Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Anchorman - Severley over-rated - 5/10.

Wrong.

Please try again.

Anchorman - Slightly humerous at times, at other times rather stupid - 7/10 ?

Wrong.

Please try again.

I suppose that's the best we can hope from you.

(Oh and it's humorous, but that really couldn't matter less.)

Wrong.

Please try again.

68 per cent of the time, Kevin's wrong all of the time.

Wrong.

Please try again.

I agree with Kevin actually. There were good parts, but it was a pretty average film. It certainly is no Airplane. I prefered the NASCAR one Will Ferrell did.

It was the first Ferrel one I saw, and I think that's why I like it more than his others. It's certainly more quotable than the others, which I suppose makes it a film that you seem to talk about more, afterwards.

This had dropped to the second page whilst HF is cavorting through the States. :lol:

I watched 'This is England' again last night. Third time I've seen it and it just gets better on each viewing. It's not long so anybody who hasn't seen this must give it a go.

I would have been almost exactly the same age as the protagonist so it really brings back the memories of what a shit time the 1980s was, but how I miss them in a perverse way. I read on wiki that a TV series starring the same characters is planned soon on Channel 4 - 4 episodes at first. It's set in 1986 which was the age I started drinking and fingering girls. Could be great, I can't wait.

Edge of Darkness

Very enjoyable, I missed the tv drama in the 80's so I don't know how this movie compares, but the thoroughly enjoyed this remake.

Edge of Darkness

Very enjoyable, I missed the tv drama in the 80's so I don't know how this movie compares, but the thoroughly enjoyed this remake.

Really? I thought it was utter drivel.

i saw mesrine part 1 recently. bit disappointed really after all the hype. didn't really show a human side of the lead at all. not really much to like about him. just typical gangster fare. i've got part 2 on blue ray topo but not sure i'll bother now. the mrs fell asleep during it. 5/10

on the flip side, i saw shutter island and i love you philip morris on the plane to the states recently and loved them both. i'd give them both solid 8/10s.

and invictus, which was good and had me on the verge of tears until the final scene, which dragged - 6/10

Edited by Dr Gloom

Wrong.

Please try again.

I agree with Kevin actually. There were good parts, but it was a pretty average film. It certainly is no Airplane. I prefered the NASCAR one Will Ferrell did.

Aye, it's nowt special iyam

I've read the book, and the film looked nothing like it from the trailer. I guess it is from the perspective of those who did the experiments and not the man who researched the stories and wrote the book.

My wife is now obsessed with Twilight, and the other books and films. Great. Vampires are so over rated.

I've read the book, and the film looked nothing like it from the trailer. I guess it is from the perspective of those who did the experiments and not the man who researched the stories and wrote the book.

My wife is now obsessed with Twilight, and the other books and films. Great. Vampires are so over rated.

Give True Blood a look.

Ali - for some reason I'd never seen it and as good as it was it ended way to early for me.

The post rumble in the jungle life of Ali although not as political, was just as important to the story of the champ.