Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Mr Brookes

Decent thriller, nice take on the psyche of serial killers. Demi Moore is weak in it, but Costner and the supporting actors do well enough to keep you content. and interested throughout.

suppose it could have just as easily been a two part made-for-tv movie though.

Just watched Fight Club for the second time. I thought it was decidedly average the first time I saw it, years back. Thought I was maybe missing something, so gave it another go. I wasn't missing anything.

Just watched Fight Club for the second time. I thought it was decidedly average the first time I saw it, years back. Thought I was maybe missing something, so gave it another go. I wasn't missing anything.

Tyler Durden is an aspect of the narrators own split personality.

:D Aye, and the film's still way overrated.

OMG RLY?!

Death Proof - I enjoyed it, pretty cool flick.

The title's a bit of a misnomer though eh?

:nufc:

Kinda, though not quite. It refers to the car as he explains at the start, stuff thats happens is outside of the car mainly.

Painted Veil

Brilliant. Still have yet to see Norton give a bad performance, this film was no exception.

Canny film. Your taste's improving I've noticed :nufc:

Street Kings.

Good police procedural which for me very much has a flavour of Training Day or Narc whilst also having quite a bit in common with LA Confidential (unsurprisingly since James Elroy wrote both storey's) with Reeve's role reminicent of Crowe's Bud White.

It's not groundbreaking or something that's going to break into anyones top 100 but it's definitely entertaining.

Infernal Affairs II and III.

Well I must say, I thought that was an absolutely cracking trilogy. Thought II was amazing and the best of the lot in my eyes, thought III was good, but not on the level of the first couple, it was a bit hard work at times.

Gone Baby Gone.

Terrible name (considering the subject mater) but a very promising directorial debut from Ben Afleck. I'm sure the ending won't appeal to a lot of people with the moral questions it raises rather than delivering an action payoff that many would expect but for me it makes it all the more interesting.

Another very strong performance from Casey Afleck who supported strongly by the ever dependable Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman, Amy Ryan as the bairns less than sympathetic mother is possibly the stand out performance though, making you want to slap her every time she's on the screen. Only Michelle Monaghan's character feels a little bit underdeveloped but that is a small critiscism.

It came out quite a while ago in America but was delayed here due to the McCann situation, and you can see why as there is an uncanny resemblence between the girl in the film and Madeline.

Well worth going to see.