Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wykikitoon

HR Experts

Recommended Posts

Tell your mate that if he doesnt want to actively manage the team, he should give you that responsibility. That way they can't say it's not your role. And you can come in tomorrow in aviators and a big fucking sheriff's badge and start laying down the new street law. 

 

"Reeeyyyyt lads. Thuz a new sheriff in town ah sed thuz a new sheriff in town."

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this morning has been interesting.

Young Tory boy has had an email he doesn't like and kicked off about it.  Called the gaffer (who isn't in) all sorts.  The line manager told him off etc.


Tory boy with a smirk has told him he wants to be careful as he will get so frustrated and do a USA High School massacre type of killing.  Said he would love to shoot him in the face.

Absolutely unhinged.

I would be safer working in Broadmoor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Well this morning has been interesting.

Young Tory boy has had an email he doesn't like and kicked off about it.  Called the gaffer (who isn't in) all sorts.  The line manager told him off etc.


Tory boy with a smirk has told him he wants to be careful as he will get so frustrated and do a USA High School massacre type of killing.  Said he would love to shoot him in the face.

Absolutely unhinged.

I would be safer working in Broadmoor!

 

How is that not a sackable offence? :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your storytelling priorities here. "I told him there'd be a General Election before the end of the year and the little bastard just refused to believe me. Also he said he was going to slit someone's throat"

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

 

Jokes aside, that is absolutely a sackable offence - report him to HR or threaten to raise a legal complaint with the company over work safety and he's gone.

 

I once sacked a lad who responded by threatening to punch me and hammering his fist into his open palm like some kind of comic book bully. I had him escorted off the premises with a threat of police action. Daft bastard. Still, emotions run high at times like that so I guess it's forgivable.

 

We had a separate lad who used to mutter about knifing people under his breath and I let him go as well, albeit for a few different reasons (the muttering itself was fairly constant, and without provocation or interaction with anyone else - needless to say it was alarming colleagues). I got one of the other managers to sit in on that sacking with me :lol: Tbf he took it better than the other lad, was no trouble at all.

Edited by Rayvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m getting a Tyler Durden vibe from all this.

 

Aye, he's probably self employed and works from home on his Jack Jones ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

 

Jokes aside, that is absolutely a sackable offence - report him to HR or threaten to raise a legal complaint with the company over work safety and he's gone.

We are only a small company and don't have a HR dept :lol:
 

I just looked at one of the lads who looked as stunned as me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We are only a small company and don't have a HR dept :lol:
 

I just looked at one of the lads who looked as stunned as me lol

 

We didn't either - we outsourced HR to a separate company (which might be worth a look for you guys tbh - it wasn't expensive and they kept us right in terms of the correct processes etc).

 

But if someone is threatening violence, that's gross misconduct. No arguments there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I’m getting a Tyler Durden vibe from all this.

:lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

 

How is that not a sackable offence? :lol: 

There's a manager at my place, a bit like a Vulcan but with a personality not even as warm as a Vulcan's. He was doing some kind of appraisal and slagging an old timer off. After he'd finished his lecture he gave a company line asking if there's anything he could do to help the by now, pissed off old timer. The old timer's one word, deadpan response of 'die' got him sacked.* :lol:

 

*He might've got it downgraded on an appeal but I think he'd had enough, (plenty of managers like Spock here).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, Wykiki should do a periodical blog or something, 'Tales from the office'. I love reading his posts about it. :lol: :lol:

 

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

By the way, Wykiki should do a periodical blog or something, 'Tales from the office'. I love reading his posts about it. :lol: :lol:

 

 

Agreed! :lol:

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So your boss goes to his boss and complains the whole team is a bunch of knackers and asks how to sort them out?

 

The quick answer is to get a new boss that is a decent leader and can manage the different personalities in the team.

 

A lot quicker than trying to find an entire new team anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So your boss goes to his boss and complains the whole team is a bunch of knackers and asks how to sort them out?

 

The quick answer is to get a new boss that is a decent leader and can manage the different personalities in the team.

 

A lot quicker than trying to find an entire new team anyway

Basically the lad who is supposed to be in charge. Isn't. He's lacking some skills. Which as a friend I am very disappointed in. 

 

My head is fried just trying to think how someone can 'joke' about coming into a workplace with an assault rifle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i have been offered a job after an interview tonight, so buzzing.

It's the first one I have been asked for references.  I have asked one of my old gaffers at my last place.  Do the other one need to be at your current place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Well i have been offered a job after an interview tonight, so buzzing.

It's the first one I have been asked for references.  I have asked one of my old gaffers at my last place.  Do the other one need to be at your current place?

 

Well played. I'll give it a month before you fucking hate everyone at the new place. :lol:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Well i have been offered a job after an interview tonight, so buzzing.

It's the first one I have been asked for references.  I have asked one of my old gaffers at my last place.  Do the other one need to be at your current place?

If the worker thinks they’ve been given an unfair or misleading reference, they may be able to claim damages in a court. So most employers these days just give a generic reference, that says basic stuff like length of service etc.

Well done on getting the job btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Well i have been offered a job after an interview tonight, so buzzing.

It's the first one I have been asked for references.  I have asked one of my old gaffers at my last place.  Do the other one need to be at your current place?

I can assure that you never moan about colleagues, drug fiends or other cunts for the right amount of gratification...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×