Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Where are we at with excess deaths now? It doesn't seem to get mentioned anymore 

There’s a graph on the Beeb I think but they were high over the winter but the combined effects of lockdown means the death rate is currently low I think. 

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

I haven't had a cold in a year and a half! 

Aye, I’m the same. It’s funny isn’t it because people always associated diet, things like vit c intake as being a big factor but it’s obviously just avoiding standing in a tube full of people etc

Just now, Alex said:

Aye, I’m the same. It’s funny isn’t it because people always associated diet, things like vit c intake as being a big factor but it’s obviously just avoiding standing in a tube full of people etc

I fear I'm going to turn into an obsessive hand washer 

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

The fucking bint next door told me the other day her daughter was supposed to be isolating but said bint “can’t live her life like this anymore”. I.e. the weather’s nice, so it’s a bit inconvenient as it’s half-term. She had a garden full of kids the other day too. Did I mention she’s a bint? 

:lol:

How much of her hair is dyed blonde, as a percentage? 

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

How much of her hair is dyed blonde, as a percentage? 

:lol: She has a blonde streak. C. 15%

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

A little while before this I was talking to my GP while I was there with something else about being sick of having a lot of colds which was getting me down. 

After asking me where I worked his advice was to take early retirement if it was possible - anything to stop having to commute as the trains were/are just mobile petri dishes in his view. 

I don't think we considered a global pandemic as a way of avoiding that commute though it has worked on the cold thing. 

• Like 1

If you're still waiting on your second vaccine, you can go in the system and rebook it for sooner if you like. Plenty availability up here. I just brought mine forward 2.5 weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If you're still waiting on your second vaccine, you can go in the system and rebook it for sooner if you like. Plenty availability up here. I just brought mine forward 2.5 weeks. 

For the moderna one at Washington? 

Had the second jab Saturday morning. 

Now, I'm no feeb so I'm putting down my fever, vomiting and exhaustion down to either a) spending all day in the sun like a bloody LAD, b) eating chicken with a suspect 'before date' or c) having a plague bearer as a son.

Much better now, but the drinks I was supposed to enjoy on Saturday night were curtailed after the first pint, and Sunday was a total write off.

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

For the moderna one at Washington? 

Mine is Astrazeneca at Centre for Life, but I don't think it should make a difference. 

Worst comes to worst you can just rebook your original appointment that you just canceled as that should still be available. 

Mine was 2nd July originally so I just went on the NHS website, to Manage Appointments, and canceled that one. Then you select rebook and it gives you a load of new dates - my available options started from 15th June onwards, with loads of slots available every day. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Had the second jab Saturday morning. 

Now, I'm no feeb so I'm putting down my fever, vomiting and exhaustion down to either a) spending all day in the sun like a bloody LAD, b) eating chicken with a suspect 'before date' or c) having a plague bearer as a son.

Much better now, but the drinks I was supposed to enjoy on Saturday night were curtailed after the first pint, and Sunday was a total write off.

Say it ain't so, Dave. We'll have more data next week on whether you've joined the ranks of the feebs, once I've had my second one done. 

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Mine is Astrazeneca at Centre for Life, but I don't think it should make a difference. 

Worst comes to worst you can just rebook your original appointment that you just canceled as that should still be available. 

Mine was 2nd July originally so I just went on the NHS website, to Manage Appointments, and canceled that one. Then you select rebook and it gives you a load of new dates - my available options started from 15th June onwards, with loads of slots available every day. 

Don’t you need 10-12 weeks between doses for the AZ vaccine to be at it’s most effective?

That’s the sales pitch they are selling here.

27 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Don’t you need 10-12 weeks between doses for the AZ vaccine to be at it’s most effective?

Aye that's what they said here until the government allowed the Indian variant to start ripping through the place, and suddenly they want 2nd doses delivered as quick as possible. 

50 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How far apart were they originally? My date of 2nd one is only 8 weeks later, they won't have me shorten that will they? Didn't book online anyway 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

top tip mate - cheers! i just moved mine forwards by three weeks

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sammynb said:

8 weeks between doses is fine apparently 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

How far apart were they originally? My date of 2nd one is only 8 weeks later, they won't have me shorten that will they? Didn't book online anyway 

Nah you must have got your first one after they made the decision to shorten the time on second jabs. You should leave yours at 8 weeks. 

On 04/06/2021 at 23:42, Renton said:

It's exponential growth Gloom. It will keep increasing every day the R is over 1, which it is. It won't stop, it will keep on rising constantly. Of course Hospitalisations and deaths won't reach those levels, unless vaccine escape happens. But let's imagine it's 5% of the peak, which is still 50 people dying every fucking day of this, and its massively contagious of course, unlike other causes of death. What does the NHS do then, accept It? What precautions against spread in a hospital can they do? Let's face it, life just can't get back to normal. 

The two big problems we have is high prevalence means worse mutations are pretty much guaranteed. I never factored this in originally, but it appears coronavirus is an utter cunt. Delta is possibly twice as transmissible as alpha, which was possibly twice as transmissible as the original strain. That is frightening. Then there is the made up man up long covid. 

We need to get everyone vaccinated ASAP and close the borders indefinitely until most the world is vaccinated. When if ever will that happen? 

will the vaccine not put the brakes on the rate of growth though? a new vaccine-proof variant is clearly the main concern here, but assuming we don't see a mutation develop before we finish the vaccine rollout, isn't there reason to be cautiously optimistic? just the one death yesterday.  

image.png.b3c333feb8b662447c8d65a1bb919f20.png