Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye, a mate asked me what it’s like and I said imagine a cross between a building site and a prison, that stinks of oil, then fill it full of cunts who want to talk to you about how much money they’re on… all the fucking time :lol:

Other than that, they’re ok. 

• Haha 4

I remember doing my bosiet training and that and looking around the room and thinking every fucker here looks like they have done a 5 stretch for dealing. And they might be on the same rig as me

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Teeside riggers? At least half of them probably did. :lol:

Exactly. “Here go onto this rig and look after safety and major emergency management right, these lads here are who you will be explaining things to”. Nah you’re alright 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 04/01/2022 at 13:19, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m taking Fist Jnr. to see Spidrman; Too Far From Homecoming To Come Home, I’ll let you know if it’s anything other than the standard formulaic cack. 

Going to the Everyman though, so I can at least have a beer whilst enduring it. :lol:

i enjoyed the first two in this latest reboot series but this latest one was turbo wank. 

• Like 1

Aye, it was. :lol:

Nice to see the piss taking amongst the “other” spiderlads , but took way too long to get there. 
If you’re going to see a Spiderman film, you want to see Spiderman, thwipping about kicking fuck out of the baddies- not some fucking teenage angst bollocks for an hour before the suit even shows up. 

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Piper Alpha. 

Fucking terrible series of fuck ups. 

The poor blokes in the accommodation block… 

Jesus :( 

All set in motion because of a piece of paper. Terrible also that even after 2 explosions, there was still a 19 minute gap before the big one. Time in which you would have thought it could be evacuated. (With all the boats present).

I used to be hooked on “seconds from disaster” years ago. Good series the way they break it all down.

Horrible the dilemma in that canteen between following advice and staying put or trying to make your own way out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Jesus :( 

All set in motion because of a piece of paper. Terrible also that even after 2 explosions, there was still a 19 minute gap before the big one. Time in which you would have thought it could be evacuated. (With all the boats present).

I used to be hooked on “seconds from disaster” years ago. Good series the way they break it all down.

Horrible the dilemma in that canteen between following advice and staying put or trying to make your own way out.

Me too. Seconds from disaster was normally airplanes crashing wasn't it, or that might have been a different program? I've seen this one anyway. Banged up abroad was class as well. I used to like to vicariously live the life of a drug mule passing through customs. Didn't enjoy vicariously being bummed in a foreign prison so much mind. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Are they still at it? Didn’t one of them kill himself and his mate drunk driving? 

Aye.    :naughty:

On 20/06/2011 at 15:44, Monkeys Fist said:

Wasn't Wee Man....... they'd know :icon_lol:

On 21/06/2011 at 15:23, Monkeys Fist said:

Roasted In Porsche ?

• 1 month later...

In case anyone doesn't know, Boiling Point with Stephen Graham is already on Netflix. It's a one shot film 1 1/2 hours in length. Besides this fact it's okay, but knowing how it was made makes it a technical masterpiece, if nothing else. Has Stephen Graham ever done anything duff in his career? 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

In case anyone doesn't know, Boiling Point with Stephen Graham is already on Netflix. It's a one shot film 1 1/2 hours in length. Besides this fact it's okay, but knowing how it was made makes it a technical masterpiece, if nothing else. Has Stephen Graham ever done anything duff in his career? 

watched it the other night. boiling point was a good choice of title - i loved how frenetic it is. never lets up for the entire 90 minutes - brilliantly choreographed 

Moonfall lol/10

This didn’t pass my test as I virtually never watch anything rated below a 6/10 on IMDB.

But wife is away, my tea was ready so I chucked it on. It’s one of those films you shouldn’t put on in the first place but even if you do, you know you should turn it off pretty soon after.

Its amazing in this day and age that something so bad can pass all the tick boxes that allows a film to go forward.

Terrible script, acting, plot… Everything.

Avoid

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Moonfall lol/10

This didn’t pass my test as I virtually never watch anything rated below a 6/10 on IMDB.

But wife is away, my tea was ready so I chucked it on. It’s one of those films you shouldn’t put on in the first place but even if you do, you know you should turn it off pretty soon after.

Its amazing in this day and age that something so bad can pass all the tick boxes that allows a film to go forward.

Avoid

I thought Barry Norman was dead

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Moonfall lol/10

Avoid

I'll give it a go then. 

• Haha 5