the only flaw being the acting of the main bloke. Crying shame they are missing bits of it.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry485986

:icon_lol:

Well I was just taking the work of that DVD I got from you :scratchhead:

Gun Crazy - 8/10 Bonnie and Clyde style film from 1950 except it's much better than Bonnie & Clyde.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's very overrated.

I watched 'La Strada' last night. :dancing::aye:

I'm soft as shite me like.

Metropolis 9/10. Easily the best silent film I've seen with the only flaw being the acting of the main bloke. Crying shame they are missing bits of it.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry485986

:dancing:

Well I was just taking the work of that DVD I got from you :icon_lol:

Gun Crazy - 8/10 Bonnie and Clyde style film from 1950 except it's much better than Bonnie & Clyde.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's very overrated.

I watched 'La Strada' last night. :dancing::aye:

I'm soft as shite me like.

I can see that by your Wild Strawberries av. :scratchhead:

Bolt

Buzz Lightyear was believable as a toy who thinks he's a real space hero because he comes fresh out the box like that. Bolt is supposed to believe he's a superhero because an entire studio has been dedicated to making him think that since he was born, going so far as to shoot the TV show he stars in in real time including all his super power effects. It's just a kids film, but it's that kind of unbelievable forcing of a square peg into a round hole (as well as the associated lack of originality) that means it's just a good kids cartoon rather than a great comedy for people of all ages.

The Hamster is funny though.

"I'll get a ladder" :aye:

I really enjoyed Bolt. Yes it's just more of the same odd couple buddy comedy stuff and it isn't as good as Toy Story but it's still funny.

Wolverine. If you like that kinda flick, then its pretty good. Easy to watch, simple plot. Pretty good all round action movie.

Wolverine. If you like that kinda flick, then its pretty good. Easy to watch, simple plot. Pretty good all round action movie.

I saw it last night, thought it was a pile of shite. And Captain Picard's appearance at the end was just too nonce-like. Had those kids never heard of Stranger Danger? Still, if you liking wanking over comics then you'll probably enjoy it.

The Element of Crime.

Bought the trilogy the other day for 8 euros. Not got my head round it yet.

Continuing with Michael Elphick, watched The Elephant Man on TMC2 on saturday. Fabulous film.

Kagemusha 8/10. Sky +'d it ages ago but stuggled to get past the first ten minutes but glad I did now as it's a cracking film and probably the best Kurasowa I've seen.

Ace In The Hole 8/10. Kirk Douglas is brilliant as a bitter self centred reporter.

The Good German 7/10. Good modern noir with Clooney taking a canny kicking from Spiderman.

The Palm Beach Story 9/10. Brilliant screwball comedy from Preston Sturgess.

I saw it last night, thought it was a pile of shite. And Captain Picard's appearance at the end was just too nonce-like. Had those kids never heard of Stranger Danger? Still, if you liking wanking over comics then you'll probably enjoy it.

:D Every time I see you critique a comic book movie, you say you hate it... why the fuck do you keep going to seem them you plank?

:D Every time I see you critique a comic book movie, you say you hate it... why the fuck do you keep going to seem them you plank?

Load of my friends were going, some of whom I hadn't seen in a while. I'm a sociable chap. Besides, I did actually like the other X-Men films. I think the last one I saw in a cinema was Spiderman 2 btw.

Load of my friends were going, some of whom I hadn't seen in a while. I'm a sociable chap. Besides, I did actually like the other X-Men films. I think the last one I saw in a cinema was Spiderman 2 btw.

I think the bar is being raised a lot quicker than the big production houses realise.

Dark Knight and Iron Man are two very different movies but they're the benchmark now.

Watched all of the three Pusher films as recommended by someone on here. I thought they were quality.

I'd be very appreciative of any similar recommendations.

I've not seen it but Bronson is by the same director.

Guest alex
Watched all of the three Pusher films as recommended by someone on here. I thought they were quality.

As is Bleeder iirc.

Guest alex
Oldboy.

:o

Watched Lady Vengence last night. :lol:

Both of them are class. I must get round to watching Mr Vengence

Very good as well. Depressing as fuck like. Oldboy is the best of the 3 though, obviously.

As is Bleeder iirc.

Thanks lads, will give them both a try.

The Lives of Others

Good film, as it shows how banal and dull life for Stasi agents were, and how corrupting the system had become. There was a numbing atmosphere about the film.

Have to break into my Infernal Affairs Trilogy soon, although I might end up watching Downfall again.