Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas - Great film that really did expose the shame that was felt at the time 8/10

Seven Pounds - Good ending, but my god was the plot slow? I'd worked out what was going on pretty early on and found myself wanting to hurry him up. Spoiled by the jellyfish though - put a massive hole in the plot. 6/10

Slumdog Millionaire - cleverly done - good all round film despite it seeming like The Usual Suspects meets Forrest Gump. 7/10

Kept seeing the advert for Gran Torino over the weekend. The advert tells you nothing, but still makes the film look class. :D

Might have to go see it now.

I really enjoyed it, not fantastic, but just a good film.

Kept seeing the advert for Gran Torino over the weekend. The advert tells you nothing, but still makes the film look class. :D

I really enjoyed it, not fantastic, but just a good film.

Same here, thought it was really good.

I've seen the adverts too, to me it smacks of Clint saying "look, I may be a hotshot director now but don't forget I'm a hard hard bastard". He looks a bit silly whispering the "most powerful handgun in the world" sort of shit when he should be queuing for his pension.

I've seen the adverts too, to me it smacks of Clint saying "look, I may be a hotshot director now but don't forget I'm a hard hard bastard". He looks a bit silly whispering the "most powerful handgun in the world" sort of shit when he should be queueing for his pension.

Tbh it is essentially a geriatric Dirty Harry, but good none the less.

Kept seeing the advert for Gran Torino over the weekend. The advert tells you nothing, but still makes the film look class. :)

I've seen the adverts too, to me it smacks of Clint saying "look, I may be a hotshot director now but don't forget I'm a hard hard bastard". He looks a bit silly whispering the "most powerful handgun in the world" sort of shit when he should be queueing for his pension.

That's what I assumed. :D

This inhaler will blow your head clean off...

Kept seeing the advert for Gran Torino over the weekend. The advert tells you nothing, but still makes the film look class. :)

Macho shit aside, I'd still recommend it.

The Transporter - :D

Oh my god... What a pile of complete bollocks. The acting is bad. All the foreigners speaking in perfect English only with only an accent sounds moronic. The music is so bad, some kind of low key understated thing but when all you do is notice the music all the time... that's a very bad sign. Title sounds stupid. Love the idea of him being this transporter guy but after about ten minutes in the film it's anecdotal what the guy does. Fight scenes are so poor, just filled with gimmicky and cliched moments but not at all in a good way, when they start fighting it's roll your eyes time every 5 seconds. Whoever "choreographed" the fight scenes clearly loves the smell of his own farts thinking "yeah, this is awesome"... that guy is a tosser.

Don't mind Statham at all in fact he's clearly aching to be a cool bad ass hero. But it's a weird thing, like the last 2 Bonds... Statham and Daniel Craig are having to fight against the elements of utter shit stories to be great.

... sadly I feel no rant can express truly how shit I thought The Transporter was. Luc Besson is such pile of commercial dogshit.

The Transporter - :D

Oh my god... What a pile of complete bollocks. The acting is bad. All the foreigners speaking in perfect English only with only an accent sounds moronic. The music is so bad, some kind of low key understated thing but when all you do is notice the music all the time... that's a very bad sign. Title sounds stupid. Love the idea of him being this transporter guy but after about ten minutes in the film it's anecdotal what the guy does. Fight scenes are so poor, just filled with gimmicky and cliched moments but not at all in a good way, when they start fighting it's roll your eyes time every 5 seconds. Whoever "choreographed" the fight scenes clearly loves the smell of his own farts thinking "yeah, this is awesome"... that guy is a tosser.

Don't mind Statham at all in fact he's clearly aching to be a cool bad ass hero. But it's a weird thing, like the last 2 Bonds... Statham and Daniel Craig are having to fight against the elements of utter shit stories to be great.

... sadly I feel no rant can express truly how shit I thought The Transporter was. Luc Besson is such pile of commercial dogshit.

Not his earlier stuff dear.

That's what he is now though.

I agree: Fifth Element, Leon... class. But Taxi 3 and 4 for example... :D

I've got Transporter 2 and 3 on stand by to be watched. Going to be tough.

My theory on French dir is that they get famous, start shagging too much and then lose the plot. :)

I've got Transporter 2 and 3 on stand by to be watched. Going to be tough.

I thought the Fifth Element was canny shite like. Leon is good though.

It's a good one Parkster. Re: Besson, forgot he'd done The Big Blue. Loved that. Nikita as well.

I've whacked it on the list. :D

The Big Blue. Sublime. Might put that on tonight. Good thinking Batman. :)

Macho shit aside, I'd still recommend it.

Cracking film tbh. I'd put it above Slumdog, The Wrestler and possibly Benjamin Button from this year.

Zodiac again.

Great fuckin' movie

Ain't seen it. :)

Is it any good though?

Aye I thought it was great, saw it at the cinema yonks ago which give me the added enjoyment of all the charvas going acka at the ending :D