Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

KERMODE IS A TWAT.

(trying to avoid spoilers. Apologies for coming off as vague)

I was listening to the latest 5 live podcast when somone writes in to say the boat scene in the Dark Knight was valuable to the movie for this reason and in less than a minute Mark Kermode reminds me why I dislike the fucker.

Basically he says "You're wrong. Because I think it would be like this. I'm just being a realist." Just complete dismissal! The arrogance of the man.

I'd go into it more but you'll have to listen to the podcast to know what I mean.

KERMODE IS A TWAT.

I was listening to the latest 5 live podcast when somone writes in to say the boat scene in the Dark Knight was valuable to the movie for this reason and in less than a minute Mark Kermode reminds me why I dislike the fucker.

Basically he says "You're wrong. Because I think it would be like this. I'm just being a realist." Just complete dismissal! The arrogance of the man.

I'd go into it more but you'll have to listen to the podcast to know what I mean.

Not really. His point was the scene shouldn't have been included at all, not that it should have resolved differently. The fact that it was unrealistic just added insult to injury for him.

KERMODE IS A TWAT.

Not really. His point was the scene shouldn't have been included at all, not that it should have resolved differently. The fact that it was unrealistic just added insult to injury for him.

Unrealistic? A man goes around dressed as a bat in a giant tank and the boat scene is unrealistic? :nufc:

Whilst I think it drags on a tad, I it's a great 'everyone's in danger and Bats has to save the day' style set-piece which also bringing Joker's philosophy to the 'fore. It's a nice mish-mash of the two.

However, Kermode's attitude comes off as a fingers in the ear "La-la-laa" type of argument. Wouldn't mind if he actually made an argument which made me think about the whole thing, but he didn't.

The twat. :rolleyes:

The Sorrow and the Pity

Classic documentary focused on the French town of Claremont before, during and following Nazi occupation. Citizens explain their actions from all sides whether actively involved with the resistance, informing on the resistance or doing nothing. The young Frenchman who (like thousands of others) went so far as to join the SS is particularly frank.

Made in 1968 it wasn't shown on French TV until 1981, amazing really that they were still trying to sweep under the carpet what went on until 35 years later.

Available for under £6 too, excellent value for 4 hours...

http://www.sendit.com/sendit/93147.product

The Sorrow and the Pity

Classic documentary focused on the French town of Claremont before, during and following Nazi occupation. Citizens explain their actions from all sides whether actively involved with the resistance, informing on the resistance or doing nothing. The young Frenchman who (like thousands of others) went so far as to join the SS is particularly frank.

Made in 1968 it wasn't shown on French TV until 1981, amazing really that they were still trying to sweep under the carpet what went on until 35 years later.

that's the film they go and see in Annie Hall isn't it?

The Sorrow and the Pity

Aye.

I put that on after. ;)

"Boy, those guys in the French Resistance were really brave, you know? Got to listen to Maurice Chevalier sing so much."

The Sorrow and the Pity

Aye.

I put that on after. :nufc:

"Boy, those guys in the French Resistance were really brave, you know? Got to listen to Maurice Chevalier sing so much."

;)