Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

If they score nowt I doubt we'd win. I think they will put at least 2 past us unfortunately. 

we've scored 20 goals this season, in 20 games. the 3 against brentford and the 2 against a rusty west ham and an own goal v tottenham are looking like an anomaly.

I hope wood is a rip roaring success here, but let's be realistic, if he's to equal his usual season haul he's got to become a 1 in 2 striker for the rest of the season and I don't think he's got it in him. hope I'm wrong.

wherever our goals are going to come from, be it from strikers or addressing our supply from midfield, it needs sorting fucking immediately, as does the attitude we can palm the likes of reims off with with fucking preposterous champions league winning add ons for highly rated players.

best these fuckers get their fingers out, we've been through the 'we tried' scenario not so long ago.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I hope wood is a rip roaring success here, but let's be realistic, if he's to equal his usual season haul he's got to become a 1 in 2 striker for the rest of the season and I don't think he's got it in him. hope I'm wrong.

Wood will score, just like Wilson will but this is our problem...

addressing our supply from midfield, it needs sorting fucking immediately

Aiming long balls and crosses at our striker's head when they are all alone and marked by two or three centre backs will never result in goals.

Two of three useless cunts in our midfield need replacing and should never been near the starting lineup again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

we've scored 20 goals this season, in 20 games. the 3 against brentford and the 2 against a rusty west ham and an own goal v tottenham are looking like an anomaly.

wherever our goals are going to come from, be it from strikers or addressing our supply from midfield, it needs sorting fucking immediately, as does the attitude we can palm the likes of reims off with with fucking preposterous champions league winning add ons for highly rated players.

best these fuckers get their fingers out, we've been through the 'we tried' scenario not so long ago.

A lot of potential chances/half chances for Wood will be sucked out of existence once the ball finds its way to the dribbler.

I wonder if we could push ASM further forward so that at least when he goes for a dribble he will already be in an advanced position. Defensively he's next to useless also so playing him in a midfield role only decreases the protection that our leaky defense gets.

7 hours ago, Renton said:

Yeah, you said that on Saturday when I said that Norwich look most likely to escape the drop. They've got the momentum now, they win more than us, we lose less less than them, but with 3 points for a win its obvious who this suits. 

People can kid themselves this is a good result, but they weren't saying that before the game. I think we look more fucked than ever now. 

GROW SOME BALLS TUPPENCE-MUNCHER! 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, OTF said:

A lot of potential chances/half chances for Wood will be sucked out of existence once the ball finds its way to the dribbler.

I wonder if we could push ASM further forward so that at least when he goes for a dribble he will already be in an advanced position. Defensively he's next to useless also so playing him in a midfield role only decreases the protection that our leaky defense gets.

That would be my plan. 442 with ASM behind Wood. I'd also play Joelinton and Willock in CM, with Joe sitting in the centre circle and Willock given licence to get forwards 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That would be my plan. 442 with ASM behind Wood. I'd also play Joelinton and Willock in CM, with Joe sitting in the centre circle and Willock given licence to get forwards 

So going all Deano, play Fraser and Almiron on the wings? Manquillo at LB and Dummett and Schar as CB?

Everton fans man. 

You know how in the matrix they didn’t make the simulation heavenly & perfect because some people would have flipped out. The robots did that for Everton fans. 

They’d sooner eat a dropped rat burger outside the brick than a Michelin star meal & they’d get a hard on booing it.

Freaks 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Hang a sausage from it, and you could have got Bruce banned by the PL for running round the pitch during the match. 

:lol: You saw that piece on BBC this morning too didn’t you? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The dog thing? 

Aye. It was a lovely story / happy ending but also somewhat disappointing due to the lack of footage which, I imagine, would’ve been hilarious 

20 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Well that was a canny result and day out. Seen some canny games at Elland Rd over the years but this wasn't one. Certainly substance over style. But, 3 points are 3 points! 

Sat next to Pete Grieves and Michael Oliver in the cheap seats. 

Did they get your autograph?

• Haha 7