Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Here have you seen the state of what you post in the what are you listening to thread you sad aussie wanker. After I stood up for your cattle farmers as well. Fuck you and your steroid beef 

There he is, welcome back Thompers.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The lockdown and protective measures. It just feels to me like there's a shift in people's mentality on this based on some of the conversations I'm seeing/having. I think the view was that once we were vaccinated we were out of the woods, and yet it now looks like we'll probably lose a lot of the summer to this as well. I think we're fine where we are, mostly I am just concerned that if it transpires that we will need another proper lockdown, there'll be widespread public resistance to it.

It's just anecdotal from my view mind, so who knows. Certainly frustration with Johnson seems to be growing even amongst people who've traditionally backed him.

I think it’s more that Johnson promised a date and has bollocksed it all up AGAIN and had to delay it a week before everyone was gearing up for things lifted. I even agree with the delay and it’s pissed me off how they’ve found a new form of sheer incompetence. So imagine how the fuckwits feel.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The lockdown and protective measures. It just feels to me like there's a shift in people's mentality on this based on some of the conversations I'm seeing/having. I think the view was that once we were vaccinated we were out of the woods, and yet it now looks like we'll probably lose a lot of the summer to this as well. I think we're fine where we are, mostly I am just concerned that if it transpires that we will need another proper lockdown, there'll be widespread public resistance to it.

It's just anecdotal from my view mind, so who knows. Certainly frustration with Johnson seems to be growing even amongst people who've traditionally backed him.

I'm not sure, I think people are much more compliant than you give them credit for, and if we ended up with outcomes like in January the large majority of people would accept it, because there really is no alternative. Hopefully of course vaccination will prevent this and perhaps second generation vaccines can even eliminate covid. But the nightmare scenario of a breakout virus with an R of >7 remains, if this happens we are genuinely fucked. I'm constantly amazed how Johnson gets away with his fuck ups, aided by the MSM who don't challenge his narrative. He lied from start to finish in PMQ yesterday, even suggesting if we were in the EU we would not be able to control our borders with INDIA at all ffs. All unchallenged by the media, all forgotten now. 

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think it’s more that Johnson promised a date and has bollocksed it all up AGAIN and had to delay it a week before everyone was gearing up for things lifted. I even agree with the delay and it’s pissed me off.

He didn't though tbf. He promised a review date and "freedom day" on the 21st subject to 4 conditions, of which I think we have missed 3. He's still a cunt but the focus has to be on the fact he let in 20,000 people from India which caused us to miss these conditions. 

• Like 2

Still reporting no side effects, softcocks! My spunk might be the cure for this thing if any of your lasses want to try and find out. 

They'll have to snowball you if you want a dose though. :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Still reporting no side effects, softcocks! My spunk might be the cure for this thing if any of your lasses want to try and find out. 

Who would have thought a chinese mouse penis is the cure for a plague caused by a chinese bat!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

@Renton

I'm only a very occasional visitor to this thread, because to be quite honest I'm all covid'd out. I've had enough of the blanket saturation from the media and the seemingly endless conversations at work. I tried for a while researching opinions of those other than the 'experts1' stood alongside johnson and hancock in their briefings and they raise some pretty compelling arguments. which to honest just ends up confusing you (or rather me) more.

I do know though that's plenty of people out there who are far from stupid and have for them very valid reasons for not wanting to be vaccinated2. I respect their decision.

I do think we're reaching a tipping point now, despite the best efforts of the mainstream media to report on the anti-lockdown protests, the last one in london was 12 miles long and contained hundreds of thousands of people. there's another one planned for the 26th June, who knows, it might hit a million?

on a personal level I've no real desire to join them, because I don't like london very much. however if push come to shove I'd have to concede I have more in common with them then I do with the lunatics I see on me way to work at 5.30am walking about with their blue masks on when there's hardly another living soul on the streets3.

1: Why would you seek the opinion of someone who is not an expert? That's just fucking stupid.

2: Only one reason to not be vaccinated and that is if you are medically incapable, otherwise it is a fucking stupid idea.

3: You sound like a thick cunt.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Good for you. I had a really horrible day yesterday and still a sore head today. It's still worth it though, even if it will happen with every booster shot.

Not sure if I will take your offer though. In the end you are still coming after your mam, which explains that even viruses are avoiding your family.

37 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Good for you. I had a really horrible day yesterday and still a sore head today. It's still worth it though, even if it will happen with every booster shot.

Not sure if I will take your offer though. In the end you are still coming after your mam, which explains that even viruses are avoiding your family.

Whatever Judge Softytits! 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Rule Britannia! 

I feel especially proud for North Tyneside, we're still top of the North East charts. Newcastle and Northumberlandare making valiant efforts to overtake us but with the help Of India they can get to fuck.

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

Uk has highest covid case rate in Europe 

58d7e1ab-832e-43ab-bdb5-efe98025b0bc.png

I see the only others on the rise are Portugal, coincidentally the only country we filthy Brits were allowed to visit at half-term?

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

But tbf, I expect Germany to catch up again soon.

Hopefully not. Isn't Delta in Deutchland about 5% of the proportion (of a low base) compared with 96% here? You should beat it in the vaccine race. 

Edited by Renton

Just now, Renton said:

Hopefully not. Isn't Delta in Deutchland about 5% of the proportion (of a low base) compared with 96% here? You should beat it in the vaccine race. 

6% and rising. With only little restrictions still in place and most schools and kindergardens back to normal I think we won't catch up with the sufficient level of vaccinations needed. Even though almost half of the population had one shot and nearly 30% are fully protected it probably won't be enough, as the spreading of the Delta variant in the UK has proven.

There will also be a downturn in vaccinations in the upcoming months with less vaccines getting delivered. With Curevac lacking behind and the latest data also only showing an efficiancy of 47% things might get complicated again.

I booked a holiday in Spain for the end of August, but don't think it will happen. It's just for keeping the hope of the family alive. Same as last year when we ended up in rain at the Baltic sea...

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

1: Why would you seek the opinion of someone who is not an expert? That's just fucking stupid.

2: Only one reason to not be vaccinated and that is if you are medically incapable, otherwise it is a fucking stupid idea.

3: You sound like a thick cunt.

fucking brilliant.  :)

1. you incapable of reading what you highlighed? I referred to experts other than chris whitty. there is others out there.

2. in your opinion. I've had my vaccinations, I respect the right of others to make their own decision. 

3. :) fucking pathletic. you look like a paedophile.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

He didn't though tbf. He promised a review date and "freedom day" on the 21st subject to 4 conditions, of which I think we have missed 3. He's still a cunt but the focus has to be on the fact he let in 20,000 people from India which caused us to miss these conditions. 

So, he’s fucked it all up for everyone again, we’re in agreement here

New infections are doubling every 11 days. By mid July we could be seeing 30k+ infections a day. It looks like this strain is  being driven by children & younger adults 

As far as vaccine takeup goes then the Delta variant isn't a bad advertisement for it. Given that infection rates were continually falling then many on the fence about getting it may not have bothered. Look at the vaccination rates of the thick antipodean cunts living in their covid-free 'utopia' as an example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Look at the vaccination rates of the thick antipodean cunts living in their covid-free 'utopia' as an example.

I'd have to agree and disagree with that statement. You are very correct about our Sky News watching section of the population, and that is a growing percentage.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttt our bunch of useless Tories have also fucked up the procurement of acceptable vaccine options and that has lead to a lot of people dragging their feet.

They were hedging their bets on the AZ blood clot because it is: 1. Cheap; 2. They can manufacture it locally; 3. AZ are known to donate to the same Tory cunts that are in government; 4. Cheap.

So they under ordered Pfizer vaccines and didn't bother with any other options because they though they could get away with most of the population being vaccinated with AZ - they also, like Bojo, still believe the herd immunity will happen just by chance with god's will!

And as of today they have now decided that anyone under 60 should not be having the AZ vaccine, after months and months of refusing to give anyone just over 50 the pfizer!

But don't worry they're also trying their best to make sure the Delta variant makes it into the community as well.