This is the news!

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

In other news, but a similarly ominous potential for fuckery and death…

https://phys.org/news/2023-06-mission-dead-satellites-atmosphere.html

A British firm plans to capture old satellites and drag them in to the atmosphere to burn up. 

Nothing can possibly go wrong here. 

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

Shame he had to kill a teenager to prove what a great rule breaking entrepreneur he was. This is a great example of why regulations and certifications are necessary. 

Anyway, these people can get fucked. Doing this purely to boast at their champagne enema parties that  they've visited the titanic. They're not explorers, they are contributing nothing to the World and doing this for pure vanity. Meanwhile hundreds of immigrants die on a fishing boat in the Med, not a single name will be remembered.  

Its a very black and white look at it. Its essentially a tourist destination for the elite. Like going into space. I'd personally like to do both.  Part of the appeal is the risk (although I wouldn't have got in the Titan if they moment they got the Logitech game controller out), so yes there is a sense of adventure in it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Its a very black and white look at it. Its essentially a tourist destination for the elite. Like going into space. I'd personally like to do both.  Part of the appeal is the risk (although I wouldn't have got in the Titan if they moment they got the Logitech game controller out), so yes there is a sense of adventure in it.

The Titanic is a grave man, it's fucking disgusting. Fuck the elite, fuck those most fucking the planet. Fuck Titanic exploration, fuck space tourism, and fuck Everest trips while we're at it. Fuck private yachts in Monaco as well. Fuck them all. I'm no communist but obscene wealth just fucks me off. 

Have I used my fuck allocation up yet? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

With a large number of “Adrenaline Tourism” things you have something known as perceived risk , where the participants think or feel like they’re in imminent danger, whereas the actual risk is negligible, due to the use of control measures ( harnesses, ropes, big fuck-off lumps of metal etc). 
So you could say something like the Edgewalk in Toronto has a Perceived Risk of 10, but an Actual Risk of 1-2. 
Space and Deep Sea, I’d want Perceived to be 1 and Actual 1. 

It looks like Oceangate were working on P & A being both 10 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

The Titanic is a grave man, it's fucking disgusting. Fuck the elite, fuck those most fucking the planet. Fuck Titanic exploration, fuck space tourism, and fuck Everest trips while we're at it. Fuck private yachts in Monaco as well. Fuck them all. I'm no communist but obscene wealth just fucks me off. 

Fuck no 🙂 

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

You and Wykiki need to have a pint together. 

Enjoy life guys. Or just wank more.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Renton said:

preach-brother.gif

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Shame he had to kill a teenager to prove what a great rule breaking entrepreneur he was. This is a great example of why regulations and certifications are necessary. 

Anyway, these people can get fucked. Doing this purely to boast at their champagne enema parties that  they've visited the titanic. They're not explorers, they are contributing nothing to the World and doing this for pure vanity. Meanwhile hundreds of immigrants die on a fishing boat in the Med, not a single name will be remembered.  

Parky: Have you been to the Titanic wreck site?
Chez: Yes, I have actually. 
Parky: But have you been in a submersible constructed to look like one of CT’s latest hobbies. Complete with a third party PlayStation controller for steering? Because I have. Twice. 

Chez: Have you had a champagne enema? 
Parky: Of course?

Chez: But with Krug Rosé, 26th Edition? 
Parky: Well, not yet…..it was the Jews that left it there you know.

Chez: The enema?

Parky: The iceberg! 

Chez; Alex likes rimming stray dogs. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Parky: Have you been to the Titanic wreck site?
Chez: Yes, I have actually. 
Parky: But have you been in a submersible constructed to look like one of CT’s latest hobbies. Complete with a third party PlayStation controller for steering? Because I have. Twice. 

Chez: Have you had a champagne enema? 
Parky: Of course?

Chez: But with Krug Rosé, 26th Edition? 
Parky: Well, not yet…..it was the Jews that left it there you know.

Chez: The enema?

Parky: The iceberg! 

Chez; Alex likes rimming stray dogs. 

Chezzed YP

• Haha 3

I see the Daily Heil and Sun are leading with headlines that attack the Left over the submersible disaster 🤪

"The ugly envy of the left over the dead Titanic tourists shows them for what they are – so much for Be Kind"

"Lefties sneer. But those brave souls on the submarine died in a cause - pushing out the frontiers of human knowledge - that's typically British and that fills me with pride" - by none other than BoJo the Clown who has a column there now.,

They really have nothing left now to attack with. 

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 2

46 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

those brave souls on the submarine died in a cause - pushing out the frontiers of human knowledge

“Hey French. Bloke ! How far do you think we’ll get in this Pringles can before it goes pop?”

” Pas loin” 

• Thanks 1

Not at all hypocritical of the Sun / Mail to try and make political capital out of this though. 
Also, it wasn’t innovative or ground breaking. It was shaped inappropriately for a vessel for going to that depth purely to fit passengers in. It used carbon fibre because it was cheaper and suited the design. They didn’t seek accreditation because they knew the vessel would not have passed. 
Going against the laws of physics and tried and tested engineering principles is actually all it was. 

• Like 1

By the way, has everyone seen the (genuine) job vacancy that was posted in Oceangate’s own site ,(which has now gone offline). 
Went up on Friday, not long before the Coastguard announced they were all paste. 

NYPICHPDPICT000013116455.jpg?quality=75&

“ The management of Oceangate Inc. has an immediate opening for a Sub Pilot/ Marine Technician …”

giphy.webp

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

"Have a positive attitude"

After recent events you'll fucking need one :lol:

I’m surprised they didn’t ask for someone who works well under pressure. 

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

By the way, has everyone seen the (genuine) job vacancy that was posted in Oceangate’s own site ,(which has now gone offline). 
Went up on Friday, not long before the Coastguard announced they were all paste. 

NYPICHPDPICT000013116455.jpg?quality=75&

“ The management of Oceangate Inc. has an immediate opening for a Sub Pilot/ Marine Technician …”

giphy.webp

And for a CEO

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2023 at 09:44, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m surprised they didn’t ask for someone who works well under pressure. 

Just seen this.

tea_spitting.gif.e7c0215356452adea58ff298509bc8c2.gif

Invoice for new keyboard sent to Chez MF.

• Haha 3