Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, Xa9as said:

Cant wait for a player to spark one of these delinquents out one day. Shame will be that the player will get the book thrown at them.  

Aye, saw someone say exactly the same (a mackem obviously) over on rtg/smb..

Me I’d rather they just banned the idiotic fuckers and maybe a heavy fine, or some education.

Racism and violance IMO is an overspill from everyday life.  Whenever I hear pundits saying 'we don't want it in football' does that mean they're ok with it out of football?

I know a lad in the forces and they're currently in Cyprus (jammy cunt) getting riot training because they've been told about a possibility of civil unrest here :lol: 

On 07/02/2022 at 07:48, wykikitoon said:

Racism and violance IMO is an overspill from everyday life.  Whenever I hear pundits saying 'we don't want it in football' does that mean they're ok with it out of football?

I know a lad in the forces and they're currently in Cyprus (jammy cunt) getting riot training because they've been told about a possibility of civil unrest here :lol: 

The introduction of armed forces famously deescalates tensions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

no bother, pulls palace into the relegation battle. Another club to chase down 

Have you heard of the twitter account TheOther14. One of my Saturday Social homies introduced me to it. 

Anyway, it looks at the "other 14", ie the non Big 6 sides and comes up with a baseline tracker as follows:

- the tracker assumes that an Other 14 team should win or have a goal to win all its home games against the other 13 teams. Which would give you 39 points, ie safety. 

- so that's the baseline. 39 points from your home games against the other 13. Then it tracks your performance against that. If you drop 6 points against the other 13 teams at home, you'll be -6 on the tracker. 

- points gained against Big 6 teams and points gained away to the other 13 count positively towards your score. 

This is their tracker after last night's games. Norwich will go to minus 5 if they hold their position tonight. Which would be a shame. 

The interesting ones are Palace and Leeds. Palace are as badly off as we are, and Leeds are only one point better vs the baseline. (although Leeds have just taken the lead v Villa). 

Burnley were -8 until they got their draw last night. 

Anyway it's a good way of looking at the league/relegation battle, and it does suggest that Palace are very capable of getting dragged into the mess. 

• Like 1

Villa equalise v Leeds. Villa win probably our best bet here. Keep Leeds in the clarts, and let Villa get themselves all puffed up for the weekend so we can give them a right good hiding. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Villa equalise v Leeds. Villa win probably our best bet here. Keep Leeds in the clarts, and let Villa get themselves all puffed up for the weekend so we can give them a right good hiding. 

We should pay whatever it takes for Pancake to meet Steeeeevie G at the Milburn steps.