Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Prince of Persia, okay. Not as good as the games though.

I'm sure I thought Gemma Arterton was hotter than she was in this.

I put this off after 20 minutes the other night. I thought to myself "You're better than this, you sexy beast."

I am and so are you khay.

I turned Robin Hood off after less than 10 minutes if that makes you feel better.

A little bit, aye. I'm disgusted with myself for going to see Scream tonight.

My first ever Orange Wednesday and I still feel like I got ripped off.

Not so bad that it was half price. I'm sure it was not your choice and it was appeasement.

A little bit, aye. I'm disgusted with myself for going to see Scream tonight.

My first ever Orange Wednesday and I still feel like I got ripped off.

Not so bad that it was half price. I'm sure it was not your choice and it was appeasement.

:lol: Err....I mean yeah, that's right.

Sexy Beast . Was on Film4 other night and i got drawn in.

Seen it a few times - love Ben Kingsley in it and there's something about the general 'sparseness' of it i like.

Only just realised it's UNKLE doing some of the soundtrack too :lol: - which is never a bad thing .

"yes yes yes yes yes yes"

You'd probably like The Proposition for similar reasons if you haven't seen it.

Falling Down amazing.

Brick Wasn't keen despite Joseph Gordon Levitt(sp)

25th Hour Good. Not great or anything

Wasn't keen on Brick despite Joseph Gordon Levitt(sp). The other 2 were good though.

Guest alex

I really liked 25th Hour, Barney. Falling Down is brilliant though, I agree. Sexy Beast is great too. Kingsley is fantastic.

Edited by alex

I really liked 25th Hour, Barney. Falling Down is brilliant though, I agree. Sexy Beast is great too. Kingsley is fantastic.

Regarding 25th hour, the missus took a 40minute phone call during it, which fucked it up for me a bit. I did like it though-my opinion on Edward Norton varies greatly from film to film too.

Sexy Beast was fantastic-Ben Kingsley was majestic in it. Can't believe I hadn't seen it before.

Watched the Planet of the Apes, for the first time ever.

And it was pretty good! For a big blockbuster, I liked the way it questioned what (at the time it was made—1968) would have been a fairly controversial topic (creationism/evolution).

It made me think that a similar size production (that would now cost upwards of 100 million dollars) wouldn't now get made if it also had (for 2011) a controversial topic as a major theme. A major Hollywood studio would be too afraid to spend the money on it. :(

I've also got Soylent Green lined up to watch next. Too bad I already know the big reveal ... (as I did too for Planet of the Apes)

Edited by dbsweeney

Cack!

You should have known that just by reading the name above the title!

indeed she is terrible but I know someone who is friends with the director and they swayed me to watch it unfortunately...

Followed it up with this which was better but by no means great:

Lenticular_packshot.gif

And it was pretty good! For a big blockbuster, I liked the way it questioned what (at the time it was made—1968) would have been a fairly controversial topic (creationism/evolution).

It made me think that a similar size production (that would now cost upwards of 100 million dollars) wouldn't now get made if it also had (for 2011) a controversial topic as a major theme. A major Hollywood studio would be too afraid to spend the money on it. :(

I've also got Soylent Green lined up to watch next. Too bad I already know the big reveal ... (as I did too for Planet of the Apes)

Soylent Green is class. you seen Omga man mate?. Another top sci-fi with Charlie Heston

Guest alex

Soylent Green is class. you seen Omga man mate?. Another top sci-fi with Charlie Heston

Omega Man is the original film version of I am Legend. I haven't seen the Will Smith version like but the book is good.

Faster : revenge flick with the Rock. 6.5/10

I've been known to enjoy a mindless action film on occasion.

Collateral : I love this film. The casting, soundtrack and pacing make this one of my all-time favourites. 9.5/10