Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

TBF, it's not like he's spoiled for quality with England atm. The final Euro squad is going to be absurdly strong everywhere but centre half. It's not like he's going to play with a load of knackers. He's not Irish.

Must remember that he'll be alongside Newcastle United's Danny Rose.

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s slightly annoying to say but if England are going to win the Euros, Jordan Henderson is going to be central to all of it. He’s become a fucking brilliant player tbf.

He's more than likely going to win player of the season. 

I'm curious I guess - Don't pay a lot of attention to other club's games. What is it that Henderson does so well?

I always think of him as a water carrier.

Edited by Rayvin

He's an absurdly good grafter and presser but he plays on the front foot all the time, he uses the ball well and is able to start counters and switch play better than he used to. The goals are probably a purple patch but it's hard to understate how good an on-pitch leader he is; always vocal, leads by example, doesn't allow anyone's focus to shift. Hard to believe it's the same player from 4/5 seasons ago.

• Like 3

He’s been underrated most of his career u think. Even before Klopp they were never as effective when he was out of the side. Seems to have taken his performances to another level though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Klopp has improved every single player in the squad he inherited and, to my limited knowledge, the ones he's bought too. Alex O-C should start beside Henderson in England's midfield this summer too. 

He's turned above average players into World Class one's. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s been underrated most of his career u think. Even before Klopp they were never as effective when he was out of the side. Seems to have taken his performances to another level though

He played when we twatted the mackems 5-1. There"d had a fair bit of hype around him by then but he didn't get a kick v Nolan & Tiote. I watched him and thought he'd never live up to what folk were saying. Proves all you need sometimes is the right coach...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Klopp has improved every single player in the squad he inherited and, to my limited knowledge, the ones he's bought too. Alex O-C should start beside Henderson in England's midfield this summer too. 

Always thought Oxlade-Chamberlain had something about him. I could never understand why Wenger didn’t play him more often played and then he usually played him out wide 

Edited by Alex

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He played when we twatted the mackems 5-1. There"d had a fair bit of hype around him by then but he didn't get a kick v Nolan & Tiote. I watched him and thought he'd never live up to what folk were saying. Proves all you need sometimes is the right coach...

Most of his Liverpool career I should’ve said 

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Players play for Klopp and Pep and become better players for it, very much like players did twenty odd years ago for the scandalously underrated* Kevin Keegan. I agree completely about the 5-1 game, he looked like a little boy getting a lesson from the big lads and it's to his credit what he's achieved since. :good:

*Underrated by fans of other clubs and football supporters who weren't around to see the true context of what he did, where we came from and how he did it. You sometimes get the odd condescending look from the odd younger FIFA NUFC fan who only knows we were entertainers and thinks his biggest achievement was ranting 'I love it' whilst every Newcastle United fan cringed. If they were truly kids you'd want to box their lugs and send them off with a massive bollocking. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Always thought Oxlade-Chamberlain had something about him. I could never understand why Wenger didn’t play him more often played him out wide 

Wenger really rated AOC but his attitude was suspect in his early years and I think Wenger probably didn't have the patience for it at that stage of his Managerial career. I Certainly felt that Wenger lost his composure in the latter stages of his time at Arsenal but every good thing only lasts for a certain time I suppose.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

Ronaldo scores for  juventus today, that's nine straight games in a row he's been on the score sheet. 

That's one goal per 278 power naps. Not a bad return.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

Ronaldo scores for  juventus today, that's nine straight games in a row he's been on the score sheet. 

An extraordinarily brilliant footballer who's going to spend every moment of his life with the frustration that most people think that Messi is better.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

An extraordinarily brilliant footballer who's going to spend every moment of his life with the frustration that most people think that Messi is better.

Also his tax bill, rape allegations and his dad's alcoholism might add to that frustration.

• Meenzer changed the title to Other games 2019/2020/2021