Jump to content

Toon V Uddersfield


trooper
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

Would love us to get Kenedy cheap and him to rediscover his form. We've slowly been peppered with South Americans and I love it.

 

On the strength of this season he should be cheap. Potential is there but application wise he's gone backwards. Possibly the only way we could sign him permanently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Anyone think Rafa might be tempted to stay? Add in Shelvey/Ki to this team, keep Rondon and swap Perez for someone decent and we have our strongest XI in a long time 

I doubt it. He’s going to want a club that’s consistently investing. Not going windows with no intention of spending money. There’s only so long he can work wonders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I doubt it. He’s going to want a club that’s consistently investing. Not going windows with no intention of spending money. There’s only so long he can work wonders.

 

He also wants a club that's near enough to where his family is established.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perez was good today, I thought. It’s clear that the front three were working together during the camp and some of the movement and touches between them was excellent. 

 

All of this is is tempered by the fact that Huddersfield are beyond shite :lol: Burnley will be a decent challenge against a well organised, hard working side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ewerk said:

That doesn’t mean he’s going to put up with Ashley’s shit though. He’s no one’s fool.

 

It's on the record that Ashley is shit, Rafa is not afraid to call him out as well. It's dysfunctional but it can still work. They'd be mad not to do eveything they can to hang on to him including freeing up more funds for transfers, the problem is we already know they're mad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How did Almiron spend two years in the USA and not learn how to speak English?

 

Yeah, that's not great, Rafa will hopefully sort it out. Clearly though it didn't impact on hiis communication on the pitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Perez was good today, I thought. It’s clear that the front three were working together during the camp and some of the movement and touches between them was excellent. 

 

All of this is is tempered by the fact that Huddersfield are beyond shite :lol: Burnley will be a decent challenge against a well organised, hard working side.

 

Perez definitely buoyed by having Almiron out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

 

Yeah, that's not great, Rafa will hopefully sort it out. Clearly though it didn't impact on hiis communication on the pitch.

Playing in a front three with two other Spanish speakers obviously helps. Unless one of those Spanish speakers is Joselu. In which case it makes fuck all difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elated with the win and 3 points,  not too enthused with the slipshod performance against 10 men.

I think Rafa has lost some marbles,  Joselulu, Kenedy, Perez, and wantaway Hayden, are these our best performers? I don't think so.

Almiron looked like he could be a massive improvement to our team.

Longstaff continues to put in a good shift.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Elated with the win and 3 points,  not too enthused with the slipshod performance against 10 men.

I think Rafa has lost some marbles,  Joselulu, Kenedy, Perez, and wantaway Hayden, are these our best performers? I don't think so.

Almiron looked like he could be a massive improvement to our team.

Longstaff continues to put in a good shift.

 

 

Hopefully you find them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How did Almiron spend two years in the USA and not learn how to speak English?

 

Lotsa Spanish speaking people in the USA. Spanish TV channels, Spanish shops, no need to speak English. English is not the official language in the USA, although it is in California yet they cater to the Hispanic population especially at the DMV.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest I'm a little disappointed. (As, I think, were most of the people in the ground.) We got the job done and it was a great attacking performance, but they were truly there for the taking and we should've hammered them. They could've lost 6-0 today and had no complaints. 

Heart went in mouth when Almiron got chopped down, I had flashbacks to Ben Arfa for a moment. Thankfully he was all right and dominated the game start to finish. A brilliant full debut from what looks like a brilliant player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

 

Lotsa Spanish speaking people in the USA. Spanish TV channels, Spanish shops, no need to speak English. English is not the official language in the USA, although it is in California yet they cater to the Hispanic population especially at the DMV.

 

Those damn immigrants ruining everything again.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kenedy of this time last year maybe, I was coming here to say if Almiron carries on like that Kenedy will get nowhere near the starting 11 

 

Longstaff is great as well, I wonder how much Rafa has to do with his development :) Burnley will be a better test mind but I reckon we would come out with a win most of the time against them atm..

Edited by 247
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Kenedy was terrific when he came on and almost scored a beauty.  If we are going to play this formation, Kenedy is the perfect wingback you would want, imo.  His hasn't played like last season, but he hasn't been the worst of the lot, and before Almiron got here he was the most talented player on the side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...