Coronavirus

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news lads the son in laws ex wife is home. It looks like she's going to be ok it's really brought it home how bad this is. Hopefully things can get back to some kind of normality in a couple of

A 10ft coffin, slowly whirring down the aisle carried by 6 weeping Roombas. 

Probably standing in the empty Nightingale hospitals (which we can’t use without staff btw - good luck finding more nurses)   None of us have been routinely tested. Only eligible if we have

Posted Images

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Blanket border restrictions announced - 10 months too fucking late. 

Just said this same thing to a neighbour and was met with "yeah but we couldn't until now, EU n' that, all the red tape". 

Hit me right there and then why we didn't do it sooner. Would've showed we always had control of our borders and undermined half the motivation for Brexit. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Alex said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55676037

The troubling thing for me isn’t him basically getting away with it. It’s him and people like him consistently being given such a prominent voice in the media. 

And will again. I vaguely skimmed over something the other day that made the case that TV and radio programs will always try to find two pundits, one for and one against. Which is fair enough when it comes to an issue where the public are genuinely split. The problem is when you have issues where there’s only 5% of people for/against. In this case broadcasters still feel compelled to get a pundit to represent the 5% and it tends to be the same idiots representing the 5% over and i.e. the wanker contrarians of which Toby Young is most definitely one.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And will again. I vaguely skimmed over something the other day that made the case that TV and radio programs will always try to find two pundits, one for and one against. Which is fair enough when it comes to an issue where the public are genuinely split. The problem is when you have issues where there’s only 5% of people for/against. In this case broadcasters still feel compelled to get a pundit to represent the 5% and it tends to be the same idiots representing the 5% over and i.e. the wanker contrarians of which Toby Young is most definitely one.

Aye, I don’t think he believes most of the stuff he writes. That stag do article is probably the closest he gets to sincerity in print and even then he’s in denial 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Isegrim said:

The missus will be pleased. when do you get the vaccine from BioNTech though?

Your good lady worked on it ?  Can you ask her how long my arm will fuckin ache? Thanks :)

Edited by PaddockLad
13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m still a bit rough today tbh. Arm is getting there though. Can’t WAIT for the second one, fucking hell

Ive woken up with a sore head too...am thinking it wasn’t the beer & whisky I had watching band of brothers for the 117th time...is this also a side affect?...

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Ive woken up with a sore head too...am thinking it wasn’t the beer & whisky I had watching band of brothers for the 117th time...is this also a side affect?...

Aye, bad heads and a general fatigue. If it's not careful, it's going to force me to order food in like last night.

:lol:

I heard fewer complaints from PL when he had the fucking virus. 

The vaccinated need to pipe the fuck down. "Uh the vaccine that will protect me from dying has left me with a sore arm." :lol:

• Haha 5
36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The vaccinated need to pipe the fuck down. "Uh the vaccine that will protect me from dying has left me with a sore arm." :lol:

Make sure you let Mrs G know about side effects when she gets hers mate  :good:

• Haha 3
47 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The fucking cheek! You need a robot to do the hoovering. If you have any side effects, you'll be drawing up a will.

• Haha 6
45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was so happy being protected yesterday I went skipping down Jesmond Dene in celebration. Slipped on black ice and went arse over tit, banged my head and was mildly concussed. Nearly broke my neck, was thinking it would be quite an ironic way to die. Waking up this morning I'm aching all over and have mild whiplash in my neck. Life is an absolute shit show at the minute. 🤬

• Haha 8
13 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was so happy being protected yesterday I went skipping down Jesmond Dene in celebration. Slipped on black ice and went arse over tit, banged my head and was mildly concussed. Nearly broke my neck, was thinking it would be quite an ironic way to die. Waking up this morning I'm aching all over and have mild whiplash in my neck. Life is an absolute shit show at the minute. 🤬

Ok so it sucks that this happened and I'm sorry for your pain, truly.

BUT

Imagine how much the Antivaxxers would love this story :lol: A grown man gets vaccinated, starts skipping (something they would doubtless associate with homosexuality), and wakes up the following day concussed and in full body pain. You should sell it to them tbf, it could only be more perfect if you'd bought a Windows upgrade at the same time.

• Haha 1