Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Dark Night - V.Good but not as good as some one here reckoned...you know who you are. Ledger put a good performance in as the Joker but it wasn't Oscar material. For me a cool 8/10

:D

How come Nolan's Gotham City changed from a gothic Metropolis style future (in Batman Begins), to present day Chicago (in The Dark Night)?

Was it really that Gothic? was only really Wayne Tower and the Monorail that was particularly Gothic in Batman Begins if you ask me. Both of them of Gothic because of the lighting and camera angles. The thing about Batman Begins that a lot of the Action happened at night or "in the narrows", The Dark Knight had the action in day light and on main streets.

How come Nolan's Gotham City changed from a gothic Metropolis style future (in Batman Begins), to present day Chicago (in The Dark Night)?

Was it really that Gothic? was only really Wayne Tower and the Monorail that was particularly Gothic in Batman Begins if you ask me. Both of them of Gothic because of the lighting and camera angles. The thing about Batman Begins that a lot of the Action happened at night or "in the narrows", The Dark Knight had the action in day light and on main streets.

Seemed like a pointed decision to me to move away from the traditional dark Batman of his first attempt (and moreso the Tim Burton ones) into a more recognisable cosmipolitan city. There's no reason Wayne Mansion and the Batcave couldn't have been rebuilt and used as the base in the latest installment, but he lived in a plush high rise Penthouse and the new batcave was more of a laboratory.

It's not a big critism like, just a noticably different (I hate to say it) Mise en scene. He probably wanted to make the comparisons to modern terrorism as pointed as possible so Gotham City had to look as much like any major city as it could to put the viewer in a recognisable location. Artistic license and that.

Seemed like a pointed decision to me to move away from the traditional dark Batman of his first attempt (and moreso the Tim Burton ones) into a more recognisable cosmipolitan city. There's no reason Wayne Mansion and the Batcave couldn't have been rebuilt and used as the base in the latest installment, but he lived in a plush high rise Penthouse and the new batcave was more of a laboratory.

It's not a big critism like, just a noticably different (I hate to say it) Mise en scene. He probably wanted to make the comparisons to modern terrorism as pointed as possible so Gotham City had to look as much like any major city as it could to put the viewer in a recognisable location. Artistic license and that.

Fair points all, I think the reason Wayne Manor and the Bat Cave weren't used is as you say. However, it was also interesting that the scenes and themes became dark when Batman was required to once more become the vigilante, the anti-hero. When he was almost accepted as part of the law enforcement regime the scenes and themes were pretty light, When the Joker forces Batman's return to cowled loner we see his tone and his actions become more violent.

of course we could be reading too much into a film...

Step Brothers - Laugh out loud and choke on your popcorn funny.

Rocknrolla - Good film typical Richie gangster flick. An old mate of mine is in it too, plays the Scottish junkie selling owt he can get his hands on. Knew it was him as soon as i saw him and was confirmed when the credits rolled.

Any Given Sunday

Loved it

Under performing team, undermined by its overly interfering owner, upsets charismatic manager......

sounds familiar.

Except it would of been an unnecessary sub-plot.

It's gone, the fact that it was destroyed was about throwing off the shackles of the Wayne legacy.

So why would he rebuild it?

Except it would of been an unnecessary sub-plot.

It's gone, the fact that it was destroyed was about throwing off the shackles of the Wayne legacy.

So why would he rebuild it?

Didn't someone in the film mention how it's being rebuilt? I thought with it being Batman, he'd work out of the Batcave.

I never said the film had to include Bruce Wayne's site visits and meetings with the foreman. It could have been rebuilt in the timeframe between films.

Any Given Sunday

Loved it

Under performing team, undermined by its overly interfering owner, upsets charismatic manager......

sounds familiar.

Yeah but I bet it had a happy ending. So its not that similar :thumbup:

Oh, and the new Mummy film. Shite.

I can't be bothered to give a review for any of them so titles and ratings.

Children Of Men. 8/10

Goal 2. 6/10

Equilibrium. 8/10

V for Vendetta. 8/10

Life on Mars Series one. 10/10