Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

TED - Walked out before the end it was that bad. I thought comedies were supposed to be funny?

Lot's of jokes about gay people, black people, Jews, which is fair enough if you can pull it off like Sacha Baron Cohen. This felt like it was written by a bunch of 14year old charvers on the metro though.

TED - Walked out before the end it was that bad. I thought comedies were supposed to be funny?

Lot's of jokes about gay people, black people, Jews, which is fair enough if you can pull it off like Sacha Baron Cohen. This felt like it was written by a bunch of 14year old charvers on the metro though.

What do you expect from the guy who created and wrote Family Guy?

Ted - nowhere near as good as the word of mouth promised. A few funny moments, most of which you'll have already seen in the trailer or in preview clips but that's it.

Jackpot - based on a Jo Nesbo story. It's not breaking any new ground but I still really enjoyed it. If you liked Headhunters it's got the same very dark sense of humour so this may be up your street.

Prometheus - 5...packed with long discussion on scientific and pseudo religious mumbo jumbo with poorly conceived action scenes and little tension. Ridley Scott is clearly finished.

Dark Knight- 7....All the usual Batman moments directed in hack formula style by a dickhead.

Leaves me with 26 of the IMDB top 250 left to collect. Which one would you recommend most?

A Separation (2011)

Avengers Assemble (2012)

Beauty and the Beast (1991)

Black Swan (2010)

Gandhi (1982)

Good Will Hunting (1997)

In the Heat of the Night (1967)

It Happened One Night (1934)

La Strada (1954)

Let the Right One In (2008)

Mary and Max (2009)

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)

Platoon (1986)

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring(2003)

Stalag 17 (1953)

Stalker (1979)

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

The Grapes of Wrath (1940)

The Intouchables (2011)

The Philadelphia Story (1940)

The Secret in Their Eyes (2009)

The Thing (1982)

The Wrestler (2008)

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

Warrior (2011)

Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

Leaves me with 26 of the IMDB top 250 left to collect. Which one would you recommend most?

It Happened One Night (1934)

Let the Right One In (2008)

Platoon (1986)

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

The Philadelphia Story (1940)

The Thing (1982)

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

All of those are must haves tbh but if I had to pick one I'd go with The Philadelphia Story just ahead of The Thing and Twelve Monkeys.

I've watched the first half hour of Twelve Monkeys and had to turn it off. Think it's a Terry Gilliam thing. I thought Brazil was shite too.

I had to leave it on as I never got through it, but I think it'll be the last one I go back too.

Platoon is one of the ones I have already so Wykiki might get the nod here.

I love Twelve Monkeys and to a lesser extent Brazil but I'm certainly not a massive Gilliam fan. It's a film I keep noticing more in each time I watch it and I think most of the cast put in career best performances.

I haven't watched Platoon in ages so I might dig that out myself tonight.

Platoon (1986) 2

The Thing (1982) 8

The Wrestler (2008) 1

Twelve Monkeys (1995) 4

Stalker is going to be too long for you...I had to sit through it as I was writing summat about it...I've seen the John Carpenter version 8 times. :)

I love Twelve Monkeys and to a lesser extent Brazil but I'm certainly not a massive Gilliam fan. It's a film I keep noticing more in each time I watch it and I think most of the cast put in career best performances.

I haven't watched Platoon in ages so I might dig that out myself tonight.

There are so many ideas in Brazil.

I've watched the first half hour of Twelve Monkeys and had to turn it off. Think it's a Terry Gilliam thing. I thought Brazil was shite too.

I had to leave it on as I never got through it, but I think it'll be the last one I go back too.

Platoon is one of the ones I have already so Wykiki might get the nod here.

Too quirky??