The new manager thread

Polarboy

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: 

I would if he had a point beyond “ I think Voldemort is our bestest midfielder, here’s a snoozefest of numbers to prove I’m right”. 

Anyway, how’s the market looking in Torino? :lol:

Bada-boom Bada-bing

And your point was what? Shelvey is bad, I have an old car... Yeah screw actual numbers, statistics and facts right...

3 minutes ago, Clarko said:

And your point was what? Shelvey is bad, I have an old car... Yeah screw actual numbers, statistics and facts right...

If you can give me your point about Shelvey in 20 words, I’ll give you mine in less. 

9 minutes ago, Clarko said:

If the game were based on statistics then Stephen Hawking could have won us the European Cup. Anyone with eyes knows that Shelvey is a liability when he’s not going through one of his purple patches.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clarko said:

Your point is that the squad is pretty good, it’s the coaching that’s been the problem over the last 7 years. That’s entirely a matter of opinion that has nothing to do with statistics.

36 minutes ago, Clarko said:

Bruce spent ~£127.17m in three seasons, Benitez spent ~£153.46m in the three seasons before Bruce was appointed. Saying it's a 'dire squad' and saying that 'average players cost upwards of £30m' just isn't true... Is Allan Saint-Maximin less than an average player? He cost ~£16.20m. What about Demarai Gray? He must be awful if he only cost ~£1.70m. Valentino Livramento at ~£5.31m? Can't be a good player. Cristiano Ronaldo? ~£13.50m? Terrible. Price does not equal quality. Incredibly, uninformed, silly argument.

Yeah the players are bad because you say they are right? Okay...

Oh so value and quality are unrelated. That's why PSG paid £200m for Neymar and not Sammy Ameobi. Go find a league one forum you sister snagging little cunt

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If the game were based on statistics then Stephen Hawking could have won us the European Cup. Anyone with eyes knows that Shelvey is a liability when he’s not going through one of his purple patches.

Have you heard of Ian Graham? Dafydd Steele? Tim Waskett? Laurie Shaw? Matthew Benham? 

Do you know what StatDNA is? QlikView? Wyscout?

12 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Your point is that the squad is pretty good, it’s the coaching that’s been the problem over the last 7 years. That’s entirely a matter of opinion that has nothing to do with statistics.

I can use statistics to support my opinion.

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Oh so value and quality are unrelated. That's why PSG paid £200m for Neymar and not Sammy Ameobi. Go find a league one forum you sister snagging little cunt

I never said that... I said price does not equal quality. It doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If I started giving out members locations, things would quickly head South. Shields and protections are there for a reason. 

rowan-atkinson-mr-bean.gif

I’m a smoggy in Manchester mate. If that helps

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

So why do better players generally cost the most then?

I don't quite get what you don't understand when I say that price does not equal quality... You cannot base a players ability solely on his price tag like someone suggested... It's that simple.

5 minutes ago, Clarko said:

I don't quite get what you don't understand when I say that price does not equal quality... You cannot base a players ability solely on his price tag like someone suggested... It's that simple.

So to summarise price doesn't equal quality it just HEAVILY correlates to it. Hence teams like Chelsea and Man City winning the premier league and not, say, Hartlepool 

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So to summarise price doesn't equal quality it just HEAVILY correlates to it. Hence teams like Chelsea and Man City winning the premier league and not, say, Hartlepool 

That's a different argument... You're now trying to argue that money equals success... 

Shelvey and Gayle are both nowhere near good enough, Rafa knew and was happy for them to be nowhere near the team. To argue otherwise is just a sad attempt at wummery.

As for the arguement about Rafa spending more and getting the team relegated, well it’s laughable and could only come from someone who isn’t a supporter but quite possibly is Luke Edwards, ie. a clueless cunt. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Clarko said:

I can use statistics to support my opinion.

It’s still just your opinion, not fact. And arguing over whether the players are shite or just average is pretty pointless, given the club’s aim is to bring in better players.

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Is this bloke off your podcast Fish? 

1 hour ago, Clarko said:

Have you heard of Ian Graham? Dafydd Steele? Tim Waskett? Laurie Shaw? Matthew Benham? 

Do you know what StatDNA is? QlikView? Wyscout?

Confirmed. :good:

• Haha 3