Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Remembered a bit more.....

Think the films starts with an extra terrestrial crash in a field and a young couple in a pick up find it and bring it back to the town. This is the cause of the sudden deaths of the towns folk, queue the marines. :lol:

How old is the film?

would guess within 10 years old.

It sounds kinda like the start of the novel 'The Midwich Cuckoos'. It think it was once filmed as 'Village of the Damned'.

Kids_votd1995.jpg

Edited by dbsweeney

Submarine - really liked it but not gonna be everyones cup of tea. 8/10

The Lincoln Lawyer - enjoyable tosh if you can see past the always piss poor Ryan Phillippe (yes he's even worse than Matthew McWhatshisface). 6.5/10

You're like a bad smell. Bet you loved NEDs didnt you? Right up there with Green Street and The Football Factory

I'm not having a dig but I don't see what social class has to do with which films you should and shouldn't like. Do you think Royalty are supposed to like Trainspotting?? I bet Liz and old Phil had the truffles and cognac out watching it in 1996. "One feels Begbie's a bit of a cunt". I think you're basically saying working class bamps like a certain type of film, which generalises more than someone saying muslims are all terrorists. I liked Football Factory because of how cringeworthy and removed from real life football violence the scenes were, and also the absolutely hilarious dialogue. A film is either good or it isn't. I can watch period drama's which you probably feel are targeted at middle class champions like yourself and I really enjoy them, by the same token, I can watch Rita, Sue and Bob too and think you know what it's a shit film but I really enjoyed that.

You're like a bad smell. Bet you loved NEDs didnt you? Right up there with Green Street and The Football Factory

I'm not having a dig but I don't see what social class has to do with which films you should and shouldn't like. Do you think Royalty are supposed to like Trainspotting?? I bet Liz and old Phil had the truffles and cognac out watching it in 1996. "One feels Begbie's a bit of a cunt". I think you're basically saying working class bamps like a certain type of film, which generalises more than someone saying muslims are all terrorists. I liked Football Factory because of how cringeworthy and removed from real life football violence the scenes were, and also the absolutely hilarious dialogue. A film is either good or it isn't. I can watch period drama's which you probably feel are targeted at middle class champions like yourself and I really enjoy them, by the same token, I can watch Rita, Sue and Bob too and think you know what it's a shit film but I really enjoyed that.

Is that in a 'so bad it's good' way Stevie? You can't top Steven Seagal films on that front. Under Seige 2 and Belly of the Beast are bang on for that.

I'm going to have to root around to try and find my copy of Frost/Nixon. Haven't got round to that yet.

Is that in a 'so bad it's good' way Stevie? You can't top Steven Seagal films on that front. Under Seige 2 and Belly of the Beast are bang on for that.

I'm going to have to root around to try and find my copy of Frost/Nixon. Haven't got round to that yet.

Aye kind of, like Lock Stock and Snatch to a point. One thing that someone who didn't know J69 could get from the above posts though, and that's the fact he's a snob.